It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Whatever happened to that Ron Paul guy?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xuenchen

If she runs, I hope she doesn't win. So it's cool with me either way.

Good to see you are calming down a bit.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I don't really enjoy listening to politicians speak-but Walker actually sparked my interest.

He was completely candid about the lack of accountability in gov.-which I feel is one of the main problems.

We can't afford to pave the roads,but can give the middle east billions of dollars-and spend billions only to spy on American citizens.

(Yes,I proudly admit to listening to Hannity and Rush.)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Retired.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm sure he wanted too....but several of his top aides and advisors signed on with Bush. That's what Bush and Romney met to discuss - Jeb paid him a courtesy visit to break it down for him.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
RIP Mitt Romney jokes... There will never be another spineless rich guy who thinks the Presidency is his family birthright... Oh! Hi Jeb!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Does it really matter which candidate does the talking for TPTB? Presidents are bought and paid for today. The election is merely a popularity contest to decide which signature goes on the executive orders.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President

Best news I have heard all day.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Come and listen to a story 'bout a man name Jeb,
No matter what you do he's a gonna be the Pres.

Well the one thing we know young Jeb's a millionaire,
Kin folk said 'Jeb, move away from there,

They said that the Whitehouse is the place you oughta be,
and the federal election is a mere formality.

DC that is. Swimming pools, Ebola Tsars

Now it's time to say hello to Jeb and all his kin
and they would like to thank ya for re-electin him.

Though the whole darn campaign is a total travesty,
just another twisted chapter in the family dynasty.

Bush that is. Y'all get out and vote now
or not, it doesn't really matter.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If Jeb is nominated, it is over for the Republicans. We need a young firebrand who isn't afraid to take on the establishment of both parties. I'm not looking for Republicans to put up a Democrat-lite candidate and most certainly don't see how it is good for our political system to be electing sons and wives of Presidents. This isn't some kind of monarchy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Does it really matter which candidate does the talking for TPTB? Presidents are bought and paid for today. The election is merely a popularity contest to decide which signature goes on the executive orders.

Now what makes you think that?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Lol!

Hillary is going to be using all kinds of fake southern/northern accents to attempt to gain "credibility"-perhaps she should use that as a campaign song.

Once,she even tried to used a voice like she was an older african American woman from the slavery times.

It's hard for me to imagine how pathetic a person would have to be to do something like that.

(We had a different version of the hillbillies song back in school in the early 80's-but ATS would ban me for 25,000 years if I dared to type it.)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I consider myself a republican. I agree with more of the policies than I do democrat.

I also don't have many illusions about the difference between the parties on the outward appearance scale.

But for the love of GOD, can we at some point in the future have some actual CHOICES when it comes to the illusion of voting for president? As it looks now, it will be a Bush/Clinton vote. Again. It's so far beyond sad, I am not sure what to say.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Romney on the VP card?

That's what I'm thinking. Mitt's consolation prize.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

He had a son ... who will run.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He had a son ... who will run.

The son does not measure up to the father. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I wonder what Jeb had to give Mitt to get him to back out? VP nod? Cabinet position? Hmmmm ...

Just because the donors are switching to Jeb means nothing. They obviously got the memo is all.

As for Hillary, she feels owed after putting up with Bill for all these years. This is her time. Barring something completely unforeseen, she'll run. I don't think she'll win, but she will run. I just don't see her backing out or down easily.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Never thought it was possible, but I starred your post.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Yeah? I predict Hillary won't run either.

I think Hillary is probably doing some damage control because of all the Sex Slave Scandal stuff and Bill's name coming up mixed in with it. That whole scandal is still pending and even though he hasn't been directly implicated just yet his name is still mixed in there.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This news also makes me think that the current GOP internals for establishment candidates aren't all that good. If they thought they could win no problem, it wouldn't be any big thang to have both Jeb and Mitt running, but this, coming hard on the heels of that meeting, seems to possibly suggest that the establishment realizes they need at the minimum a concerted effort from their whole machine, not a divided one which is what a Mitt/Jeb smackdown would have produced.

Methinks there may be trouble in paradise.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join