It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christianophobia,' Anti-Christian Hostility Infects Powerful Elite Subculture

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

During the Communist era in the USSR religion was frowned upon. All religions. That didn't really stop people from believing privately though. Until they can read what's in a person's heart and mind and soul, nothing really will ever be able to shake true faith.

I think China now recognizes a few (maybe five or six?) religions, but the party is still atheist, which may be a fancy way of saying secular. Here's my thing. All religions live within the framework of a secular society inherently designed to accomodate the commonalities, like the Golden Rule you mentioned earlier, and to respect the differences.

As with anything, it's really only the extremists who cause the real issues. And they are so in the minority that it isn't even funny and makes threads like this seem so ridiculous to me. If all you read and focus on are the extremes you really do start to believe everyone is out to get you.
We may disagree on a great many things, but it is in this moment that I applaud you with my all my strength. I wish I could give you all the stars.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

For the record, I don't disagree with you very often at all. And thanks
Stars back.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

For the record, I don't disagree with you very often at all. And thanks
Stars back.
Ah, I was referring to our disagreements in unrelated threads on social unrest of course, I'm sure we find common ground more often than not, however. Thank you for the kind words.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: kaylaluv
If only all Christians would truly follow the teachings of Jesus (love your neighbor, don't judge, help those who need help, etc.). The problem is, so many of them don't. Those who do, have my total support.

This is not about how they act,

Yes, it is everything about how they act. I personally know Christians who genuinely try to follow Christ - they struggle every day, but they try, and I can see it. I also know many "Christians-in-name-only" who have much hate in their heart, zero compassion, and judge pretty much everyone they come across, ESPECIALLY those who don't identify as Christians.

Sadly, what you stated is why I no longer attend a 'church'. It drove me away from Jesus for a long time.

I always had that feeling that I missed something about the true interpretations of what Jesus was saying.

I now have a closeness that I never experienced in a 'religious' setting.

It is sad how man has twisted the meaning of the words of Jesus to fit his own desires.

I get the feeling it wont be long until we all know the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: TzarChasm

humor for the sake of easing an already hostile discussio

humor at the expense of the Christians on the forum, and BTW who are the hostile ones?

Hm, I can't completely plead "unhostile" lol. But I'm going to roll up my britches legs and try to leap out of here before they start talking about the "Crusades"!

lol. Been there, done that, got the teeshirt.

Bless ya GF!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: optimus primal

I'm done.

If only.

Christians have had 2000 years of their way, spreading their death cult by the sword. I feel no sympathy if many of their own flock are coming to see this and abandoning ship. Perhaps the old gods have had enough.

Prime example,

So the persecution of middle-eastern Christians is fine with you?

Never mind, don't tell me, I already know.
It's posters like that who make well-intentioned atheists look bad. I sincerely hope you don't take this person's vitriol as an example to how most atheists act.

Crazies in every group, to me it seems there are more and more in EVERY group as time progresses.

I would have thought that we would have all learned to live together better over time.
Does that just go against human nature? sad

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Too many are embracing hatred and coloring it as self-righteous, self-serving oppostion to anything that stands against their own view of what ethics and morality is.

Well said Beezzer.

I see it more and more in ALL walks of life and I have a deep seeded fear that it is not going to get better.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

TextI always had that feeling that I missed something about the true interpretations of what Jesus was saying.

Me too, that is why I went on a long spiritual quest for truth in search of the original way, however I also walked closely with the holy spirit in church, although I don't attend anymore.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You would think by now we would have learned, but things seem to be deteriorating.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This is more or less why we aren't in a church either. That and being introverts.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
No one should be put to death, obviously, but...I don't see a problem with a lot less Christians. Less bigotry and more tolerance of people different than ourselves etc. I think the world would be a better place.

On the other hand, I have some selfish zany reasons to keep them around...I don't like the thought of us being micro chipped in the future or anything like that, so having many Christians with the fear of the mark of the beast, gives me some valuable allies. The enemy of my enemy is my friend-kind of thing.

edit on 30-1-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

that's so sad

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
No one should be put to death, obviously, but...I don't see a problem with a lot less Christians. Less bigotry and more tolerance of people different than ourselves etc. I think the world would be a better place.

On the other hand, I have some selfish zany reasons to keep them around...I don't like the thought of us being micro chipped in the future or anything like that, so having many Christians with the fear of the mark of the beast, gives me some valuable allies. The enemy of my enemy is my friend-kind of thing.

So a lot less bigotry and more tolerance ... unless we're talking about less bigotry toward Christians and tolerance of their beliefs? At least they aren't still stoning women and chucking people of buildings.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Mass killings under Communist regimes
en.wikipedia.org...
Not all communist societies are atheist. In fact, a large portion of the Russian population is Orthodox Christian. A great many of Japanese and Chinese are Buddhist and Western Christian.

And how many times?

Atheism is not a verb. There is no belief, no doctrine, no dogma.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: amazing

So a lot less bigotry and more tolerance ... unless we're talking about less bigotry toward Christians and tolerance of their beliefs? At least they aren't still stoning women and chucking people of buildings.

But that's goes with a long historical look at religions. Christianity used to be incredibly violent just like Islam. The law of religion is as follows.

The older a religion is, the more peaceful it becomes or else it dies out.

Of the Abrahamic religions Islam is the youngest and still going through the growing pains of it's youth. However, with instant media and more horrific weapons in todays world, I don't think we can allow it to grow old like Christianity and Judaism.

Look

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Some Christians have tried and are still trying to have laws passed criminalizing homosexual behaviors (for example). Some have actually wanted some Old Testament laws passed.

How's that for bigotry and intolerance for others who have different worldviews?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

If Jesus came back today, he'd take one look around, pick up a phone, dial a special number then say "Dad, I wanna go home."

"God's Home Number" by the Mojo Monkees

I feel so fortunate to have your number
It' s like O2 in my lungs
Such a nice, round, lovely number, I love to roll it off my tongue
Such a sensual Kabalah
A numerological lambada
Each digit has a name, it has a face
It has a meaning all alone
I call your number out, it stirs my soul
Your number speaks to me in tones
Your secret number has a music all its own

Full Song Lyrics: www.lyrster.com...

m.youtube.com...

I couldn't resist

edit on 30-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Most of those churches are now Arab-Christian churches, run by Arabs, not typically American missionaries any longer, as they are not traveling to the Middle East in the numbers they have previously.

Thank you for reminding me of that. There are a lot of "homegrown" Christians there. And it illustrates the number one reason we should be hell-bent on keeping our country under secular law, that protects religious freedom, and not allowing a Theocracy. A lot of the politicians on the right are so entrenched in this Christian extremism of the right wing, that it's pretty clear where this country's going if it's allowed to continue.
A good start would be removing the words "In God We Trust" from U.S. money and "Under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance. These were added during the Cold War and are an affront to the U.S. assertion of separation of church and state.

Probably should get any statues or plaques featuring the Ten Commandments out of any courthouses or government buildings while we are at it.

Adding onto this post: Throw in any non-violent crime. Literally EVERY crime that is non-violent can traces its roots back to Christian temperance movements. Drugs, alcohol, prostitution, gambling, etc. The reason that they are illegal is because CHRISTIANS didn't like other people doing those activities.

I tend to agree with you Krazy, Christianity should NOT be legislated. It should be a persons choice, if they choose to follow Jesus, to abstain from whatever they feel He would want them to.

When Jesus was preaching it was always a personal choice to follow or not.
I think a lot of the laws have been twisted to appear that it is Christian based when in fact it is always another way for those in power to gain personally.
Like anti abortion, while I am VERY pro life, I am a realist, abortions will get done regardless of the law. In my opinion it is each persons personal choice what they do. I don't want any of my money going to fund it but far be it from me to tell others what to do.

If more TRUE Christians led by example rather than proclaiming IM A CHRISTIAN, you cant do that!!! The world would a much better place.
Sadly, we have people from all groups telling others what they are doing wrong rather than focusing on themselves.

BTW, I don't know if it is just my outlook that's changed but I have been reading your posts lately and appreciate your viewpoint. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You would think by now we would have learned, but things seem to be deteriorating.

Just as predicted. Days of Noah comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ketsuko

Some Christians have tried and are still trying to have laws passed criminalizing homosexual behaviors (for example). Some have actually wanted some Old Testament laws passed.

How's that for bigotry and intolerance for others who have different worldviews?

IMHO, if they were true Christians they would be leading by example rather than legislation.

Many of those who claim to be doing works as a Christian are not, they are doing it for power, notoriety and self gain.

They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Jesus even asked this because He knew what the days would be like.

Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Many of the things people like to blame Christians for are not even committed by true Christians.

We all can tell who is who given a little time.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join