It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why not show us what kinds of aircraft are in area 51???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sled Driver

Originally posted by Croat56

Can you post it I want to see it. Did you just see it and then take a picture or did you steal it from a tops secret location. Either way lets see it!

TADA!!!!

[edit on 12/16/04 by Sled Driver]

That's the B-2 Spirit...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Your powers of observation are formidable...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Your powers of observation are formidable...

! I just love me some aircraft!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The thing is, Aurora does not exist in the way it is purported to. "Aurora" was codename of the DOAF project to develop a heavy stealth bomber. Lockheed and Northrop were the competitors, and obviously, Northrop won. But "Aurora" is just a project designation for that program.

I am not denying that the government has a hypersonic/spacegoing/waverider/antimatter-powered/doughnut dispenser-equipped aircraft, I only contest that it's name is NOT Aurora.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

The thing is, Aurora does not exist in the way it is purported to. "Aurora" was codename of the DOAF project to develop a heavy stealth bomber. Lockheed and Northrop were the competitors, and obviously, Northrop won. But "Aurora" is just a project designation for that program.

I am not denying that the government has a hypersonic/spacegoing/waverider/antimatter-powered/doughnut dispenser-equipped aircraft, I only contest that it's name is NOT Aurora.

I didn't know this... Make sense to me. Do you have any ideas of its real name? I think we can all conclude that something fast, black, and advanced does exist but we arent given any details on it.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Why must we know it's name? Do we know God's name? Should we?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I dont know... I just cant wait for it to be surpassed and become obsolete/irrelevant so it can be declassified. I want some specs.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisRT
I dont know... I just cant wait for it to be surpassed and become obsolete/irrelevant so it can be declassified. I want some specs.

I can practically guarantee you that it is spaceworthy.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Got any range, engine thrust, and well any other info on it? And by space worthy do you mean lower atmosphere or plane old space/300+miles?

Thanks for the info, I'll read it tomorrow...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Even if they did publicly announce the disclosure of all the vehicles/technology at Area 51 do you believe people would be satisfied?

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Aether]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I honestly doubt that it's anything like that concept. The SR-71 went about Mach 3.5 at about 100k ft. That requires a pile of energy, and to go faster, you need to go higher. If it was me, I'd design an low-turnaround independent spacecraft that could operate like an airplane. Nothing else makes any sense. Suppose that concept is the craft. They've (hypothetically) spent billions on making that thing go mach 5+ at 200k+ ft, when you could have spent the same money building a craft that can do Mach 20+ at 200 miles. A space plane is the only thing that makes economic sense.

[edit on 12/16/04 by Sled Driver]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
That's why we have scramjet engines/tech now.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that the visible US military has 'exotic' hardware eg. anti-gravity, flying discs etc. If their are factions within the US military that DO have this technology then they are entirely seperate entitys that do not abide by standard military doctrine and therefore will never reveal themselves. The US military seem to be concerned with the likes of the F-117 falling to to non-american hands, and therefore any more advanced technology would come under the same protocols. Why not put those 'flying discs' into production? Because they dont have them!! If one ostensibly hides this so called advanced technology then why?? The F-117 was considered secret until it became a production aircraft. Surely any other advanced craft would fall into the same domain and therefore become known publicly once it was deemed ready for mass production. Secrecy for secrecys sake makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I personally believe that there are aircraft in service with the US Airforce that we don't know about, like the Black Manta...

If that is the case, the "Aurora" is already fielded (I tend to agree this is not the official name)...

And the TR-3B is OFTEN sighted and I have a STRONG feeling this is a human aircraft...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'll tell you why they keep so many secrets: Secrecy Itself is a VERY Powerful Weapon!

Think about it: how would you prepare to protect yourself against something, if you had NO Idea that it exited? Secrecy gives you the element of surprise. Today, we know about stealth technology, but back before the government Declassified it, Everyone believed that having Radar guarinteed that you would have warning of an Attack from the air. At that time, noone would have ever imagioned a bomber that is invisible on radar. The assumption since world war 2 had been "If your Radar screen was clear, you were safe from attack". Today people expect the stealth planes to be used, but if it would have been used before 1988, the first reaction to an attack by a stealth would most likely have been the fallowin comment: "What the # was that!!!"

Remember: Shock creates panic! If you can force your enemy into a state of panic, you now have the upper hand. When someone panics, they are reacting to fear, and fear isn;t rational! You can use fear and panic to lead your enemy into makeing a fatal mistake. Surpise and Fear are Very Powerful Weapons!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
True, but people have been reporting the "TR-3B" and other possibly fantastical aircraft for years. Why hasn't the government used it/them yet? What's the point of just flying them around in nevada for people to complain about? And if so many people "know" about them, why doesn't the government just come clean? A: they don't exist, or B: I can't think of a good one here.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aether
Even if they did publicly announce the disclosure of all the vehicles/technology at Area 51 do you believe people would be satisfied?

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Aether]

I tire of people refering to that base as "Area 51." Groom Lake AFB is located in area 51 of the Nevada Test Range.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe that the visible US military has 'exotic' hardware eg. anti-gravity, flying discs etc. If their are factions within the US military that DO have this technology then they are entirely seperate entitys that do not abide by standard military doctrine and therefore will never reveal themselves. The US military seem to be concerned with the likes of the F-117 falling to to non-american hands, and therefore any more advanced technology would come under the same protocols. Why not put those 'flying discs' into production? Because they dont have them!! If one ostensibly hides this so called advanced technology then why?? The F-117 was considered secret until it became a production aircraft. Surely any other advanced craft would fall into the same domain and therefore become known publicly once it was deemed ready for mass production. Secrecy for secrecys sake makes no sense.

Somewhat true... I dont believe in flying disks and the like but I do believe that there are technologically advanced aircraft that either wont be used yet because of their stage of development, their pronominal cost, and the fact that the enemy or friendly shouldnt know that the said technology is functional at this point and time... Im no conspirator (or whatever you call them) but from other fields of technology its only logical to assume the above... Why mass produce a hypersonic bomber that has a small payload when a state-of-the-art B-2 gets the job done?
The reason the F-117 may have been disclosed to the public because the more advanced B-2, and F/A-22 was under development and they where used in Panama... I'm sure some people saw something funny flying over them and had questions...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

ChirsRT
Why mass produce a hypersonic bomber that has a small payload when a state-of-the-art B-2 gets the job done?

Mass Produce...No, a dozen or so...Yes.
TIME...The B-2 can take nearly a day to get to the other side of earth, and if you could fly there in say...5 hours, that would give you a big edge.

Also.....One of the main reasons the F-117 became de-classified is they made to many for the airforce to keep there tight leash on them.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
^^ Thats basically what I said about the F-117.

There are 21 B-2s in active service; it surely wasnt slightly produced, mainly due to it's cost...

Also, most likely the B-2s will already be in the theatre of operation as to not take 15 hours to reach the target.
Again, why let the public and enemy know what kind of advanced technology you have when you already have something more then capable to get the job done?

These bombers will work greatly with the plans of a space catapult like device our military has planned...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join