It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

They do, and I don't actually think any of the presented examples are true hypocrisy.

Actual hypocrisy is the person who says, "Don't have sex before marriage," while they are simultaneously engaging in sex before marriage.

Or the atheist who tells people not to be Christian while they simultaneously pray to God and Christ.

Or the addict who gives anti-drug speeches while simultaneously doing drugs on the sly.

Those are all hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No more hypocritical than atheists who were once Christians who fell away and then presume to lecture others on how no one should be allowed to be religious at all ever.

LOL

Who are you referring to? I don't know of anyone who would say that.

edit on 1-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ketsuko

No more hypocritical than atheists who were once Christians who fell away and then presume to lecture others on how no one should be allowed to be religious at all ever.

LOL

Who are you referring to? I don't know of anyone who would say that.

Me either.

More fear mongering and misconceptions of atheism.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I've seen people on this board who do. And you are being intellectually dishonest if you deny that you haven't seen those posts yourself.

Religion is the problem. All religion should be abolished.

Those posters exist.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I've seen people on this board who do. And you are being intellectually dishonest if you deny that you haven't seen those posts yourself.

Those posters exist.

as long as it stays out of government, we will be in the green. theocracies are the big thing to avoid here.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Mario persecution of Christians is at historical levels worldwide, but that was to be expected.

Sure is.

They are actually getting murdered over in the middle east.

They don't care though.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i prefer a neutral third party, who is neither for or against religion and is reasonable about the whole thing. that way i don't have to worry that i'll be killed for being religious / not religious / wrong religion, etc. like if i change my mind tomorrow and decide i want to worship flowers/rocks/water/chipmunks/etc, or become an atheist or agnostic, or WHATEVER, I DON'T want to have to worry that a rabid person of a different world view (that includes atheists who want religion wiped from the planet) will instantly call for my death.

ya know what i mean vern?

edit on 1-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Those posters exist.

as long as it stays out of government, we will be in the green. theocracies are the big thing to avoid here.

people vote their consciences. you can't avoid that. it's always been true. you do it, everyone does it.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah people us christians are sooo evil!

Just listen to this crap!

For those who aren't paying attention ?

Government is the new religion.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Those posters exist.

Right. Politics from the Pulpit.

And there is a difference between having a god belief and organized religion.

Living life according to a God belief is different then legislating my freedom rights to adhere to someone else's God belief.

edit on 1-2-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
i prefer a neutral third party, who is neither for or against religion and is reasonable about the whole thing. that way i don't have to worry that i'll be killed for being religious / not religious / wrong religion, etc. like if i change my mind tomorrow and decide i want to worship flowers/rocks/water/chipmunks/etc, or become an atheist or agnostic, or WHATEVER, I DON'T want to have to worry that a rabid person of a different world view (that includes atheists who want religion wiped from the planet) will instantly call for my death.

ya know what i mean vern?

I'm Christian. Go worship flowers. I promise not to call for your death, as long as you do the same.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Oh yeah people us christians are sooo evil!

Just listen to this crap!

For those who aren't paying attention ?

Government is the new religion.

you are just mad because the government works better than religion does and that makes it look even worse.

edit on 1-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Again, as has been pointed out - People decide based on their conscience. Conscience is shaped by your beliefs and religion helps to shape those. Where I draw the line with people who get upset over so-called religion in legislation and governance is when they call any decision made that goes against their preference a decision based solely on religion.

The trap being used there is that if you can draw any connection at all between what you would like to call a religious reason for any legislator to vote against your preference, then you can call it "legislating a theocracy" which is patently false.

Let's look at free birth control for all. It is likely your preference to not have pay for your free sex, but I think if you want to sex that's your call and fine. However, I don't think all the taxpayers of the US ought to pay for it. Therefore, as a lawmaker, I would vote against it. What goes on in your bedroom is your business and no one else's, so you should take responsibility for it in all ways, including financial.

Since it is your preference, you decide I am declaring a "War on Women" based on my faith. It is absurd.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Let's look at free birth control for all. It is likely your preference to not have pay for your free sex, but I think if you want to sex that's your call and fine. However, I don't think all the taxpayers of the US ought to pay for it. Therefore, as a lawmaker, I would vote against it. What goes on in your bedroom is your business and no one else's, so you should take responsibility for it in all ways, including financial.

Since it is your preference, you decide I am declaring a "War on Women" based on my faith. It is absurd.

I support the care, feeding, and welfare of LIVING CHILDREN. Not irresponsible sex.

I absolutely 100% support any and all birth control methods be FREE and paid for by government. That includes abortion and vasectomies.

To reduce the number of unwanted/neglected/abused Living Children. Your mind is on sex.

"War on Women"? Because women get pregnant by themselves?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
IMO, people go after "turn the other cheek" Christians for the same reasons PETA goes after old women in furs instead of bikers in leather.

As I've said on my tumblr blog, if an atheist agenda suppresses the majority of religions that preach peace love and tolerance, the more extreme branches that do not hold as strongly to the "golden rule" will then grow in power and influence.

BBC news and others have mentioned people who have gone to join the Islamic State because they feel it gives them a sense of purpose and that they're accomplishing something, as opposed to staying home and being part of the more socially accepted religions.

By attacking the relatively gentler religions, atheists are paving the way for far worse to rise up. Our Book of Revelations predicted all this long ago, that an "anti-Christ" would rise up with a "new religion". It doesn't say an atheist anti-Christ, but that he would promote a "new religion".

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Trihalo42

Just so you know, I was some form of Christian for about 60 years, before stepping completely out of the god circle.

No one in my neighborhood when I was a child dare say they were Jewish.

I've observed the emergence of atheists demanding their rights and fighting separation of church and state via legal action in court.

In the US, Christians are not persecuted, but they are losing the stranglehold they've had on this country.

As they should.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Everyone on ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Just like the atheists, agnostics or people from other religions that feel that way?

Too many of the posters in this thread have tunnel vision and only see what they want to see but then that is the basis for all extremism and many would have fit in with the Klan all you have to do is change the particulars and they will never see that. Change has to come from within.

There are sooooo many types of Christians and once people go "what about dem there Westburo Baptist Churchers (all 6 of them)" then i should realize its just pointless. It is a form of bias and if it was not this it would be something else.

ETA: Westboro Baptist Church never bothered me even though i disagree with them on all points they seem to bring forward and for the life of me never figure out why people made such an issue of them and now we never hear from them. Part of me thinks that maybe it was a free speech issue that they were throwing up in our faces. But i guess i just defined the term "tolerance".

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: optimus primal

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I'm done.

If only.

Christians have had 2000 years of their way, spreading their death cult by the sword. I feel no sympathy if many of their own flock are coming to see this and abandoning ship. Perhaps the old gods have had enough.

Prime example,

So the persecution of middle-eastern Christians is fine with you?

Never mind, don't tell me, I already know.

No I don't think anyone should be persecuted for their religious beliefs. I also don't believe anyone should be allowed to proselytize. Religion is personal, and should be kept that way.

But you already know that right? Or were you expecting me to call for the destruction of christians?

This poor me attitude christianity seems to have lately is pretty pathetic. Like i said you've had 2000 years, the majority of that time you spread your religion by the sword. No sympathy for christians now that it seems people are starting to say enough we don't want to hear it anymore. (You is used as a general you for christians as a whole, not directed specifically at storm)

I wish i had a picture of the world's tiniest violin so you could imagine it playing for christianity.
oh well.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
"And the New York Times said God is dead - and the wars begun".

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join