It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:16 PM
Jeepers I remember reading that thread by the spaceman time travel guy who selected disciples here to rendezvous with the ship, and the ship (The Big Triangle, One of Them) showed up, and just when he said!

I went through the thread patiently, while the believers gathered, asked questions, and listened, amazed, and then one day he taught, "Oh yeah: no Abrahamic religions, because we don't tolerate them."

A little later, when he told us that he must go away, he took a few last questions, and then the thread was sealed. Like it vanished.

Hope this helps.

# 353

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:26 PM
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Jesus was Jewish.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:30 PM

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Anyafaj

thank for that ,

I really don't have any bad memories about going to church or christian friends, found great comfort from them most the time.

If there was a personality clash or difference of opinion I never attributed it to being Christians but human.

I only have one bad memory of a Church and a bad Christian, if you will. She was a Sunday school teacher and not very kind. She man handled my 5 yr old brother once and we never attended again. Her husband was a sweetheart and he was my Sunday School teacher. Our parents would drop us off for Sunday School, and we would usually arrive early. Once in a while, some place would do something in the community for the church, like Friendly's restaurant did Sundaes on Sunday once. My brother got in line and she yanked him by the arm so hard he began bruising immediately! Because I was the oldest, it was my responsibility to watch my 4 brothers and sisters. I was 11. I was old enough to attend services, but they weren't and they didn't have daycare then. So we would sit in the "café" area off to the side of church where they were setting up the sundaes to wait for Sunday school to start every Sunday. I got so bored, I had the Reverend's wife teach me how to make coffee in that massive coffee tumbler bigger than me! Those 2 foot to 3 foot silver pots! Every Sunday I'd make coffee for the whole congregation when they got out church. It would be there waiting for them. Someone would fill the pot for me and lift it, and I would put the coffee in and turn the pot on.

I found out later, after our dad pulled us from the church for her grabbing my brother, that apparently she had been going through a divorce from my Sunday School teacher. I didn't realize it then as a kid, but as an adult, I can understand the stress she must have been under. No, I'm not saying what she did was right. I'm saying she made a mistake, one I'm sure she may regret now 20+ years later, or may not for that matter, but my brother has forgiven her, as have I, and for us that is all that matters.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:45 PM
a reply to: Stormdancer777

So that means that Jesus isn't allowed.

I was wondering what other 'rules' they have, to point of exclusion. I have a feeling that the I-am-anything-but-normal-about-what-I-perceive-my-genitals-to-be-useful-for crowd will have some surprises in store. They have it so twisted up that at this point, the more eff'd up you are, the more you deserve heaven. Just listen to Bloomberg! He's seated at the right hand of God, helping to destroy the Constitution!

# 354

edit on 31-1-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:00 PM
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

I posted an interesting article along your line of thought, I will try and find it

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:07 PM
Uncovering the Jewish Context of the New Testament

Jewish New Testament scholar Amy-Jill Levine reveals what Jews (and Christians) should know about Christian scripture and Jesus the Jew

Most Jewish readers approach the New Testament, if they approach it at all, with at best a certain unfamiliarity. This is unfortunate, according to Jewish New Testament scholar Amy-Jill Levine, for much if not all of the New Testament is Jewish literature. She points out that Jesus the Jew is the first person in recorded history to be called “Rabbi,” and Paul is the only undisputed first-century Pharisee from whom we have written records. Most of the other New Testament writers were also Jewish, writing for a Jewish audience.
Unfortunately, for many who are Jewish, New Testament writings may well leave a first impression of dismay, if not worse. For these readers, a second look is advisable. When the New Testament is understood within its own historical context, not only can Jews recover part of Jewish history, but they can also comprehend the New Testament’s polemics, its assertions of Jesus’ divinity and its claims of fulfilled prophecy.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:10 PM
To discount the Biblical text as pure fantasy is tragic, they are so interesting from a historic and archaeological perspective, worthy as any other ancient documents.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:13 PM
The Origin of Christianity

Geza Vermes on the transition from Jewish Christians to Gentiles

The Origin of Christianity

Geza Vermes on the transition from Jewish Christians to Gentiles

Noah Wiener • 11/09/2012

A turning point in the Jesus movement, Peter baptizes the Roman centurion Cornelius, the first non-Jewish Christian, in Jerusalem (Acts 10), as shown in one of five baptism scenes on a 12th-century baptismal font in St. Bartholomew’s Church in Liège, Belgium. Image: Jean-Pol Grandmont.
Today the concept of “Jewish Christians” may sound like a confusion of two religions. However, to understand the origin of Christianity, one must begin with the population of Jewish Christians who lived during Jesus’ lifetime. In the November/December 2012 issue of Biblical Archaeology Review, Dead Sea Scrolls and early Christianity scholar Geza Vermes explores the origin of Christianity by examining the characteristics of the Jewish Jesus movement to see how it developed into a distinctly gentile religion.
In the New Testament, Jesus only preaches to a Jewish audience. Geza Vermes describes the mission of the 11 apostles to preach to “all the nations” (Matthew 28:19) as a “‘post-Resurrection’ idea.” After the crucifixion, the apostles began to champion a new faith in Jesus and the ranks of the Jesus movement (known as “the Way” at the time) swelled to 3,000 Jewish converts. At first, these followers were distinctly Jewish, following Mosaic law, Temple traditions and dietary customs.

Geza Vermes writes that “Acts identifies the demographic watershed regarding the composition of the Jesus movement. It began around 40 C.E. with the admission into the church of the family of the Roman centurion Cornelius in Caesarea (Acts 10). Later came the gentile members of the mixed Jewish-Greek church in Antioch (Acts 11:19–24; Galatians 2:11–14), as well as the many pagan converts of Paul in Syria, Asia Minor and Greece. With them the Jewish monopoly in the new movement came to an end. Jewish and gentile Christianity was born.”

New from BAS: Partings—How Judaism and Christianity Became Two. Never before has this multi-faceted process been documented so engagingly and so authoritatively by so many eminent scholars.

As gentiles joined the Jesus movement, focus on Jewish law decreased and we start to see the origin of Christianity as a distinct religion. Jewish Christians in Jerusalem participated in separate Jewish services from the gentile Christian population, and while the two groups agreed on Jesus’ message and importance, the separate rites and communities led to increasing division between the groups.

The early-second-century Epistle of Barnabas is one of the earliest expressions of gentile Christianity and describes Jesus as quasi-divine. ©The British Library
Geza Vermes presents the late first century C.E. Jewish Christian Didache as an important text for understanding the Jewish Jesus movement. The Christian document focuses on Mosaic Law and the love of God and the neighbor, and describes the observance of Jewish traditions alongside baptism and the recitation of “Our Father.” The Didache treats Jesus as a charismatic prophet, referring to Jesus with the term pais, a word for servant or child that is also used for King David, rather than the “Son of God.”

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:15 PM

Faith in the son of god should not require any faith in the sons of men.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:16 PM

originally posted by: ausername

Faith in the son of god should not require any faith in the sons of men.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:46 PM
I don't think anymore beautiful music was written then the music to praise God,

Like any other thing we humans put our hand on, we can use it for good or for evil

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:34 PM

originally posted by: stosh64
Funny how accurate those old predictions are.

Mathew 24:9
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Um, sorry, but that's hardly a "prediction."

Literally, in layman's terms, all that says is "You're going to have haters."

I hear people babble about haters nonstop these days. I'm not impressed.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:19 PM

originally posted by: beezzer

There comes a time when you just have to get rid of the "hate".

I'm certainly trying.

But that's why I can't post much anymore.

Too much hate going on lately.

Sickness is an instrument used for "getting better".

With so many realizing that the ultimate sickness in the outside world being religion and its other forms of control over the earth, it is no wonder that things are swinging into what you call "hate".

The peace lovers do not want things to progress to a higher level, so they run and hide in fear, this is ALL religion based, subconscious and beyond.

Post, or do not post it has no bearing on the fact that religions time, is just about up..... and the love hate aspect that is always enforced by these insidious systems is going down no matter how much anyone loves or hates it.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:01 PM
a reply to: ParasuvO

The religious time isn't about up. Religion has been with us since the dawn of man. Man will always have need to explain their existence so long as science hasn't come up with definitive proof. The real question is...

If religion is in fact real... who is going to hell?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:24 PM

Ah, yes. Charice --- a good little lesbian singing Christian music.

In response to Charice's coming out, the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines said that she is "experiencing an identity crisis," and that her family and friends should "intervene to help her."

I wouldn't say there's Anti-Christian in America.

I would say there is Anti-Christian political domination.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:28 PM
edit on 31-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:11 AM

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Anyway why talk about history? We all know that religious people have been persecuted and killed throughout history.

We are talking about TODAY HERE in America.

American Christians do not know what persecution is. So history is relied upon to define it. Though, ask a Chinese Christian, or a North Korean Christian. They can tell you what persecution is.

Too bad they cannot tell you why they are persecuted with any accuracy, they think it is all about some God and fallen angels.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:13 AM

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

you might not think so but you would be surprised by how much everyone and I mean everyone is influenced by Christian teaching .

No. Many of us are not surprised at all, we can see the world for what it is, and it has gone nowhere in a more positive direction under this influence.

In fact , it has ensured that we do not advance to even levels that Jesus said would happen, it is a total and complete tool of control.

The best one ever devised.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:17 AM

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: kaylaluv
If only all Christians would truly follow the teachings of Jesus (love your neighbor, don't judge, help those who need help, etc.). The problem is, so many of them don't. Those who do, have my total support.

This is not about how they act,

Yes, it is everything about how they act. I personally know Christians who genuinely try to follow Christ - they struggle every day, but they try, and I can see it. I also know many "Christians-in-name-only" who have much hate in their heart, zero compassion, and judge pretty much everyone they come across, ESPECIALLY those who don't identify as Christians.

Sadly, what you stated is why I no longer attend a 'church'. It drove me away from Jesus for a long time.

I always had that feeling that I missed something about the true interpretations of what Jesus was saying.

I now have a closeness that I never experienced in a 'religious' setting.

It is sad how man has twisted the meaning of the words of Jesus to fit his own desires.

I get the feeling it wont be long until we all know the truth.

The words themselves meant nothing here, in this type of world.

Nothing but giving just enough energy to make the cattle believe they have a chance of evolving somewhere, doing something better, or getting some answers.

We sure are going to find out, I can see first hand the Christians for the most part are already in large numbers morphing into something else again, they think this is "God's Will" boy are they in for a surprise when they finally see that no GOD such as they dream about has ever existed.

And I doubt they will have the capacity to even handle a few minutes of "TRUTH".

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:25 AM

I must say, I believe their is a little phobia and paranoia among certain nonbelievers, even on a subconscious level.

It becomes obvious when you kick so hard against the conviction you are experiencing, not fully understand why you are so adamantly opposed to the urging of the comforter.

There is a battle for ones soul.

Yes, but the players vying for that soul are a complete mystery to any religion on this planet.

And the reasons FOR the battle are hidden even further.

But you believe you are freely allowed to find out why, and this would be revealed to you by doing something to your own heart and soul you really know nothing about, that gives you a reaction that you do not know how it works, that tells you to follow belief systems and patterns that are already set out for you.

You have no idea how much more complicated and different the actual reality of Creation can be, than is ever going to be taught in church.

The real fear and paranoia lives inside the religions, more than anywhere else, it is hidden under a mask they usually do not even detect, and it has the ones that REALLY CARE, the most messed up, and they try desperately all their lives, trying to please this God, and make something right that they never made wrong.

I feel very badly for those who will be so utterly crushed at the moment of truth, those who actually walked the walk, and still , achieved NOTHING.

Nothing, but tried to perfect themselves in something that never cared, and was for purposes that ARE easy to realize, and see, but were hidden from them by the very ones they ran to , for answers, and love.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>