It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K-II EMF Meter Review - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hello, thank you for checking this out. I have slowly been working on a youtube channel dedicated to paranormal research. I am in no way an authority and over the months have begun collecting and using more of the "advanced" equipment related to paranormal research.

I am not a full fledged believer in unseen entities but I feel the oddities I have begun to capture leads down the road of something actually there versus the opposite. I decided to not rely on tv documentaries and shows to tell me if all this is real or not.

With starting to amass some equipment, I thought it might be fun to try to make reviews on some of these products. Along with presenting my research as I go, I will be trying to make more reviews in this manner.

With all that said, I am not a professional video maker/director/editor ect. Nor am I a professional engineer/electrician/tradesman ect. The video presented contains facts that I have researched and opinions I have written out.

I tried to make this as entertaining of a presentation as I could. This is my first time ever trying to review any product online as well. So go ahead and give it a gander and let me know what you think. Positive or negative, all comments are welcomed.

Video Link: www.youtube.com...
Channel Link: www.youtube.com...

edit on 1/30/2015 by mcx1942 because: addition

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
One of the best objective reviews of the K2 I have seen. Kudos to you, sir. I own two K2s and some other EMF detectors, and I came to similar conclusions about all of them.

Keep in mind, GH is the same group that famously was using surface temp devices to inaccurately measure air temp in their early history. It's sad that so many were so influenced by their bumbling attempts to 'investigate'.

The K2 can never be said to be a serious device in paranormal investigation. It is too sensitive to even the smallest EMF fluctuations, which contrary to popular ghost hunting doctrine, you can get even in abandoned buildings with no electricity. Just a nearby cellphone tower or the -phone itself- can set them off easily. When you're asking questions over and over, without meaningful pauses, you are bound to get 'hits', a mistake so many amateurs make it's just silly at this point. In the end, just like all other 'evidence' gathered with the current tools we use in modern paranormal 'research', you can't ever objectively state that any 'hit' you may have received was actually a 'spirit'. So as evidence, EMF is pretty flimsy all the way around.

I have used K2 in a faraday cage (most modern paranormal 'investigators' seem to not have the patience for them), and received very small readings during sessions, but they have been rare, just like all my faraday experiments.

Lastly, I am not convinced, for myself, that 'spirit phenomenon' and EMF go hand in hand. I still use them, but I take any 'hits' with a grain of salt.

I am thankful that there are people like you making videos like this. Objective, but open as well. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Calalini

I agree, very well said. While it would be very cool to have a device similar to what the Ghostbusters used, sadly I feel we are far from developing such devices. Even though loads of app makers would want you to think otherwise, in reality we may never have a sure fire piece of equipment that can actually scientifically prove unseen entities.

I still think that the trail these emf devices are leading us down may be close to the right path though. I just think one device that sweeps broad ranges doesn't really help in actually telling us anything. But I do think it is the right direction when going down this slippery research slope.

I feel at this moment in our time, ITC seems to be a somewhat more tangible research method. Especially when it comes to the communication part. I have plans for a p-sb7 spirit box review down the road and I want to make sure that video is done right, with history and use ect.

Thank you for the well thought out and presented reply, I truly appreciate it. I have not been getting any replies on my channel videos so I really have no way to gauge how my videos come across to people. I was hesitant of placing this video here but my curiosity as to what others thought indeed got the best of me.

edit on 1/31/2015 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Great review

The K2 is great, but could certainly use some upgrades.

For instance, an spst toggle switch instead of the center button may reduce false readings and finger fatigue!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

I try using a compass. Not bad at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thank you!

The version I have here does have a toggle button, a fact that I forgot to add.

That would of made an especially good point as well, because the older version do not have a toggle button, making it very easy for fingers to slip. Thus making it easier for the older versions to get even more false positives.

I do agree it needs some upgrades and hopefully K-II Enterprises and Ghost Augustine might be working on future models. I would assume they have made a decent amount of money off these but maybe not enough to warrant further research and development.

edit on 2/1/2015 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: steaming
a reply to: mcx1942

I try using a compass. Not bad at all.

Indeed, that was actually my first emf meter.

Cheap and easy to find at most larger stores. I have not tried this yet but I have seen others talk about daisy chaining compasses to outline emf areas. That would be an interesting experiment to try.

new topics

top topics

join