It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Law according to Jesus - GIVING to others

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

All of us have experienced times we felt like we were floundering in the dark, reaching up for a God we couldn't even see because we were so surrounded by darkness.. but I promise you HE is there, just keep reaching for HIM and never give up. Someday, you will see HIS face.

I will pray for you..
edit on 1-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Yes and I know who is speaking through you.

Here is what he said from the bible

"And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11"Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy." 12"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done"

Those who are mine shall come unto me.

I do believe in christ and He is God as man and the Son of God, his face is the face of the Father but I do not know if I personally am lost as I have fallen into very great darkness within myself, not of myself but there also it has found it's way to corrupt and cause pain, all that is of the earth harm's and every desire if fullfilled leaves us empty and feeling hopeless yet we have to live in it and from the moment of our birth we are dying here, we look up to god and yearn for escape from the predator's and evil's of this world and sometime's from ourselves' and even from the stranger in our own heart's that we have become and no longer know.

But with God there is mercy, blessed are the merciful for they shall be shown mercy.

Oh dear brother, just because you have fallen into despair does not mean you are lost.

It just means that you are going through a temporary thing, that's all.

Hugs for you.

Call on God as your defense. He will come and defend you. I know that it seems hard at times, but that is His promise, that if we ask of Him, He will.

Just pray, God, deliver me from what is causing me harm now. He will deliver you from it. That's His promise, trust in that.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I believe what WarminIndy is getting at is the fact that, while true Christians and followers of the Christ are to act charitably and forgiving of others Jesus didn't come to abolish the worldly secular government.

This is why HIS Kingdom is not of this world, nor can it be so long as there are both the non-religious mixed together with the religious. God himself sets up kings and takes down kingdoms.. there is a need for earthy laws as well - if there wasn't, Jesus would have never said give to Caesar that which is Caesar's.

During times when you have both religious and secular intermingled together in a society, then society must look out for itself in the interest of the continuation of life. We as Christians can forgive the one who murdered a friend, and even pray that God forgives him as well, but in the interest of keeping society safe, we cannot simply allow the murderer to go free because chances are he will kill another - if we did let the murderer to murder another, it would not be love it would be hatred. Do unto others, would you want someone to allow a man free to go and rape your wife, for example? No.. that is hatred, not love.

The woman who gets beaten by a man, doesn't do it out of love, she does it out of hatred for herself. Take that from someone who knows.. it is hatred of self which allows it, not love. Yet love, at the same time, can set one free, love of children, so much love one realizes that she must leave for their sake - if not, they will never understand what love is, nor what strength really is.

Secular laws are for the good of society, God's laws, are for HIS own - and HIS own, are much fewer than many realize.
edit on 1-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: arpgme

I believe what WarminIndy is getting at is the fact that, while true Christians and followers of the Christ are to act charitably and forgiving of others Jesus didn't come to abolish the worldly secular government.

This is why HIS Kingdom is not of this world, nor can it be so long as there are both the non-religious mixed together with the religious. God himself sets up kings and takes down kingdoms.. there is a need for earthy laws as well - if there wasn't, Jesus would have never said give to Caesar that which is Caesar's.

During times when you have both religious and secular intermingled together in a society, then society must look out for itself in the interest of the continuation of life. We as Christians can forgive the one who murdered a friend, and even pray that God forgives him as well, but in the interest of keeping society safe, we cannot simply allow the murderer to go free because chances are he will kill another - if we did let the murderer to murder another, it would not be love it would be hatred. Do unto others, would you want someone to allow a man free to go and rape your wife, for example? No.. that is hatred, not love.

The woman who gets beaten by a man, doesn't do it out of love, she does it out of hatred for herself. Take that from someone who knows.. it is hatred of self which allows it, not love. Yet love, at the same time, can set one free, love of children, so much love one realizes that she must leave for their sake - if not, they will never understand what love is, nor what strength really is.

Secular laws are for the good of society, God's laws, are for HIS own.

I was fortunate that my husband was never like that.

But I saw it my entire life, my mother came from that generation that told her that it was acceptable to be treated like a slave and say nothing about it. Then as I grew older saw it happen to more young women but somehow that older generation saying that if she loves him, she will stick it out and forgive him.

That's the shame of the doctrine of "love" but as the Bible says that love covers a multitude of sins, pure love casts out all fear.

It is that pure love that we need to preach and if any person walks around in fear that if they don't do enough of this, or they have done something not so bad, but to live in fear because of that, it isn't pure love.

Pure love casts out all fear. THAT's what is lacking in the messages from most people.

That's why I am so quick to respond, because $100 today and a bag of french fries, or giving someone your coat today does not remove from them the fear of tomorrow. Pure love casts out that fear.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

But that teaching which you called "fake love" is here:

" And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also." - Luke 6:29 

"38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." - Matthew 5:38-40 

He should be prayed for and blessed and she should forgive, but not that anyone should encourage that unkind behavior of hurting others. She can leave and be safe from that abuse while still have a loving heart instead of revengful and unforgiving holding a grudge.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

But that teaching which you called "fake love" is here:

" And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also." - Luke 6:29 

"38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." - Matthew 5:38-40 

He should be prayed for and blessed and she should forgive, but not that anyone should encourage that unkind behavior of hurting others. She can leave and be safe from that abuse while still have a loving heart instead of revengful and unforgiving holding a grudge.

Yes, she can and should forgive, but not while in that situation.

But tell me, how will she forgive him if she's dead?

I just reread this...did you say he should be BLESSED while he is like that? Pray for him indeed, but to bless him while he is like that?

Let's call it love to expect the woman to forgive the man, and then bless him while he is doing that? THAT is not love, THAT is excuse and justification to allow him to continue on in doing that and perhaps one day do it to someone else...but hey, let's prove our Christianity by blessing him...nope.

Brother, you need to bless him with a jail sentence.
edit on 2/1/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

He did say this sister:

She can leave and be safe from that abuse while still have a loving heart instead of revengful and unforgiving holding a grudge.

I think he is just trying to say that forgiveness is best, but it doesn't have to be done while inside of the situation.. I did forgive my ex.. it is actually necessary to do so.. but it is not necessary to stay.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes, I believe in " turn the other cheek". I believe in taking the hit and forgiving and walking away rather than fueling the anger and violence.

Yes, I believe in "bless those who curse you; and it's not about proving anything. It's about praying that the aggressive angry person finds peace in his life so he can change and be a more patient and kind person.

Yea, This is exactly what I'm trying to say OpinionatedB. Don't fuel the violence, walk away and forgive so you won't have that grudge/stress with you and pray the person who hurt you find peace and become more patient and kind so they won't be stuck in that same aggressive pattern.
edit on 1-2-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

He did say this sister:

She can leave and be safe from that abuse while still have a loving heart instead of revengful and unforgiving holding a grudge.

I think he is just trying to say that forgiveness is best, but it doesn't have to be done while inside of the situation.. I did forgive my ex.. it is actually necessary to do so.. but it is not necessary to stay.

True, she should forgive, that is the best thing.

But it is the rest of us who have a responsibility toward her as well. That's the point I am trying to make, if we have certain church people saying to just be patient and kind toward him, while it is going on, that doesn't help her.

I think that we have to choose whom we are more responsible toward. Some Christian churches still preach that message that love is subservient to the point of abuse. That's a very irresponsible attitude.

I would say though, that I would never hit arpgme, so arpgme would have no fear of that. I think though, we are called to defend others, maybe not ourselves and certainly not for revenge, because vengeance belongs to God. But putting someone in jail is not revenge, it is necessary.

Well, maybe for some people, putting someone in jail is a revenge.

The point is, Christianity doesn't need to be giving mixed messages and a warped sense of what love really is. Sure, we have plenty of charitable organizations, but what about the real responsibilities that we need to take toward our neighbors?

It's easy to give money one time because it makes us feel happy, but what about the long haul with someone? Their need doesn't end with your wallet. Mercy, grace, compassion, all parts of love, but so are sympathy and empathy. And so is responsibility.

Let's make bread for the hungry, but we have to do it until they aren't hungry any more.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Here is probably the original story that may have inspired Camouflage, or it could be simple coincidence.

Young soldier who was saved by an angel who called himself Michael and who he at first thought was a huge marine.
www.veteranstoday.com...

Thank's for your word's folk's, it is the kid's who matter now and god know's there are enough living in squalor and poverty in this terrible world.
God bless you all and your family's and may he keep you all safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join