It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Militarized Stormtroopers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Here's New York finest gearing up to the ^10 level. Are you scared? I think this is a cause for alarm. You know this is going to go nation-wide.

NYPD to launch a beefed-up counterterrorism squad

Commissioner Bratton Unveils Plans For New High-Tech Anti-Terror Police Unit

Video Yahoo
edit on 30-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Counterterrorism? They mean countercitizen.

And who protects the citizens from these terrorists? Awfully hard when you have a gang running your lives...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Counterterrorism? They mean countercitizen.

And who protects the citizens from these terrorists? Awfully hard when you have a gang running your lives...

I feel that this is going to set a precedent nation-wide. You know when New York or California rolls something out, it's not long before it expands. This needs to be stopped. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I wonder what type of tech they will be given.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
LOL sometimes i read some of the stuff that is written bout the police and wonder if you guys think it would be better if the NYPD just didn't bother with a counter-terrorist unit, they just didn't bother with one, you know just hoped for the best.

I am actually really shocked that before the creation of this group there was not already a full time dedicated counter-terrorism unit for the NYPD. I am sure they will have a HRT team close by and their own dedicated SWAT units but I would have thought for global city like New York they would have already had a unit like this.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
LOL sometimes i read some of the stuff that is written bout the police and wonder if you guys think it would be better if the NYPD just didn't bother with a counter-terrorist unit, they just didn't bother with one, you know just hoped for the best.

I am actually really shocked that before the creation of this group there was not already a full time dedicated counter-terrorism unit for the NYPD. I am sure they will have a HRT team close by and their own dedicated SWAT units but I would have thought for global city like New York they would have already had a unit like this.

They already have been militarized. Now it's progressing. When was the last time you seen a terrorist on American soil. Make no mistake, this is for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Out of curiosity,

What counter-terrorism defence do you think the City of New York should have?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Out of curiosity,

Defund the NYPD, overturn the assault weapons ban, and allow open carry. A free people should by definition be able to police themselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
S&F but there is already a thread on this.

Thread

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Out of curiosity,

The National Guard. The police already have APC's with sound cannons. SWAT is a good pick also. I guess you like having the military on the streets. What's next, are they going to ask you for your papers? I'll keep my eye wide open before settling into a comfort zone. If I didn't learn anything about history, I might be like you. I'm sure Germany didn't see it coming either.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Defund the NYPD, overturn the assault weapons ban, and allow open carry. A free people should by definition be able to police themselves.

Ok so say a group of terrorists turn up at your kids school, just like the siege at Beslan only in New York, who do you think should respond to that, if you defend the NYPD and they have no Counter-terrorism capabilities, what then?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
S&F but there is already a thread on this.

Thread

Thanks Fraggle, I'll go over there and join the discussion. I did use the search and nothing came up.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Out of curiosity,

The National Guard. The police already have APC's with sound cannons. SWAT is a good pick also. I guess you like having the military on the streets. What's next, are they going to ask you for your papers? I'll keep my eye wide open before settling into a comfort zone. If I didn't learn anything about history, I might be like you. I'm sure Germany didn't see it coming either.

Let me get this right.

You are opposed to the police having what you would describe as a "militarized counter-terrorism unit" yet when i ask you who then you think the role of CT should fall to you point to the "national gaurd".... the military.

please tell me you can see the hypocrisy in this logic.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Out of curiosity,

Let me get this right.

You are opposed to the police having what you would describe as a "militarized counter-terrorism unit" yet when i ask you who then you think the role of CT should fall to you point to the "national gaurd".... the military.

please tell me you can see the hypocrisy in this logic.

I don't fear terrorist. I'm not giving them that power. It seems that NY is and will probably spread. I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than being killed by a terrorist. I fear for the nation because it'll be too late to change # if it's not done now. Call me vigilant. I know what can happen. History shows it. You keep giving up your freedom for security. I don't want to do so.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The guard only gets called when there is a REAL problem. They don't police the streets daily. That's the difference. I'm sure you can relate to that, right?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Shouldn't they be sending the militarized cops over to the middle east-where the terrorists actually ARE?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

Shouldn't they be sending the militarized cops over to the middle east-where the terrorists actually ARE?

yup

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"to handle both counterterrorism and protests"

what? terrorism is included in the same context as protests?

wow. sad.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The smart thing to do is stop ALL travel from nations that are controlled by the enemy.(Any comment naming the real enemy gets poofed-I guess score one for the terrorists at least as far as ATS goes.)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

It depends on the color of the protesters.

One group would immediately attacked by gov troops while the other group is allowed to burn down cities while the gov sits on their thumbs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join