It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap mogul Suge Knight charged with murder

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight has been arrested on a murder charge in a fatal hit-and-run in Los Angeles.

Sgt. Diane Hecht of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's information office said Knight was arrested at about 3 a.m. and is being held on $2 million bail.

Rap mogul Suge Knight charged with murder

Searched and could not find.

Wow....Suge is in the news again and this time for murder.

Not hard to believe this happened, but REALLY surprised he turned himself in. I guess because it was a friend he killed he felt compelled to turn himself in.

Thug life y'all!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You can take the thug out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the thug.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I know he had a lot of crap surrounding him when Tupac was shot in his car, but I can only guess the amount of people that had it out for him after that just because he was there.

Sounds like he was being assaulted by a few people from the news story and decided to just drive through them, except he drove through his buddies instead.

Sad that when you reach a pinnacle, you continue to live the way you did and don't use what you have made to your advantage and get out of the life.

This guy was on top for a long time.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maybe he'll finally go to jail for all his crimes.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Maybe he'll finally go to jail for all his crimes.

He has been in jail a few times already I believe.....

This one is going to likely put him away for a much longer period of time.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

By that, I meant permanently. I don't think anyone's done so much to keep violence alive in the rap industry as he has.
edit on 1/30/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Celebrities have a long history of getting away with murder.....Pardon the pun.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So which version is true?

Fleeing attackers and hitting his friends by accident in the heat of the moment...

Or mowing down two people and backing up over them 20 minutes after the confrontation...

Strange.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
never heard of him.
But he looks like uncle phil's bad@ss alter-ego.

Music has a bigger influence on people than videogames ever could.
And not only in terms of what you are listening to it, but also to the lifestyle associated with it.
but we can't have that conversation because social justice people will come out of nowhere like gremlins.
Problem is, i'm kinda sure he will find the money for bail, so all this might go nowhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
So which version is true?

Fleeing attackers and hitting his friends by accident in the heat of the moment...

Or mowing down two people and backing up over them 20 minutes after the confrontation...

Strange.

Kinda wondering the same myself. My guess is that someone has a camera video of it, or there will be a surveillance tape that comes out. If the story is true that he followed 2 guys to the restaurant with the intention of running them down then he is in for a world of hurt.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
never heard of him.
But he looks like uncle phil's bad@ss alter-ego.

Music has a bigger influence on people than videogames ever could.
And not only in terms of what you are listening to it, but also to the lifestyle associated with it.
but we can't have that conversation because social justice people will come out of nowhere like gremlins.
Problem is, i'm kinda sure he will find the money for bail, so all this might go nowhere.

He started one of the original, and largest rap labels back in the day.....Death Row Records. He is the reason for Dr. Dre being on the map, and several others like Tupac, Snoop Dogg, etc....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Read a short biographical piece about Suge Knight a couple of years ago...

There was no holding back on his violence...

But in his defence (slightly), a lot of it he was hired to do by high profile Label Owners, or certain cases were defensive action against people who had tried to pull a fast one with either him personally or the people he protected...

There was mention of his charitable work, whether that was a publicity thing in the Hood I can't say, but him and Tupac were well known for it around L.A...

On the other hand they even had records of a criminal nature to highlight the less than defensive or morally just, so I didn't really see any bias for or against him.

Now we have this story which has two completely different narratives...

So I really can't say how this will turn out.

I've always noticed that his media appearance is that of a Bully...

But I've heard contrary from people who don't/didn't get along with him who are not the type who can be bullied...

I recommend the bio...
It's not a short read though.

Sugar Bear!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Saw this late last night. Doesn't really surprise me.

Knight has had repeated confrontations with the law. In 1997, he was sentenced to nine years in prison for violating the terms of his probation in an earlier assault case. He was released in 2001. In 2008, he was arrested in Las Vegas on suspicion of drug possession and aggravated assault and pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanor battery the following year. He is currently awaiting trial alongside comedian Katt Williams on charges of second degree robbery in connection with the theft of a photographer's camera.

He's obviously been in trouble countless times in the past. It was only a matter of time.

"We are confident that once the investigation is completed, he will be totally exonerated," Blatt told the Associated Press by phone late Thursday.

*rolls eyes*

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It's definitely confusing...

Often we hear two conflicting stories...

But damn these two are further than polar opposites... Or the absolute definition of.

If the mow down is true, he's probably looking at life or maybe even, ironically, death row...

If it's the fleeing narrative, it sounds tragic to be honest...

He'll have to live with that forever either way.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
He can afford an OJ Simpson style dream team of lawyers.

He will get off.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

He declared bankruptcy and auctioned off Death Row a while ago. I don't know how much money the guy has now.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

so he definitely has the 2 million he needs for bail :/
Eish man sometimes i feel bail should not even be an option, depending on the crime of course.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'd be surprised if Suge still had enough wealth to part with 2million so easily...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah I think Suge is about as broke as they come right now.....nothing like what he had back when he started. Age catches up with you at some point and you can't be as "hard" as you were in your younger years.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join