It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Police: Postal Worker Accidentally Makes Video on How Not To Shoot Dogs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes I know...Another thread on cops killing our 4 legged family members. Can't do anything about it, move on and accept it as the new norm.

No I don't and won't ever accept it. It's not necessary to kill more and more dogs just to show who is in control. Take a look at an unarmed postal worker and how he deals with those nasty furry terrorists.

A video published to youtube by an Aussie Vlogger, who happens to be a postman, shows us that interacting with dogs, even menacing ones, can be done, without killing.

Warning!...Extremely logical thoughts below:

Mind acrobatics must be performed to justify the widespread killing of domestic companions when you consider that there has not been a movement on the part of postal workers and all forms of delivery people to be allowed to shoot animals that they come into personal contact with on a daily basis. Nor would society be too keen on arming them for indiscriminate blasting or cutting - not even for fear's sake.

They shoot dogs before there would even be a remote possibility. It's the end of every senselessly bloody story where the owner is left to clean the mess; left with the bill and a ticket. "All I have to say is that I feel they're a threat."

Unfortunately, witnesses often report the dog's friendly demeanor, but officers will falsify reports or say "there was a look in his eye." They offer absurd, irrational responses. They intrude on someone's property and then claim the dog was "aggressing" them, when it barks or approaches. They cry "Pitbull!" when it's not, nor is that a cause for execution. Let's not forget that killing animals for no cause is a hallmark of psychopaths. www.activistpost.com...

thefreethoughtproject.com...

And when all is said and done it's often the owners who are made out to be guilty because they don't TRAIN their pets or there was no chain...behind the fence...on private property...behind a door...in the house.

Let's face it. The cops are shooting our pets and it's on the rise. Why is that? Is it because the animals are rising up against the police or is it that cops are getting more arrogant, violent, blood thirsty and apathetic towards anything or anyone not in the blue gang colors? I know my guess.

It's been asked many times...Why Don't cops carry treats? Also, cops always carry pepper spray yet they choose bullets instead. I guess the pepper spray is just for non-violent protestors.

Guns don't kill dogs, Cops kill dogs.

Peace

edit on 30-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

haha thats actually a cute video...a family the other day was telling me about their dog and how bad he was...so they just leave him outside and basically ignore him. I told them id have him being good in 10 mins....within 2 mins the dog figured out the game and the second id approach him hed sit and wait til I gave him a treat. I was there for a week and worked with him every day.. Now he is so eager to please that he sits down before the game even starts haha....the power of the doggy treat!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That is a great video. I keep my pets on a leash or inside because of the perceived threat they could be. They are really little dogs (Shih Tzu) but sure make a fuss when some one comes around.

Its nice to see people try and get along with pets and their owners instead of the shoot first mentality that seems to overwhelm this country.

S & F

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

When it is all said and done, chihuahuas hardly ever get a police bullet.
Why is that?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
the difference: mindset. Police are employed and trained to look for threats. Postal carriers aren't.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
the difference: mindset. Police are employed and trained to look for threats. Postal carriers aren't.

Postal carriers not being trained to see ALL Dogs as a threat might be the Difference.

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Or that none of those dogs were an actual threat. The dangerous ones were fenced in.

I agree that cops need to knock it off with the dog shooting.

As an aside, if that job payed well I would want it. How much fun does that look like? Zipping around chatting people up.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

When it is all said and done, chihuahuas hardly ever get a police bullet.
Why is that?

Because they can just step on them.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sadly, there's not much room in a police officer's utility belt for tactical doggy treats.

I really wish cops would watch this video.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'll bet Batman has treats on his utility belt.

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

how do you accidentally make a video and accidentally upload it?
thats what Im trying to wrap my head around.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
God help the poor soul that ever tries to rob this bloke on his mail route.

He will incur the wrath of every dog in sight.

"He who brings the treats shall not be harmed" - From the Canine commandments

edit on 30-1-2015 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Sadly, there's not much room in a police officer's utility belt for tactical doggy treats.

I really wish cops would watch this video.

Why? Because there pockets are filled with donuts?

Which begs another question. Why do cops tase you sometimes until unconscious or dead, will shoot you until the results are the same, why not just shoot dogs, heck, all of us with tranquilizers? Afterward, tag us and let us back into wild. Sounds more humane at least.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
He's saying that he made the VID without realizing the message it would convey. The message is the accident as it was a by-product..

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I carried the mail for several years. Dogs, as did many in the video, learn to expect your daily visit. (They are not stupid.) Some, as the carrier said in the video, will eagerly tear you apart if they could get free. A free handout is not on their minds. Most dogs, however, act out merely for show. That was precisely illustrated with the black and white collie dog that did not venture out even though the usually closed gate was open. A typical dog is only defending (or appearing to defend) its territory, the yard. Otherwise they behave fairly decently.

Face it, some breeds are bred to be mean and when compared to a normal dog there is a great difference there as between apples and oranges. Why is that so hard for some dog owners to accept, especially those having savage breeds?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Dogs, as did many in the video, learn to expect your daily visit.

I live in a condo on the third floor. The stairs are open and I am still amazed my dog recognizes so many footsteps. He knows the UPS guy, the food delivery people, the FedEx guy, all my neighbors and their friends that visit regularly, the mail carriers (we have a few) and goes bonkers when he hears my girlfriend.

They are freaking smart and very tuned in.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

They are freaking smart and very tuned in.

some more than others....if you have not seen you may like it....

edit on 30-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Police are also trained to be threatening, and the level of aggression ingrained in that training is rising. Dogs respond to threats too, especially on their territory. Also, the police are intruding more and more into people's homes with less cause.

So let's take stock. Cops are more aggressive and more likely to demand entry into your home. Hmmmm....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Awesome! Thanks for the share. I like this one too.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun Because they are ankle bitters. To easy to get stepped on and squished. ;-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join