It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Part of the reason for outsourcing is the regulatory and tax environments.

They will never understand that simple truth.

It is why it is cheaper to have products made 10,000 miles away, and shipped here.

Than it is to make the same product 1 mile away.

Regulation, TAXES. Kill jobs, and wealth.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
Oh yay, one multi millionaire has stepped out of the way so some other multi millionaire can run.

While I have no love for any of the current crop of politicians, I wouldn't want a broke-ass running the country.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I want to see Joe Biden Vs Rand Paul, that would be fun.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I understand you have no sympathy at all for anyone who works for anyone, but you might get a clue.

What UTTER crap.

not expanding and now building facilities in other countries ... jobs that could have been brought to the US ... what else would you call it? The only change has been the business environment between the two administrations.

Wait. What?

The CHANGE is that American corporations have off-shored and are hiring 3rd world peasants instead of their countrymen (AMERICANS) and avoiding taxes.

I have no sympathy??? Are you freaking KIDDING me?

Economic policy indeed. Because if global corporate goons can hide their wealth OFF SHORE, and OUTSOURCE the jobs to people who'll work for pennies a day, it's far more 'economic' than actually paying AMERICAN CITIZENS.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I want to see Joe Biden Vs Rand Paul, that would be fun.

That would be way better than Bush vs Clinton. I'll take that.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It is why it is cheaper to have products made 10,000 miles away, and shipped here.

And to WHERE are they sending those jobs? To 1st world countries? Where taxes are way, way higher? Are they hiring people in affluent, decent countries?

No. Those jobs are exported to 3rd world countries in which people are starving on most days anyway. Oh how noble and gracious. How sickening.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who is 'They', please?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

This company isn't American, and it loved the idea of Barack Obama ... right up until he was president. Then, there was a hiring freeze and the expansion plans gradually slowed and got put on hold.

You can call me a liar all you want, but the Europeans loved Obama until he was a reality and so were his policies. So go ahead and blame the American companies, but they aren't the only ones avoiding this country and its death to business environment like the plague thanks to Obamanomics.

Heck, I see it where I work too, and I work for a small, local LLC. They haven't been hiring except on a replacement basis for the last 6 years unless they can acquire another smaller business and run it one a shoe-string with minimal employees and lots of tech.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

This company isn't American, and it loved the idea of Barack Obama ... right up until he was president. Then, there was a hiring freeze and the expansion plans gradually slowed and got put on hold.

I did NOT call you a 'liar'.

WHAT company?
Your husband works for a non-American company? What company is "IT", please?
What hiring freeze?

Stop with the vaguery and the double-talk, please.
The US has one of the LOWEST tax rates in the developed (1st world) countries. Those bastards just don't want to pay taxes - take a look at the Scandinavian countries, or Canada.

ugh. I'm so tired of you.

edit on 1/30/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You seem to be under some belief that a job is an obligation on the part of an employer to provide for an employee.

What it is is a simple contract between the employer and the employee. The employer has labor that needs to be done. The employer has an idea of what it can afford to pay and is willing to pay for the labor it needs done. The prospective employee likewise knows what he or she is willing to do that labor for. If the two reach an agreement then there is a contract of employment. Push the costs of employment too high through various avenues and employers who can will take their jobs where they can afford to employ for the task that needs doing.

There is nothing in the mix about them providing you a living out of the goodness of their heart. If you get offered what amounts to that ... awesome. But it doesn't always work out that way. I'm not making anything near a living at my current job. In fact, our budget cuts it dangerously close every month because I'm in my current job, but I keep hoping the experience at what I want to do will help me get a better job when things improve in the economy.

I miss my old full-time job though.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Romney suggests......

Another Bourbon please.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Take a look at most European countries.

I don't out my husband's employer because I don't want to jeopardize his job. It's for the same reason I don't mention the name of mine. Believe it or not most employers have you sign agreements not to embarrass them. If I mentioned his employer or mine (and his is a large company with a reasonably well-known name in certain circles) and it got traced back, it could cause trouble.

If he wants it known, he can sign on and name it.

As for taxes, the US has the highest corporate rates in the developed world.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

What it is is a simple contract between the employer and the employee. The employer has labor that needs to be done. The employer has an idea of what it can afford to pay and is willing to pay for the labor it needs done.

Right. Quite.
But - if the job can be done by someone who IS NOT an American with a need for a few tens of thousands a year, then by all means, it's best to hire someone who works for pennies.

"The employer has an idea of what it can afford."

LOL!!!
You mean after counting up the MILLIONS paid to the CEO, right?
Or when "shareholders" start squawking about not making enough on their investments?

Here's the TRUTH: The 'employer' has an idea of a minimum profit margin that includes paying execs unholy amounts of money, and the shareholders a ten percent return, while HIRING PEOPLE WHO ARE STARVING without that nickel a day.

Because, you know, the SHAREHOLDERS and the CEOs are the most important - not the people doing the actual work. As long as the Shareholders and the CEOs are getting rich who cares about the useless eaters?

Mitt Romney indeed.

But you know that.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I don't out my husband's employer because I don't want to jeopardize his job. It's for the same reason I don't mention the name of mine.

"Out" them?

Holy feck. Both of you could lose your jobs if you say where you work?

Pitiable indeed. I guess you both have a lot to hide.
Whatever.
Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

As for taxes, the US has the highest corporate rates in the developed world.

Mmm. And the LOWEST personal income tax. Because of course those who are billionaires should NOT be expected to pay their fair share - they should be allowed to have 'capital gains' at a stupidly low rate, and to hide their WEALTH off-shore in tax havens.

Do some research on Reaganomics.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You know. I really don't know why you bother.

I know you mentioned that you have had a lousy week, and I'm sorry for that. I truly am, but if all you're going to do is attempt to pry into the personal details of my life so you can continue to belittle me, I really don't know why you bother.

I guess because it makes you feel better?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Nope! Actually, talking to you makes me feel worse. "Pry into your personal life"? Really? I couldn't care less. I'm talking about ideology, and attitudes.

Thanks for your 'sympathy'.
I feel just as helpless as you do. This country is going down the flusher. It doesn't matter WHO is in charge; red or blue; libertarian or commie; the NWO is upon us, and no amount of bitching and moaning is going to stop it.

The only way to bring peace to the world is for everyone to work TOGETHER to make sure that EVERYONE has what they need.

But, never mind. I know you aren't wearing your 'us' glasses.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Romney suggests......

Another Bourbon please.

Better make it a double.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Top me off, bartender.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

In fact, our budget cuts it dangerously close every month because I'm in my current job, but I keep hoping the experience at what I want to do will help me get a better job when things improve in the economy.

I miss my old full-time job though.

Yep.
I feel the same way.
"When things improve", eh?

And what would that look like?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join