It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Jihad Declared in Egypt Following State Dept. Meeting with Muslim Brotherhood

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
To mix religion with politics is an exercise in disaster and folly, ALWAYS.

This political Islam will always end in disaster.

I think the slinkling devil; the Western plot to ruin the Arab side of Islam or to exacerbate it into self destruction is in full swing.

I wonder what in the world the state dept would be doing with the Muslim Brotherhood?

Now if you don’t think they have CIA psychologist advising them on how to rile up these Arabs then I think one is being naïve. They know they always lead to division and eventually war within the Arab Muslim culture.

On another level, I keep trying to remind people that it’s NOT the religion it’s the nature of the human being that's the problem. They know this. They know what there doing when they take sides in these tribal and religious spats.

We always can find religious strife in all religions all the time but the common denominator is human nature.

I wonder when are the Arabs ever going to see what's being done to them.

They are being played like a fiddle by master trichnoloogists

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oxford Dictionary...

Martyr;
1. One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.
2. One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle.

Read a dictionary before you spout nonsense.

That is a Western definition. Can you show me an Islamic definition that means that? Not saying it can't, simply saying you can not use a Western dictionary.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You make a fair point...

The literal translation for the second definition ie someone who suffers greatly for a cause would be Mujahid...

However...
Even if the Mujahid die of Heart failure or get hit by a Bus etc... Rather than dying on the battle field...
They still become a Martyr.

So in that sense Islamic martyrdom doesn't always come via killing and & being killed for a righteous cause.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: TinfoilTP

well in other threads people are convinced they are the good guys.

I am really concerned, something just isn't right, either people are delusional, insane, or sympathizers, or all three.

This to me says it all.

"For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths." 2 Timothy 4:3-4 (NLT)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: butcherguy
I had to go looking.
I found this on Wikipedia.

Islam views a martyr as a man or woman who dies while conducting jihad, whether on or off the battlefield (see greater jihad and lesser jihad).[22] However, opinions in the Muslim world vary widely on whether suicide bombers can count as martyrs. Few Muslims believe that suicide bombing can be justified.

They list this Iranian paper (Tehran University) as the source.
Concept of Martyrdom in Islam

I am not denying that there are Muslims that view suffering as martyrdom, but just letting everyone know what a person sees when they try to find out for themselves... not being a Muslim.

: a person who pretends to suffer or who exaggerates suffering in order to get praise or sympathy

This speaks volumes

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

yes, stosh, that scripture comes to mind often.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
God is love. anything that does not come from love at it's source, does not come from God. The words you read and choose to follow are the words of men, not God. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar. Are you willing to put your entire eternity at risk, taking words written on paper, stone or skin and controlled by men, good and evil alike for ages to still be the word of God? The real conspiracy here is that our knowledge is only as pure as our teachers. Men have wrought their version knowledge for nefarious purposes and men are too lazy to seek the truth. Let your conscience be your guide. If your actions and intentions are good and lead to the pleasure of all those impacted by them, then do it. If in the course of enjoying yourself you negatively influence or affect someone other than yourself, you have crossed into evil. You must know, love and trust yourself before you can advance into the next realm, or level of spiritual existence. Look in your heart and find God, he is there waiting for you.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Okay. I did a good bit of searching about this.

As near as I can see, the OP source claimed that the Muslim Brotherhood printed one thing in English and another in Arabic. No screen shots, no nothing. Who translated?

And the repetition of State Department was a nice alarming touch.

The statement, first reported Friday by the Washington Free Beacon‘s Adam Kredo, starts by invoking a passage from the Quran: “And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of God and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know but whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of God will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.”

On its English language website Friday, the Brotherhood struck a dramatically different tone in an article in which it “Reiterates Commitment to Non-Violence.”

“The Brotherhood should not have to – every day – reiterate its constants, its strategic stance and chosen path of civil peaceful struggle to restore legitimacy…,” it said.

It does when it posts a call to prepare for jihad invoking assembling the “steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of God.”

The English posting says Brothers who stray from non-violence “no longer belong in the Brotherhood, and the group no longer accepts them, no matter what they do or say.”

As the IPT has shown, offering mixed messages in Arabic and English is routine for the Brotherhood.

The only other spinoffs, mostly of each other, were on WND, Breitbart, Newsmax, Algemeiner, and a blog on Lubbock Online.

Sisi is clearly having some issues with them and is declaring some jihad of his own. I'd call this a non-starter until we see some actual facts. And some unbiased journalism.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

You make a fair point...

The literal translation for the second definition ie someone who suffers greatly for a cause would be Mujahid...

However...
Even if the Mujahid die of Heart failure or get hit by a Bus etc... Rather than dying on the battle field...
They still become a Martyr.

So in that sense Islamic martyrdom doesn't always come via killing and & being killed for a righteous cause.

But it does require death correct? I am not saying suicide bombing, it could be death from starvation.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Certainly.

While Mujahid & Martyr (Shahid) are not synonymous...

They do entail the same path.
edit on 1-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That is what I had gathered, thank you for the reply! I have a problem with people of any faith who INTEND on Martyrdom. Martyrdom should never be something that is sought, simply not shied away from.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Had to scroll over to page three to actually find someone on topic.

I wonder what in the world the state dept would be doing with the Muslim Brotherhood?

According to the SD

The State Department continues to speak with Muslim Brothers on the assumption that Egyptian politics are unpredictable, and the Brotherhood still has some support in Egypt,

On another level, I keep trying to remind people that it’s NOT the religion it’s the nature of the human being that's the problem. They know this. They know what there doing when they take sides in these tribal and religious spats.

We always can find religious strife in all religions all the time but the common denominator is human nature.

Bravo.

----------------------------------------

The call for jihad by the Brotherhood doesn't do much to cement their attempts to appear moderate, however, it is NOT surprising as it is part of their longstanding beliefs, nor was it made in direct correlation to the SD meeting. It caused the SD embarrassment, The sd was not supporting a jihad and this announcement was hardly a clandestine move to destabilise the region. that stuff is done a little more cleverly.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

No problem.

Fully agree as well...
Only if it's necessary should the violent path be taken.

That goes for religious or non religious reasons too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join