It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Then again, it's always been of my opinion that it is easier to hate and disparage what you don't understand instead of working to understand what you don't know.

So true, we have had good lessons from the Israelites in the old testament practising genocide. The US still uses the bible to make important oaths dont they?

en.wikipedia.org...
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

I dont hate but I do understand how the US has lost its way turning around and becoming the very thing it despised the British for at the War of Independence.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No religious test clause is required in the USA.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States. en.m.wikipedia.org...

The British military still has to give an oath to God. (Last time I checked).

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Jesus was Jewish.

Wow from someone who usually does great scholarly threads, how did you mess this up?

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

"In an original 1903 edition of the Jewish Encyclopedia in New York's Public Library, and in the Library of Congress, Volume IV, pages 1 to 5 inclusive, appears a most comprehensive history of the Khazars. Also in the New York Public Library are 327 books by the world's greatest historians and other sources of reference, in addition to the Jewish Encyclopedia, dealing with Khazar history, and written between the 3rd A.D. and 20th centuries by contemporaries of the Khazars and by modern historians on that subject."

Jesus was a 'Judean', not a Jew.

During His lifetime, no persons were described as "Jews" anywhere. That fact is supported by theology, history and science. When Jesus was in Judea, it was not the "homeland" of the ancestors of those who today style themselves "Jews". Their ancestors never set a foot in Judea. They existed at that time in Asia, their "homeland", and were known as Khazars. In none of the manuscripts of the original Old or New Testament was Jesus described or referred to as a "Jew". The term originated in the late eighteenth century as an abbreviation of the term Judean and refers to a resident of Judea without regard to race or religion, just as the term "Texan" signifies a person living in Texas.

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called "Jews", they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as "Jew". The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled "Jews" today refer to as "Jews", were known as "Pharisees". "Judaism" today and "Pharisaism" in the time of Jesus are the same.

Jesus abhorred and denounced "Pharisaism"; hence the words, "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers".

edit on 1-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

en.wikipedia.org...

Barack Obama, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Harry S. Truman, and Richard Nixon (also a Quaker) swore the oath on two Bibles

Maybe not required but as the above states. I really wonder if there is more to it. The propensity for warmongering by the USA really makes me think they know what they swear on...a bloodlust

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Annee

en.wikipedia.org...

Barack Obama, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Harry S. Truman, and Richard Nixon (also a Quaker) swore the oath on two Bibles

Maybe not required but as the above states. I really wonder if there is more to it. The propensity for warmongering by the USA really makes me think they know what they swear on...a bloodlust

I dunno. One thing about the US, is its location. Their only option in "international peacekeeping" is to set up military bases abroad, which may seem like invasion. It's a fact that can't be overlooked IMO.

Once the top industrial nation, but war doesn't come to our shores. We have to go to it.

And as much as Christians try to make this a Christian country, it's not.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
With living a Christian life comes a life of morality. That's what the secularists and atheists truly are railing against. "Do as thou wilt" is a motto of the wiccans, and non-Christians are offended when any sense of morality is displayed or encouraged. Yes most Christians believe in marriage before sex, although any more it rarely happens that way. Today everything is sexualized...and a society cannot have it both ways. The Bible even says that in the last days, men will turn Away from God, denying His very existence, and turn to themselves and the desires of the flesh and become their own gods. When the judgment of God comes it will be swift and fierce. We wonder why the world is in such a sad state of affairs. We worship ourselves rather than our Creator, and have left any sense of morality we once had.
Yes, Christians of today undergo a tremendous amount of persecution, but it will only get worse until Christ returns. This is the beginning of the end. Christianophobia truly is everywhere even here. But we should be thankful that we are not undergoing the harsh persecutions, torture, and death many Christians in other parts of the world are experiencing even today, because of their faith. It will get worse, and with the coming NWO I fully expect to see a One World Religion. You will either become a part of it or you won't. I believe the office of the Pope is being groomed for this religion.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
With living a Christian life comes a life of morality. That's what the secularists and atheists truly are railing against.

Do you have any comprehension how aroggant your statement is?

And wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Like it or not, Jesus was the son of Joseph. And he was practicing jew. I don't know why that would be a problem, since as i checked last time, there were more and more excavations pointing to an even wider spread community of jewish cities and enclaves than anticipated so far. That's still far beside the point that matters, if you ask me. The so called "christians" are a shame to every half-reasonable person practicing their faith. Nothing but self-importance, intolerance and to be honest this whole creationists thing is just so very silly it discredits everybody who followas this "teaching" as delusional wishfull-thinker who lost touch with reality.
I am catholic, i don't want to have anything to do with it. I believe in science. I know God exists, but that is something so personal and has nothing to do with my cultural heritage or my capabaility of thought. If something forces you to bend your mind and deny reality, maybe it is what you fear: the great seduction of the weak. All of that inhuman brainwashing harms everybody around you. It is no love, when you have to change and surpress your god-given personality. It is not right, if you think you know it all and are the only one with all the answers. It is a shame these born-agains and creationists are allowed to abuse the name of Jesus to spread their lies and their hatred.
It is no christianophobia but there has to be a distinction between politics and religion, between culture and religion maybe not so much, but it is 2015! A creator is not only unneccessary it is also obstructive. It is just a private opinion, something i need to give me hope like a cuddle-blanket to comfort me, but nothing mandatory to be a good person, or have morals. You people are all so narrow-minded if god would spit you in the face you'd call him satan.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Yes most Christians believe in marriage before sex, although any more it rarely happens that way.

So most Christians are hypocrites? Is sex before marriage immoral? Are Christians who have sex outside of marriage immoral?

It will get worse, and with the coming NWO I fully expect to see a One World Religion.

Isn't that what Christianity has been seeking to implement for the past 2000 years?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And he was practicing jew

So do you always keep your eyes shut on ATS ...He was a judean not a "jew"
edit on 1-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

No i read and take in as much as i can. But to be honest as a source for facts, ATS is like the dailymail to me. Interesting but not trustworthy.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Faith in the son of god should not require any faith in the sons of men.

Didnt Jesus call himself the Son of Man?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

The religious time isn't about up.

No, but I would say that the days of unquestioning blind faith in a Pastors sermon from the pulpit is of less relevance. With the internet people can actually study the texts from different perspectives.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

We worship ourselves rather than our Creator, and have left any sense of morality we once had.

I see you worship a god who gives phones to Moses (your avatar); but then again you're living in the NT era..the OT is optional according to Saul I mean Paul
edit on 1-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

But to be honest as a source for facts, ATS is like the dailymail to me. Interesting but not trustworthy.

I quoted from an off site text. Good way to deflect and ignore.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

People like you are the worst of the lot. Believing in your God is one thing, but assuming that because I don't it makes me some kind of immoral psychopath who wants to live in a hedonistic world with no concern for the well being of others is going too far. That's complete BS and you know it. Having or not having God in someone's life clearly has no effect on that. What kind of bizarre fantasy land are you living in where Christians are the persecuted knights of the realm fighting against a world where everyone else is immoral demons? Your reality must be a damn scarey place.
edit on AMSun, 01 Feb 2015 09:31:44 -060001America/Chicago2052015Sundayf by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ausername

Faith in the son of god should not require any faith in the sons of men.

Didnt Jesus call himself the Son of Man?

(just an aside, that'd be the SON OF ADAM (who is atum, who is alulim, who is elohim . the created were named after their creator. who is the second adam? this is the salient point. )

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Oh now i remember, we already "discussed" in another threat didn't we? It is pretty pathetic how you defend you're opinion and completely ignore the point. Am i anti-christian again?
Jesus was practising Jew. Basta. And you creationists, new-borners should get sued for dragging the name "Jesus" into the dirt.
By the way, I'd rather believe Alex Jones than a side that is called "biblebelievers" and doesn't have footnotes on where they take their "insights" from. And I think Jones is persuing his own disinformation and propaganda agenda. Second Coming of Christ? Like I mentioned before, if the reborn messiah would tell you he's here, you were probably the first one who'd stone her...
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSundayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No more hypocritical than atheists who were once Christians who fell away and then presume to lecture others on how no one should be allowed to be religious at all ever.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: windword

No more hypocritical than atheists who were once Christians who fell away and then presume to lecture others on how no one should be allowed to be religious at all ever.

recovering addicts give motivational speeches all the time.

edit on 1-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join