It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming Practice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sometimes when I am dreaming I get lucky and I try to wake up, and I wake up somewhere besides my bed at home. This false awakening allows me to lucid dream - to know that I am dreaming while being in crystal clear dreamscapes. Since it is based on luck, it is a bit annoying (I also can't wake up when this happens, because if I try, I wake up somewhere else again lol).

I haven't figured out how to trigger lucid dreams yet, although I do own some lucid dreaming tapes by HemiSync (I think) that help you trigger them. I could try those out sometime.

What I have been working on while dreaming is my technique. You see, when I lucid dream, I have to lock into my surroundings or else they can start to fade. The more locked into my surroundings I get, the more clear and detailed they become.

One thing I discovered was that I have to make sure they are consistent, and that means not loading too much at once - too much is up to the ability of the dreamer. I have been dreaming about walking through a house, for example, and when I return to a room I was in before, it is different. That kind of thing ends up losing synchronicity with the dream.

So last night, I was working on increasing the detail in my dreaming. I locked into my surroundings by paying attention to them. I made sure they were consistent by looking back and forth and seeing the same thing. The consistency did not always work.

The easiest sense to work on is sight. Hearing things is definitely harder for me. This is especially true when it comes to interacting with people while exploring. Running into someone in high-definition and keeping them there without losing them is hard enough, but having them speak is harder still.

This could be because they are saying things from my subconscious while I am consciously aware of what I am doing - in other words, the other person in the dream is "self-aware" but still being supported by my brain. Sound involves hearing words from other people, which means they are speaking. Sounds like random forest noises or cats aren't so hard.

Even harder than sound is the sense of touch. I practiced taking a drink from someone a few times last night in order to feel my hand touching theirs and their drink. Taste and smell are very rare for me, although I was able to taste the drink this time.

In essence, I spent a lot of time last night practicing improving my dreaming detail and technique. It started out with reading. I was using a projector, and there was text on the screen, so it had to stay there long enough for me to read it. I read it a few times to make sure it didn't start shifting what it said on me when I went back to reading something earlier in the text, which it did do. (if it did, I was losing touch with the dreamworld, if only a bit).

Then I started watching some streaming videos on the projector and I discovered that I could travel through the projector into another part of the world, which was interesting. Usually, I have to fly to get places, and that involves loading large chunks of data - it would be hard to go somewhere else in the world, I think.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I haven't figured out how to trigger lucid dreams yet, although I do own some lucid dreaming tapes by HemiSync (I think) that help you trigger them. I could try those out sometime.

I have found that eating a grilled cheese sandwich before bed time helps with an enhanced dream state.

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...
edit on 30-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I have also found something that helps me in shamanic travels. Flying dreams. Can't talk about it though...T&C...
edit on 30-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm gonna give you two tips that have helped me immensely. They were actually a consequence of Astral Projecting, but now I lucid dream several nights a week easily. Here they are:

1. To Lucid Dream, The problem with realizing you're dreaming in a dream is that you mimick your waking life while dreaming. So in your waking life you never go "I wonder if i"m awake" you just know you are, so in your dreams you will repeat that thought. So here's what you do. Every so often take two fingers, I use my pointer and middle finger in my right arm, and press it against your left palm, push relatively hard and ask yourself "Am I dreaming" Once you see your fingers don't go through your hand, and you realize you are awake, than you can move on. I do this about four times a day, obviously the more you do it the better. What will happen is you'll start questioning reality, and this will pass on to your dream world.

2. When you realize you're lucid, Look at your hand. Seriously look at it, examine it closely look at all the details in it, you will get more clarity and be able to move around without falling back into the dream. If you feel yourself losing consciousness again, look at your hand again.

There you are, For the first one it'll help if you have a "clue" to do it because at first you wont' remember. Either set an alarm or think of an object you see fairly often but not super often, maybe you use a copy machine at work three times a day? every time you go up to it you can do the Reality Check. Note* depending on the clue, the easier it will be to become lucid. in this scenario whenever you dream about work, and you go to copy machine, your brain would instantly become lucid because it was already trained to question reality when at the copy machine.

For the second one, it helps if you take the time to look at your hand once in a while in waking life, really examine it and see all the wrinkles and everything in your hand.

Happy Dreaming and you're welcome

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Those are interesting points you bring up about lucid dreaming. I love the experience and find myself sometimes trying to sleep too much just trying to get back to that state. My dreams are always full of colorful and even dazzling detail (sometimes more than I'm aware of in waking life) and when I consciously realize I'm there I know I can go exploring and that I can do things like move things with my mind and fly. Both of those things are dependent upon whether I believe I can do them. As soon as the doubt creeps in I'll start falling if I'm flying or the things I'm moving will drop. Shapeshifting is the norm too. I'll look into the mirror and decide what I'd like to look like. Most of the time I let the dream take me on the journey, but if I want to create a place or object, I can.

I almost never have normal dreams. I'm always in a half light sort of world like that just as the sun's coming up or going down. I have returned to certain towns and places in these dreams several times and they sort of parallel places in real life.
The people I meet are interesting. Had a dream just the other day that I was talking to an army guy from WWII and he told me "I don't exist". I said to him, "Of course you do, you're just in another dimension". While dreaming I've also thought of slipping to another dimension as contingent plan while being pursued. I get those pursuit dreams a lot too, after the people in the dream figure out what I can do. I had one where I was hiding in a closet and a man and woman in uniform and armed were outside the closet door. The man wanted to shoot through the door and said "We should just put these wolves down", and the woman didn't want to do that. Then I realized gee, this is a dream - you can do anything so I just busted out through the ceiling.

Sound and touch are pretty clear in them as well. I had a dream not so long ago that I was back at my childhood home and I was wondering how this could be since others live there now. So in the dream I went around touching the furniture and tapping on the panelling and it was all so real in every way, until I got to the living room and the cat that I had then was there and I knew that cat had passed away. That apparently triggered my waking up.

It's funny but when I'm waking up from dreaming I get this really unpleasant panicked pulling feeling. Sounds crazy, I know but it's almost like feeling that the dream world is the true state and the waking world is false, heavy and full of so many restrictions. Fun talking about it though...I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to learn other's techniques for lucid dreaming.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Thanks for your tips everyone. I have heard of this, the point of checking during the daytime if you are dreaming or not is that it forms a habit that carries into the night.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I just discovered that I am actually experiencing a certain kind of sleep paralysis during this lucid dreaming time, since it occurs only when I have a "false awakening." I learned that from another thread I read recently... it is interesting that I am able to manipulate and manifest things during it.

new topics

top topics

join