It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Jihad Declared in Egypt Following State Dept. Meeting with Muslim Brotherhood

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Jihad literally means "struggle".

Greater Jihad refers to the battle between good and evil inside a person.

Lesser Jihad refers to "struggle" in the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Did you just use the Cia as a source of information?

The same Cia that lied about torture. Lied about wmd's in iraq. Lied about just about everything.
They are not exactly a reliable source.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

For me personally...

Not really...

Some things I'm agreeable on...

Others not so much...

I feel about them as I do any political party really.

Overall they're no better or worse than Sisi...

But given the cons & despite the pros...
I wouldn't throw my weight behind them.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks, and what, in your opinion is "jihad".
I am honestly trying to understand this from a real perspective and not what I am supposed to think.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Jihad comes in many forms as an ideology...

But there are two distinct meanings that are focused on...

The 1st being struggle in a Spiritual sense, to overcome hardships of all kinds that assault the Physical & take their toll on the Spirit...

The 2nd type of struggle is also known as a Holy War...
Specifically to be implemented in times of persecution...
A violent self defence against those who fight against Islam...

*hence my signature*

The violent self defence can even be against those who just try to pose a danger to someone or their family/community/nation even if not a Religious attack...
And can still be considered Jihad...

This is a basic and paraphrased understanding of Jihad...

I'm not much of a wordsmith

edit on 30-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: buster2010

Why go to wiki why not just go to the dictionary? Is it because the dictionary wouldn't give the answer you want?

There are times when you can be very combative and just downright ugly.... for no real reason. (Did someone pee in your cornflakes?)

Did you even look at the paper?

We may therefore conclude that there is neither jihad nor martyrdom outside the realm of truth, that martyrdom applies only when it is preceded by jihad, that jihad is an inclusive struggle for the cause of the truth, that a mujahid dies the death of a martyr even though he does not fall on the battlefie. He dies as a martyr even though he is not killed, on the condition that he stays loyal to the divine truth and staldnds ready to fight for the truth and to defend it at all costs, even at the cost of his own life. He is a mujahid while he lives, and a martyr if he dies or is killed for it.

Note the part highlighted in Islamic green.

Why would you go to wiki for the definition of a word when there are online dictionaries? The answer is simple you looked for the definition you wanted.

Now I have to suppose that you aren't even reading my posts.
You are fighting some invisible enemy and believe it to be me, I guess.
Oh well, I tried to help you see. You seem to be blinded by hatred or something.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

That would be "Jihaddo" I guess

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I would be willing to bet we are about to be told the Muslim Brotherhood isn't really Muslim by the moderates any minute now.

or else that the MB meaning of the mid 1940s-50s Jihad getting rebooted is Jihad means Political action (not to be regarded as religious extremism) against the Egyptian government or the Jewish State

the martyrdom would not be fanatical terror attacks but self-sacrifice...(as MB associated with BHO is moderate ! )
I just have a bad feeling the WH will spin this MB Jihad as not being extreme or radical...

only ISIL (aka IS- ISIS) is a cancer according the WH... but the Jihad they engage in is perfectly acceptable in metting justice to those Muslims who have fallen away, the apostates
as for the M B issuing the call for the renewal of 40s-50s style of political Jihad is normal, moderate...
They cannot help that some Jihadists will go overboard

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There are times when you can be very combative and just downright ugly.... for no real reason. (Did someone pee in your cornflakes?)

There's no point in trying to have a conversation where buster is involved. Sometimes I think he really is Sheldon...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

There's no point in trying to have a conversation where buster is involved. Sometimes I think he really is Sheldon...

who is sheldon?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

who is sheldon?

A character on the TV show, 'The Big Bang Theory'. He is featured in Buster's avvie.
Wikipedia: Big Bang Theory

I used wikipedia because I just want you to see the answer that I want you to see.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Some, having realised how brutally gruesome such statements as 'drinking blood from a chalice in Buckingham palace' are, have decided that more moderate statements are conducive to Islamic apologism.

No surprise here with yet another dark, let's make the world cry and bleed statement.
Martyrdom is what it is, not what some, tragically and pathetically, want to purport it to be.

edit on 30-1-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Why not just address me personally, instead of saying "some" when you really mean just me?

Got a problem with me...
Quote me...

Don't skirt the T&Cs, just be up front about it... Eh?

Finally if you have a problem with the phrase God Is Great...

Tough!

PS: My original custom title was a shortened version of a Poem...

More fully...

What happened in the Tunnel In Paris...
Was nothing but malice...
They were sitting in Buckingham Palace...
Drinking Blood in a Chalice!!!

In line with the theory that Diana's passing was sacrifice by the Prince...

It wasn't some sort of fetish of my own...

edit on 31-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

well in other threads people are convinced they are the good guys.

I am really concerned, something just isn't right, either people are delusional, insane, or sympathizers, or all three.

Its crazy to watch the absolute polarization of people isn't it?

lol.. yesterday I made and ate pork for the first time.. my husband went into the kitchen when I was cleaning up and he said, this is kind of weird isn't it, a year ago you never would have done this!

lol.. maybe we are just all going insane!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

who is sheldon?

A character on the TV show, 'The Big Bang Theory'. He is featured in Buster's avvie.
Wikipedia: Big Bang Theory

I used wikipedia because I just want you to see the answer that I want you to see.

oh, ty

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

maybe, I feel a little wacky, but I have always been that way, lol

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Indeed, I should apologise. It was not correct to presume to know your motives for a comment you had on your avatar. in order to avoid thread drift I have sent you a U2U.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Does it matter what the word is? The action is what's going to define the meaning. You know with every action there's an equal and opposite reaction, right? I'm sure we'll know soon enough.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Can we kill them or not?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Can we kill them or not?

The magic eight ball says, yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join