It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: amazing
No one should be put to death, obviously, but...I don't see a problem with a lot less Christians. Less bigotry and more tolerance of people different than ourselves etc. I think the world would be a better place.

On the other hand, I have some selfish zany reasons to keep them around...I don't like the thought of us being micro chipped in the future or anything like that, so having many Christians with the fear of the mark of the beast, gives me some valuable allies. The enemy of my enemy is my friend-kind of thing.

So a lot less bigotry and more tolerance ... unless we're talking about less bigotry toward Christians and tolerance of their beliefs? At least they aren't still stoning women and chucking people of buildings.

But that's goes with a long historical look at religions. Christianity used to be incredibly violent just like Islam. The law of religion is as follows.

The older a religion is, the more peaceful it becomes or else it dies out.

Of the Abrahamic religions Islam is the youngest and still going through the growing pains of it's youth. However, with instant media and more horrific weapons in todays world, I don't think we can allow it to grow old like Christianity and Judaism.

Look

Most of the atrocities you are talking about were committed in Christs name but not by Christians.
It is sad how the doctrines and dogmas of man have so twisted the teachings of Jesus.
The crusades were led by the Pope, I do not consider the pope a follower of Jesus. He considers himself, as do Catholics as Christ in the flesh on earth. They consider him the 'vicar of Christ' or replacement of Christ.
I'm sorry, I don't think so.
Anyway, I can understand how people lump all Christians into one group, and I don't really see a solution to it.
On a personal level, please try and consider all Christians are not the same.
I believe the only way it will get straightened out, the whole mess of this world we live in, is when He returns and sets things straight. But that's just me.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
First off, I'm getting VERY tired of everything being labeled a "phobia" now.

The definition of phobia:

In clinical psychology, a phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational.

If a person does not particularly like the behavior of some Christians in regards to altering laws to fit their beliefs, it is not a phobia. If someone accuses Islamic nations of having barbaric policies and committing crimes against humanity, that is not a phobia. People really need to stop throwing "phobia" around to describe logical concerns.

Secondly, if religious people would actually read their holy books and interpret the principles for themselves instead of listening to whatever they're told by the men manipulating the message, it would go a long way toward eliminating persecution altogether. The number of Christians who've actually read The Holy Bible is abysmally small. They have faith in the words of their pastors, not the words in their own holy book. The opinions of men are the source of persecution, not the ideals of the religious texts.

Your spiritual beliefs are yours and yours alone. You can not and should not attempt to force those beliefs on others. Too many people of ALL faiths attempt to change the world to suit their own preferences and that is the root cause of persecution... both offensively and defensively.
edit on 1/30/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It needs to have it's own version of the Reformation. That's for sure. I'm not sure we can justify forcing it to change though. How do you even begin to do that? There is no compulsion in faith, and the harder we push the more determined they will become.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Well then, let's get rid of homophobia, too.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Answer

Well then, let's get rid of homophobia, too.

Agreed. That's where it started. Now every group wants to play the "phobia card" whenever they're offended.

If you can't label someone "racist" for their beliefs, just use "whateverphobic" instead.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Secondly, if religious people would actually read their holy books and interpret the principles for themselves instead of listening to whatever they're told by the men manipulating the message, it would go a long way toward eliminating persecution altogether. The number of Christians who've actually read The Holy Bible is abysmally small. They have faith in the words of their pastors, not the words in their own holy book. The opinions of men are the source of persecution, not the ideals of the religious texts.

As a follower of Christ I couldn't agree more with that statement.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Many of the things people like to blame Christians for are not even committed by true Christians.

"True Christians" who makes the decision as to who the "real" Christians are? You? Do you realize how arrogant and holier than thou, that sounds?

How do Christians think they can provide dogma and behavior for non Christians when they can't even agree among themselves. Is it any wonder that people question your motives as a Christian? You can call it "salvation" but what it sounds like is "control".....

edit on 30-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shieldmaiden

Again, just because someone claims to be Christian doesn't mean they are. People use God's name in vain all the time

Thats so true. What follows logically is that all "identifying with being christian" are not in actual fact Christians as there will come time and time again when you disagree with some other Christians view of interpretation.
There is no "true" christian is as logical as there is no false christian.

You do realize "using Gods name in vain" has nothing to do with a persons identification with being christian?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

well if love isn't the answer then this, Christians killed by atheist

Seriously? Those numbers are people both atheist and christians killed by atheists.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Mass killings under Communist regimes

You obviously thought little of the following proviso from the same article otherwise why exclude it?

and, based on that conclusion combine all these deaths under the categories "mass killings", democide, politicide, "classicide", or loosely defined genocide. According to these scholars, the total death toll of the mass killings defined in this way amounts to many tens of millions; however, the validity of this approach is questioned by other scholars. As of 2011, academic consensus has not been achieved on causes of large scale killings by states, including by states governed by communists.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Also people tend to forget that Hitler was Catholic. Some of them were religious.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No one should be put to death, obviously, but...I don't see a problem with a lot less Christians. Less bigotry and more tolerance of people different than ourselves etc. I think the world would be a better place.

From Wikipedia encyclopedia "Bigotry is a state of mind where a person strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc."

Less Christianity would not give more tolerance would it? It would affect the amount of intolerance but not show more tolerance. A bigot shows unfair dislikes of other peoples ideas etc.. Which laws govern the words "unfairly dislikes"? In the realm of theology they can be God's laws but apparently those are not the laws that you are referencing. By which edict governs your belief that Christians unfairly dislike other peoples ideas? Why of course it is the culture in which one lives, is it not? If the culture is God orientated then the laws of God would govern the words "unfairly dislikes" but in this case the culture of America dictates the meaning of "unfairly dislikes" and embraces all the politically correct foulness of human behavior. By your standards we should then tolerate pedophilia, murder, theft, and such like offenses more.

What holds these laws in check today? Is it Christianity or Judaic or perhaps Muslim, Buddhist, or Hindu? Let's imagine that you make Christianity go away. You then have the other religions to contend with. Do you believe for a moment that your tolerance of Islam will keep their ideology from eventually destroying you? If you believe that then you are a fool who will not be here very long. Do you know that Judaism's ideology does include world domination? If you don't believe that then you are another fool who will not survive long. You had best be prepared to erase all religion and then fight your political "unfair dislikes" because there you will find more bigots than you could ever imagine.

Lets assume that you tolerate Islam and Sharia law eventually overwhelms your secular laws of today. Are you still willing to tolerate Sharia law? Make no mistake that if you tolerate Islamic demands then one day you will either serve under those laws or perish. If you refuse to believe this then you are as a blind fool. You just might get your wish one day.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

If Protestants weren't so damn paranoid about "paganism" and weren't so damn polemical, this monster they created called 'science' wouldn't be running amock.

Protestants? Funny that. Even some basic search skills will show you that the Renaissance was birthed in Florence with some help from the Catholics. Read much?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I would disagree. Judaism being the older of the 3 is exclusive and very violent to this day.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: BlueMule

If Protestants weren't so damn paranoid about "paganism" and weren't so damn polemical, this monster they created called 'science' wouldn't be running amock.

Protestants? Funny that. Even some basic search skills will show you that the Renaissance was birthed in Florence with some help from the Catholics. Read much?

I'm not talking about the Renaissance. I'm taking about the Enlightenment.

👣

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I would disagree. Judaism being the older of the 3 is exclusive and very violent to this day.

Not really. Most of that violence is perpetrated by the Israeli Government, not the religion. I see those as separate.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It should be a persons choice, if they choose to follow Jesus, to abstain from whatever they feel He would want them to.

When Jesus was preaching

Thats the problem IMO. Jesus didnt come to make a new religion. He was a prophet proclaiming things as he saw them Paul, the Roman Trojan Horse resurrected the Old Roman Empire into Christianity. What you have today is Roman Rule version 2.

Paul: Rome's version of the Trojan Hors
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Also people tend to forget that Hitler was Catholic

And so what? Hitler saw his country destroyed as a result of the Balfour declaration. He was played by the Rothschilds same as the "free world" in invading countries like Libya and Iraq. Their biggest "crime" was threatening to bring in a non fiat gold based monetary system. Cant have that can we

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah. The point is that some Christians keep claiming that leaders who had Christians persecuted and killed throughout history were atheists.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Not really. Most of that violence is perpetrated by the Israeli Government, not the religion. I see those as separate.

Here we go again. You cant separate one from the other. A quick look at at the Pentateuch will show it for what it is. A theocracy.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join