It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Bush likely has some dirt on Romney.

Romney and Bush have a meeting and then Romney backs out.

Or did Bush promise him something to get out. Offer him the vice presidentcy. I doubt it. The VP wouldn’t be enough for a man like Romney. Maybe another position? Possibly.

I thought about it then read an article that Romney doesn’t like Bush and will make up with Christie and support him.

If that’s true then most likely Bush threatened Romney with something to get him to get out.

And it worked therefore Romney wants some payback.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh, I think there's quite enough 'dirt' to sink both of their ships. And most likely of all, TPTB were there at the meeting, too.

Because, you know, anyone who they deem exceptional enough (pliable enough, and ambitious enough) to run for office has to understand that they are being ''cast' in the Lead Role, and that once they DO get in, regardless of their original intentions, they WILL do what TPTB say.

This country's populace is EXHAUSTED by political playground crap.
I don't know why ANYONE would want to be the POTUS.

edit on 1/30/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

xuenchen, I am actually starting to not detest you. lol. Who has changed, I wonder? Me or you? Or maybe it was the bourbon. ; )

Anyway, I'm disappointed he's not running. I was hoping all their hats would be tossed into the ring, causing massive confusion, in which a huge cloud of political anxiety would overhang, consequently producing a weak and untenable candidate causing them to lose the actual election, like they did on our last merry-go-round ride. : )

Anyway, enjoy the bourbon! mmmmm bourbon.

ta ta.
edit on 1/30/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
While Rand Paul might not "match up" up to his father, I'm sure he's still a hell of a lot better than the rest of the crop. Has he officially announced yet?
edit on 30/1/15 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Romney and Bush have a meeting and then Romney backs out.

Or did Bush promise him something to get out. Offer him the vice presidentcy. I doubt it. The VP wouldn’t be enough for a man like Romney. Maybe another position? Possibly.

I thought about it then read an article that Romney doesn’t like Bush and will make up with Christie and support him.

If that’s true then most likely Bush threatened Romney with something to get him to get out.

And it worked therefore Romney wants some payback.

I actually think Romney would make an excellent Secretary of Labor or Secretary of the Treasury. He definitely knows business matters.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The destruction of the US job base is because CORPORATIONS don't want to pay fair (USA) wages, or fair (USA) taxes.

No, the destruction of the US job base is because Americans like cheap goods.

"Made in America" doesn't matter to most consumers, they only look at price. If one manufacturer has their product manufactured overseas, every other manufacturer must follow suit to remain competitive.

So you have 2 options: deal with companies outsourcing their production or pay 3-4 times as much for goods.

The third option would be to have corporate executives take a massive pay cut and fairly distribute company profits among the workforce via hiring Americans but we all know that's not going to happen. Even if it WAS possible, you'd still be paying 1.5-2 times as much for goods thanks to regulatory restrictions and taxes.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I REALLY wish I thought it mattered who ran for president.

I miss back in 2000 when I still believed in our political system.

Remember when we had a presidential candidate run for office and win under the campaign of, if you vote for me I'll give you $400?

And it still came down to his brother counting the votes in Florida...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I actually think Romney would make an excellent Secretary of Labor or Secretary of the Treasury. He definitely knows business matters.

Businesses are designed to make money. Governments are designed to spend money. When the government becomes obsessed with making money and has the power to tax that money, the people end up as nothing more than revenue for the government and end up broke. Being a businessman is just about the worst possible profession to want in government.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

The third option would be to have corporate executives take a massive pay cut and fairly distribute company profits among the workforce via hiring Americans but we all know that's not going to happen. Even if it WAS possible, you'd still be paying 1.5-2 times as much for goods thanks to regulatory restrictions and taxes.

Option #4. Charge foreign manufacturers for entry to American markets unless they manufacture their product in our country. Then people can buy the product and the wages are paid according to our cost of living, not to the cost of living in Bangladesh. This does increase the cost of goods, but that's negligible because people end up employed and have money to spend.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Mitt Romney not running is no surprise to me. My opinion is...that (Jeb Bush) has already been selected to run and win by TPTB in the various secret societies that decide who will run and win..and who won't.

edit on 2015-01-31T09:16:59-06:00amSaturdayam3120151America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Businesses are designed to make money. Governments are designed to spend money. When the government becomes obsessed with making money and has the power to tax that money, the people end up as nothing more than revenue for the government and end up broke. Being a businessman is just about the worst possible profession to want in government.

Businesses make money, in part, by cutting costs, optimizing production, and eliminating waste.

The government is massively wasteful and is about as far from optimal as possible.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Option #4. Charge foreign manufacturers for entry to American markets unless they manufacture their product in our country. Then people can buy the product and the wages are paid according to our cost of living, not to the cost of living in Bangladesh. This does increase the cost of goods, but that's negligible because people end up employed and have money to spend.

You do realize that the bigger job-killer is American companies outsourcing the production of their products overseas, right?

The competition from foreign-based manufacturers is a drop in the comparative bucket.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Mitt Romney not running is no surprise to me. My opinion is...that (Jeb Bush) has already been selected to run and win by TPTB in the various secret societies that decide who will run and win..and who won't.

Do you suppose maybe it was Hillary who was being groomed ,at first, but then shot herself in the foot too many times for their liking? And that's why, all of a sudden, Bush has now entered the ring?

I honestly thought it would be Hillary to take the throne but now I'm not so sure.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: caladonea

Do you suppose maybe it was Hillary who was being groomed ,at first, but then shot herself in the foot too many times for their liking? And that's why, all of a sudden, Bush has now entered the ring?

I honestly thought it would be Hillary to take the throne but now I'm not so sure.

Well they can't just run one candidate... Hillary is the Dem selection and Bush is the Repub. They've both been chosen and it really won't matter who ends up in the White House.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen I'd vote for Gov Christie. He weathered the whole "Bridgegate" thing smoothy, didn't let that particular conspiracy drag him down, and it was a conspiracy, and is able to keep the lunatics in New Jersey in line. He'd made a great president.

Romney is associated with the Mormons, and in the face of violence centered around religion, IS in particular, scrutiny of his beliefs would become much more of an issue than they were when running against Obama. There's also a link to the "racial tensions" in Ferguson and Al Sharpton calling for a meeting over the lack of black nominees at the Oscars. The first two books in the Book of Mormon, first and second Nephi, talk about a "fair and delightsome" people coming out of the middle east and later being "cursed with a blackness of the skin". The LDS play it off as a metaphor, but many of us take it as a reflection of society around Joseph Smith in the early 1800s. The timing of all this wouldn't work well with Romney trying to run for office this time around.

Outside that, I think there's a bit more that the next president will have to deal with in that Obama seems to be encouraging Latinos to flood the country. A Latino majority would crush the black vs white conflicts that have driven politics for so long, as the Latinos can't be guilt tripped over slavery. I wrote a blog about it, which I'll just link here instead of posting a wall of text.
trihalo42.tumblr.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I hope nobody runs..................we need a break from all this stupid.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Businesses make money, in part, by cutting costs, optimizing production, and eliminating waste.

The government is massively wasteful and is about as far from optimal as possible.

Why is our government so wasteful when there's a long list of foreign governments large and small that are efficient and cost effective? China, Norway, Germany, and Singapore to name four diverse governments.

You do realize that the bigger job-killer is American companies outsourcing the production of their products overseas, right?

The competition from foreign-based manufacturers is a drop in the comparative bucket.

Poor wording on my part. A domestic company must still import the product. I say that if you want to sell products on American soil you either pay a tariff to enter the market in order to eliminate the advantage of third world labor or you provide jobs to American workers.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I REALLY wish I thought it mattered who ran for president.

I miss back in 2000 when I still believed in our political system.

Remember when we had a presidential candidate run for office and win under the campaign of, if you vote for me I'll give you $400?

And it still came down to his brother counting the votes in Florida...

They still count the votes. Just last time they had to count how many times someone had to vote to get Obummer to passs.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Why is our government so wasteful when there's a long list of foreign governments large and small that are efficient and cost effective? China, Norway, Germany, and Singapore to name four diverse governments.

China: Effective because they have 1 Billion workers that work or die based on what the government wants
Norway: Such a small population that it can be efficient. (The Swiss have the best government ever, but it would never work on a large scale)
Germany: I love Germany, but the people there are still mostly brainwashed to follow the leader and toe the line. (at least when it comes to politics)
Singapore: Umm other then lots of cheap labor don't know a lot about this one [/post]

Poor wording on my part. A domestic company must still import the product. I say that if you want to sell products on American soil you either pay a tariff to enter the market in order to eliminate the advantage of third world labor or you provide jobs to American workers.

Unfortunately this would not work because then then would just up the rate on things we import to them, or on things we needed to export to the US.
edit on 2-2-2015 by dismanrc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I'm not surprised. Mitt and Jeb had their pow-wow last week and it seems Mitts old donors are already backing Jeb. I'd rather see Scott Walker than Jeb but he seems to be 'it' this time ....

I would prefer Walker too.

He will be making an impact in the 2016 campaign for sure.

Perhaps a Cabinet position or run for Senator later.

I bet he runs stronger for President next decade (like 2024).

I'm in Wisconsin and we know here that Walker is barely articulate and is a RHINO (Republican in name only). He's not a true Republican, he's just another puppet.
edit on 2-2-2015 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join