It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Climategate: this ‘global warming’ scandal is much bigger

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Yeah, as hard to understand as 'Kirchhoff's law of thermal radiation'...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Exactly.

You've made it quite painfully obvious in your posts that you don't understand either one.

Here's another interesting phenomenon you should probably look into: Dunning–Kruger effect

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

But eh Einstein, since your so good at "splaining" embarrasing and complicated "facts", could you "splain" me, the humble flat Earth believer, why there is an "oil guy" at the head of the IPCC? Is it for the pardon of his past sin agains mother Earth?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You've made it quite painfully obvious in your posts that you don't understand either one.

That's interesting, my employer was not of this opignion when he put me in charge for a couple years as engineer responsible for the company's main product, an EO module based on the one used on the Apache AH-64! I may know one or two "things" about 8 to 12um IR band in the atmosphere, emissivity and equivalent temperature...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Ok so you apparently work in infrared spectroscopy then, and yet you are, in your own words, "mystified" by the use of wavenumber, which happens to be the standard unit:

In infrared spectroscopy, units called wavenumbers are normally used to denote different types of light.

chemwiki.ucdavis.edu...

The lack of comprehension in your posts speaks for itself, so why would I really care who your employer is?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

But eh Einstein, since your so good at "splaining" embarrasing and complicated "facts", could you "splain" me, the humble flat Earth believer, why there is an "oil guy" at the head of the IPCC? Is it for the pardon of his past sin agains mother Earth?

This is great too: Ok so the head of the IPCC is an “oil guy” because he served on numerous energy boards (from fossil fuels to renewables) in his native India over the course of his long career. Would you care to explain then the supposed end game behind an oil guy trying to eliminate the world’s dependence on oil?

Even your conspiracies don’t make sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Ok so you apparently work in infrared spectroscopy then, and yet you are, in your own words, "mystified" by the use of wavenumber, which happens to be the standard unit:

Was not in spectroscopy, FYI cm-1 belong in a spectroscopy lab, when you get out of the lab (and the arm chair) you use nm and um. In the real world, when you talking of procuring a FLIR, you hear things like 3 to 5um or 8 to 12um band and never in cm-1. When was the last time we specified a laser in cm-1 ?

Even optical filter are specified most of the time in nm or um, if measurement were made in cm-1, they are converted since cm-1 is less well understood by other peoples than spectroscopist...
edit on 2015-2-1 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

This is great too: Ok so the head of the IPCC is an “oil guy” because he served on numerous energy boards (from fossil fuels to renewables) in his native India over the course of his long career. Would you care to explain then the supposed end game behind an oil guy trying to eliminate the world’s dependence on oil? Even your conspiracies don’t make sense.

I'm not crying conspiracy, I just find it very funny the boss of the IPCC being in bed with the "oil guys"...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Well guess what - in the sort of atmospheric physics we are dealing with here - it starts in the spectroscopy lab, and ends in the satellite data previously posted. You've now noticed both use wavenumbers, so all you're saying then is how unqualified you actually are to be discussing the topic at hand.

Thanks for confirming

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

And what do you think Einstein of his involvment with GloriOil?

"
Our vision is to be the leader in bio-technology solutions to the global oil and gas industry and service provider of choice to both independent and major oil and gas producers. Our mission is delivering state of the art bio-technology solutions to improve and increase recovery from mature oil wells and to solve complex problems associated with the production of oil, gas and water.
"

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

And you Einstein, what are your qualification?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Holy smokes do you even understand what bio-technology solutions to oil and gas are?

Many look to algae as the renewable resource to win the battle over global warming, and provide the U.S. with energy security. In reality, algae hold great promise as a resource that, if developed correctly, could become a sustainable biomass source for energy and fuels.

biomassmagazine.com...

It's a sustainable resource because it pulls the carbon it uses from the atmosphere.

Please just stop talking...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

And you Einstein, what are your qualification?

Did my undergrad in math & physics, now studying and working in renewable energy engineering, thanks for asking.

Now please go away.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Well guess what - in the sort of atmospheric physics we are dealing with here - it starts in the spectroscopy lab, and ends in the satellite data previously posted.

That's probably why climatology is so full or error, they ignore the real world and stay in the lab "playing" with imaginary computer model and confabulate about theirs fantasy of saving the planet.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Holy smokes do you even understand what bio-technology solutions to oil and gas are?

Are you so sure, and what about oil well bacteria injection?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

This IS real world data:

Oh right, we went over this already...you are mystified by it...nevermind.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Did my undergrad in math & physics, now studying and working in renewable energy engineering, thanks for asking.

LOL

Just what I was thinking, an armchair modeler...

LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
But...see...they use Kirchhoff to determine the temperature of the atmosphere. Blackbody radiation and stuff.

So, when you think Kirchhoff supports your position he's right.
And when he doesn't it's, "well, it's just numbers anyway."
Got it.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This is getting really pathetic, and I'm becoming embarrassed just talking to you. Gonna stop now.

Man I miss when ATS used to have an "ignore" button.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry Phage, I've been invited to go away, but still enjoying arguing with you. Believe what you want, but even if you have it true that CO2 will trap heat, I believe that the Earth water cycle produce NEGATIVE feedback and will regulate the temperature accordingly.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join