It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Every one of his ideas in 2012 platform was the right solution and still is and Jeb probably will use him as an advisor if he is the nominee.

2012 Platform:
1. Reverse Putin policy.
2. Modify ACA to restore "if you like your Doctor, you can keep"
3. Fund small businesses to restore economy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Methinks there may be trouble in paradise.

There MAY BE? Methinks you said our house was on fire. More of the same is NOT the answer. Romney is personally responsible for part of that arson - by outsourcing and avoiding taxes.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I REALLY wish I thought it mattered who ran for president.

I miss back in 2000 when I still believed in our political system.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Good! And we don't need no more Bush, and we don't need no more Clintons either!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Pick your poison.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

There MAY BE? Methinks you said our house was on fire. More of the same is NOT the answer. Romney is personally responsible for part of that arson - by outsourcing and avoiding taxes.

So the answer is to try to take even more control of everything?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Except this isn't fiction.
edit on 30-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Hell yes it is.

American politics is pure fiction.

Never forget it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

No, sadly it's not. The more they grasp and grab the more those who can will take what they have and run with it.

And the rest of us are left behind to suffer in the dirt.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, the next president of the United States....Scott Walker! Let's hope so anyways. He's my governor and I tell ya what, the man's a fighter and he get's things done. The libs hate him so much they tried to recall him and he fought it off and then 2 years later, won re-election. He's not a far right tea party member or a moderate establishment republican...he represents the entire party.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Everyone is talking about Jeb & Mitt. It's Marco Rubio who is the GOP rock star though. He is the one everyone needs to be worried about. Wait, watch and you all will see. Been saying it for two years.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
He was worried that there would be more questions about where he hides his money, and why he doesn't pay the same Taxes as the rest of us.

Possibly another recording of the percentage of Americans he hates which has now gone way up due to the devastation of the Middle Class (thanks to both Parties).

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact he couldn't possibly win.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CT_Flyboy
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact he couldn't possibly win.

Agreed. There was no way he could beat Hillary. People don't like Mitt.

But that leaves more room for Bush or does it open the doors for someone else?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thank You Jesus! My head would a sploded!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What?
Not that I know of.

Where did you get that?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Part of the reason for outsourcing is the regulatory and tax environments. My husband is in a position to see it at work in his job. He deals with regulations and the destruction to the US job base. He sees it at work first hand, and he's in an industry that is considered less vulnerable than most others.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Part of the reason for outsourcing is the regulatory and tax environments. My husband is in a position to see it at work in his job. He deals with regulations and the destruction to the US job base. He sees it at work first hand

Oh, of course.
Yes. The government regulation and taxation is anathema to 'corporatists'.
Good for him. We all know that. They're all about NO TAXES, and CHEAP LABOR. And damn the useless eaters. What good are those useless eaters that only ask for a living wage? Yeah! In Bangladesh, it's only FIVE CENTS for a DOUBLE-SHIFT! And no child labor laws (let alone 'unions') - no we can't tolerate those.

The destruction of the US job base is because CORPORATIONS don't want to pay fair (USA) wages, or fair (USA) taxes.

Whaaaaa. whaaa......

Oh! It's the whamublance! Stand by please. They're just round the corner.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

How many jobs did Romney export?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well when he sees his company go from a place that is aggressively expanding and brining good manufacturing jobs to the US at a rapid pace to one that is holding steady, not expanding and now building facilities in other countries ... jobs that could have been brought to the US ... what else would you call it? The only change has been the business environment between the two administrations.

Don't forget, he has a job that is already outsourced from abroad in the first place.

I understand you have no sympathy at all for anyone who works for anyone, but you might get a clue. I'm telling you how it is and where and why the jobs are going. They WERE coming here and they WERE for people from just high school level on up. Now they aren't anymore and that has to do with economic policy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join