It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

why not show us what kinds of aircraft are in area 51???

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
lets say that the alien phenomena does not exist and is all false...

why not show the world what kinds of aircraft are in area 51???

this would scare our enemies and maybe they will give up...

the world would be more peaceful because our enemies would give up...

is this train of thought correct???






posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
No way!!!

Its like poker, never give up your hand until its time. 50% of any defense/offence is suprise and mystery. Keep them guessing. And also: our advisaries also develope secret stuff as well, why show thgem ours if they arent showing theirs?

No value to it at all, even if it drives people like us nuts!!!



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
No way!!!

Its like poker, never give up your hand until its time. 50% of any defense/offence is suprise and mystery. Keep them guessing. And also: our advisaries also develope secret stuff as well, why show thgem ours if they arent showing theirs?

No value to it at all, even if it drives people like us nuts!!!


well if america is the most powerful nation with the most powerful technologies, then there is no competition...

lets show the world what we have to scare them off...





posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They see all, just because the United States is the only remaining superpower, it does not imply that we have no competition. And the people who are our adversaries (or potential adversaries) are not going to be 'scared' by looking at our Bad Juju; they will just have an opportunity to defend against the stuff they now know about.



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
they don't have to disclose all in ones but I think it is time for some things to be declasified. some aircraft / propulsion and some new energy sources.



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
They see all, just because the United States is the only remaining superpower, it does not imply that we have no competition. And the people who are our adversaries (or potential adversaries) are not going to be 'scared' by looking at our Bad Juju; they will just have an opportunity to defend against the stuff they now know about.


how can they fight off the aurora???

this is the super sounic jet correct???

it travels at the speed of sound...

can they really fight this off???





posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
lets say that the alien phenomena does not exist and is all false...

why not show the world what kinds of aircraft are in area 51???

this would scare our enemies and maybe they will give up...

the world would be more peaceful because our enemies would give up...

is this train of thought correct???




No ... you would make them realize that we have something that they do not ... and we do not want them to know that we have that untill we have learned something to defeat that ... Why would you give someone information that you have something that cannot be defeated ??? NUMBER ONE RULE IN COMBAT .... Means more than is Said ...


"If you can see the enemy, they have already seen you!"


Remember that >!!!! If you ever are in a war. !=-) ... For all of our sakes I hope you never have to !!!



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   


how can they fight off the aurora???

this is the super sounic jet correct???

it travels at the speed of sound...

can they really fight this off???


If the Aurora exists it is most likely Hypersonic capable. ~Mach7+...
An airliner travels just below the speed of sound and military jets like the F-15 are capable of ~2.5 times the speed of sound but routinely fly at ~ mach1+.

And no, if it does exist they currently cannot fight it. Others where right though... Why show the enemy the cards you have? Mystery is one of the best weapons.



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
No ... you would make them realize that we have something that they do not ... and we do not want them to know that we have that untill we have learned something to defeat that ... Why would you give someone information that you have something that cannot be defeated ??? NUMBER ONE RULE IN COMBAT .... Means more than is Said ...


"If you can see the enemy, they have already seen you!"


Remember that >!!!! If you ever are in a war. !=-) ... For all of our sakes I hope you never have to !!!


how would they get info. from our "pics" of a top secret aircraft???

we will just show them pics and maybe some videos of an aircraft in action...

i don't think that they can get alot of info. from this...

and yes, i am aware of that rule...





posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
lol, Your questions sound a lot like mine.

Check this thread out. Black Budget / Good or Bad?

Personally, I see both points, but I just want proof that they are mot wasting billions of dollars, and I want to see what billions of dollars can do.
We havn't had a black aircraft rolled out to us since the B-2, I think were entitled to another amazing aircraft.



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   


how would they get info. from our "pics" of a top secret aircraft???

we will just show them pics and maybe some videos of an aircraft in action...

i don't think that they can get alot of info. from this...

and yes, i am aware of that rule...


You, as well as me would be amazed at what scientist can do with a few photos... There is the possibility that they can tell if it has a reduced radar cross section, whether its stealth, whether its stealthy to radar and to infra red signature and so on... there are certain designs for certain purposes. With UAVs its real hard to tell what the design is for by just looking at it because they are oddly shaped from lack of pilot and life support systems aboard. But if the aircraft is a piloted one then if they study it enough they may be able to tell what aspect(s) of stealth it is, what type of mission role it has and probably what its general speed may be...

Just sit tight... We will be rewarded with a new shuttle in a few as well as a couple of UCAVs (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles) and maybe, just maybe a new Navy fighter... as the Super Hornet is NOT performing like wished as said by many Navy pilots Ive talked to and they believe the F-35 will not fulfill the needed task as wanted. Im for both jets but lets look at the facts here


[edit on 15-12-2004 by ChrisRT]



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh come now...

I can tell that you are an enthusiast but don't let your curiousity separate you from what is prudent.

ChrisRT has a very good point that needs to be considered.
A lot can be learned in a photo... If for a random example a waverider transatmospheric vehicle were pictured for the general public then that would not only reveal a capability that should not be revealed, but a close study of the vehicle could reveal design secrets that could give a competitive country the breakthrough they'd been needing to have an indigeonous vehicle of the same concept.

As for advanced technologies, especially those which may seem out of this world, if other countries were to know that such a specific technology was indeed possible then they would eventually be able to emulate it. If the technology is not revealed then the chances of it being on a competitive country's wish list or for that country to begin developing a counter response is far less likely...

In either scenario presented, what technological edge the US may have would come closer to being compromised - not a good thing... (at least for the US)



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Right-on IntelGurl!!!



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Good point about the picture ChrisRT and IntelGurl. The first picture the Pentagon revealed of the F-117A to the public was a very poor shot. The picture helped hide the facets of the plane you pretty much just saw a black outline of the plane. So they were indeed concerned about letting out high quality pictures at first.



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hey, and while they are at it, whynot just show us whats inside Los Alamos?



posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
how can they fight off the aurora???


I have a picture of the Aurora. I am so not lying.

[edit on 12/15/04 by Sled Driver]



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sled Driver

Originally posted by they see ALL
how can they fight off the aurora???


I have a picture of the Aurora. I am so not lying.

[edit on 12/15/04 by Sled Driver]


Can you post it I want to see it. Did you just see it and then take a picture or did you steal it from a tops secret location. Either way lets see it!



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Can you post it I want to see it. Did you just see it and then take a picture or did you steal it from a tops secret location. Either way lets see it!


TADA!!!!




[edit on 12/16/04 by Sled Driver]



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This photo was taken by a man in 1978. He stated that he had just left a brothel in Pahrump and was heading home. By the looks of the landscape it appears he was driving north on highway 160. I can't swear to the authenticity of this photo and would appreciate any photo expert input. I have witnessed many strange flying objects in this area.



posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The object looks a little to clean in comparison to the rest of the photograph.



new topics




 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join