It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Law according to Jesus - GIVING to others

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: WarminIndy

I have altered it a slightly since then Warmindy but regardless anyway they are a bunck of hypocritical old money school tie's and I firmly believe in a meritocracy but think it need's to run in line with true christian moral code and ethical law's.

And anyway as a christian there is only one king is there not.

George Fox said that as the Quaker women were being beaten for preaching.

There is only one God and King of the Universe.

Blessed are You, Adonai our God, King of the Universe, rock of all eternities, righteous in all generations, the faithful God, who says and does, who speaks and fulfills, all of whose words are true. Faithful are you, LORD our God, and faithful are your words. Not one of your words turns back unfulfilled, for You, O God, are a faithful and compassionate King. Blessed are You, LORD, the God who is faithful in all His words.

I'm also part Jewish and do have the Jewish understanding. God sets up kingdoms and God takes down kingdoms, blessed be the name of the Lord.

There might not be a world standing when Prince George is old enough to rule. But in my eyes, he's just a baby. If he rules, it will be because God allowed it, but if God chooses to remove the monarchy, then that is God's choice. As an American, I have no obligation to perceive him as nothing more than just a baby.

God is still in control.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes on my mother's mother's side going back, we think my mother's, mother's, mother but it was hidden in the family, so we are from Jew as well, my mothers mother would not celibrate christmas and would only ever have a jewish doctor as well, I have maori from my father's mother's line so I am technically a mongrol but then that makes for healthier stronger gene's.

I like the royal family though ethically and religiously I can never swear an oath to them as monarch since christ is my king and he said you can only serve one master, the whole concept of rule by divine right was a deliberate fabrication from the time of constantine anyway to keep the empire whole as he used the religion as the state religion.

I respect the Quakers' and believe they were good people, there persecution is a stain on British history but without it the modern America may have looked very different.

As a child I once found a small silver buckle that came out of the soil in the garden of the house were we lived, it was black with age and the fastening's had long gone but other than that is was shaped like a rounded oblong with two lines in the centre of each of the sides forming the point's of the cross and a right hand reaching into the middle clenched into a fist holding a sheath of wheat, I have often wondered if that was an old Quaker buckle and if so the very house I lived may long before have been the site of a quacker home.
edit on 31-1-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This scriptures has been extrapolated to mean something different.

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?f you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?Therefore all things whatever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them:”

That was the end of that thought The translators editing this to fit their religious agenda ...here is Yahoshuas new thought.

For this is the law and the prophets.You enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the road, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it”.

The religious precept of these scripture sare very typical of how the words of Yahoshua are twisted.The meaning of the law and the prophets have NOTHING to do with dualistic right and wrong good and evil the Israelites and Jews then the Christians twisted them into.THE law is the way things ARE…not ordinance decrees of behavior. Yahoshua is stating to the disciples(not teaching a method of religion) YOU will enter the strait gate… why …because the broad road(religion of belief) leads to destruction at the the wide gate.

He was stating a persons religion will be destroyed at the wide gate(where everyone's belief is destroyed).The disciples where on the wide road of their religion however Yahoshua said the disciples would then enter in the narrow gate which leads to LIFE(knowing) and only a few(the disciples) will find it.In other words everyone will be on the wide road first then enter the narrow road and narrow gate just as the disciples did first as the first fruits.He was telling his disciples only…..this is the way things ARE and work it is the Law just as there is a law of gravity.He was not talking to Christians at all because they are on the wide road of religion …even though he spoke to the disciples of what would become Christians…

Beware of false Prophets who come to you in lambs' clothing, but from within they are plundering wolves. But by their fruit you will know them. Do they gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles?So every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit.A good tree is not able to produce bad fruit, neither a bad tree to produce good fruit.Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and falls into the fire.Therefore by their fruit you will know them."

Yahoshua knew that the disciples would encounter these antichrists(which means in place of the anointing) John eventually wrote of.The fact is Yahoshua nor the disciples did not start the religion Christianity… Christians did and very early on.There was a very good reason there were so few that knew Yahoshua.Only those that experienced Yahoshua up close could understand because it was given to only them to know the kingdom of their heaven(their mind).Yahoshua told them this in the postamble to the parable of the seed and soils.The disciples didn’t even understand the truth he said until later and it was progressive process.Peter was still clueless for a while.

"It is not everyone that says to me, 'My Lord, my Lord'', who enters the kingdom of[their]heavens, but whoever does the will of my Father who is in their heavens.Many will say to me in that day, 'My Lord, my Lord, have we not prophesied in your name, and in your name have cast out demons, and have done many mighty works in your name?' And then I will say to them, 'I have never known you, you remove yourselves far from me, you workers of evil."

Yahoshua is saying what these people will be like.False prophets masquerading as sheep.A prophet is simply someone who has heard the creator God and “speaks” what they heard.The vast majority of these “prophets” are false and do not know nor heard the creator God at all because they are deceived by their religion and look to outward signs of their religions law decrees.Yahoshua never made decrees of law.Yahoshua says those that do have built their house(their life) on a poor foundation of sand (religious decrees of law).

Everyone therefore who hears these my words, and does them, will be likened to the wise man who built his house on solid rock.And the rain descended and the floods came and the wind blew, and they rushed against the house and it did not fall, for its foundation was laid on solid rock. And everyone who hears these my words, but does not practice them, will be likened to the foolish man who built his house on sand. And the rain descended and the floods came, and the wind blew, and they rushed against that house, and it fell, and its fall was great."

Religion is not the solid rock foundation to know the creator God because religion cannot reveal anything but the law decrees of religion.The law and prophets is to hear and to know the creator God.Following laws of morals and ethics will not reveal the creator God.The only real morals and ethics are known not followed.Anyone that has to be told by a law of decree how to “act” righteously is only acting.Religion is all an act of self righteousness.However fortunately that is one of religions serendipitous beneficial functions when those that do not do which against their nature (to be moral and ethical) are compelled to act by the decree of law .

The fact is the discourse of what is called the sermon on the mount (starting at Matthew5 and ending at Matthew 7) is only to Yahoshuas disciples.It is clearly stated he went into the mountains to escape the throng of crowds that followed him because they wanted miracles and food.

“And great crowds went after him from Galilee and from the Ten Cities and from Jerusalem and from Judaea and from the other side of the Jordan.But when Yahoshua saw the crowds, he went up into a mountain and when he sat down “his disciples came near to him” and he opened his mouth and he was teaching “them” and he said….”

The context of what he said is clearly stated to the disciples only because it was something only they could experience.Thank God out of the religious agenda of the religion of Christianity the creator God used it for their own purposes.The religious mind gravitates towards methods and decrees of law because it cannot know truth.To know truth is a state of being that is not compelled by laws of decree.It does not need to be told to be good or help those in need it is the nature of that state of being to only do and be what is Law. .. to do be, do be do…that is the question.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yes on my mother's mother's side going back, we think my mother's, mother's, mother but it was hidden in the family, so we are from Jew as well, my mothers mother would not celibrate christmas and would only ever have a jewish doctor as well, I have maori from my father's mother's line so I am technically a mongrol but then that makes for healthier stronger gene's.

I like the royal family though ethically and religiously I can never swear an oath to them as monarch since christ is my king and he said you can only serve one master, the whole concept of rule by divine right was a deliberate fabrication from the time of constantine anyway to keep the empire whole as he used the religion as the state religion.

I respect the Quakers' and believe they were good people, there persecution is a stain on British history but without it the modern America may have looked very different.

As a child I once found a small silver buckle that came out of the soil in the garden of the house were we lived, it was black with age and the fastening's had long gone but other than that is was shaped like a rounded oblong with two lines in the centre of each of the sides forming the point's of the cross and a right hand reaching into the middle clenched into a fist holding a sheath of wheat, I have often wondered if that was an old Quaker buckle and if so the very house I lived may long before have been the site of a quacker home.

Wow, I don't know about that.

Two lines that make a cross or just two lines? A hand holding a sheaf of wheat? Do you still have that?

I am not sure Quakers then would have had belt buckles like that because it does sound to me like it is a family crest.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
This scriptures has been extrapolated to mean something different.

The context of what he said is clearly stated to the disciples only because it was something only they could experience.Thank God out of the religious agenda of the religion of Christianity the creator God used it for their own purposes.The religious mind gravitates towards methods and decrees of law because it cannot know truth.To know truth is a state of being that is not compelled by laws of decree.It does not need to be told to be good or help those in need it is the nature of that state of being to only do and be what is Law. .. to do be, do be do…that is the question.

And it remains...kadosh. Holiness unto the Lord. Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord.

That's a sad thing when Jesus has to say to those people, I never knew you. No one can do enough good works to qualify, no one can love enough to qualify. Besides, no man has loved his brother enough to lay down his life for him, except the Lord.

He not only laid His life down, but He took it back up again. Acts 1 says "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye here gazing, this SAME Jesus you see going away will return in like manner".

Those clouds ain't brought Him back yet, so right now, we only know Him by the Holy Spirit. And if that same Spirit which raised Christ from the dead be also in you, will one day quicken your mortal bodies.

I hear it all the time from these people about love, because to them love is merely an action that can have no emotion behind, but greater love hath no man than he lay down his life for his brother.

People can give and give and give all they want, but if they can't lay their lives down, then it isn't really love, it is just empty actions. If you lay your life down, you better be able to take it back up again.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Very sadly no it was stolen in a burglary along with an old hand bag my mother kept it in when I was a child just a few year's later, in shape it was a buckle shaped oblong rounded at the corner's and hollow like a buckle in the middle, at the four side's and I am guessing as I can see the object in my mind but a child's perspective would make it seem larger than it was to my mind now, still I would guess about a perhaps centremeter apart were two raised line's at the centre of each of the sides forming raised rill's that could be interpreted as the four point's of the cross, a right hand as you looked at it came our of the left side facing you and into the centre of the oblong forming a clenched fist and in the hand was a sheaf of wheat the grain's above the hand and the stalk's below.

It was black but when my mother polished it the buckle if that is what it was shone a dull grey but unmistakable silver, now I am guessing here but I Would say it would probably have been about 2 and a half to three inch the long side and about one and a half to two inche the short side rounded at the corners and the the enclosure formed by the four side's was about a little over a centremeter across and maybe a few millimeters to a third of a centremeter thick/deep, despite it's small size I remember it being heavy.

As for the Quaker, well I live in lancashire and as you know they had a presence here but so too did many others but for some reason with no real source I just assumed maybe as a child and that stook so you are probably correct and it could have been a family crest, there has also been english civil war and war of the roses battles in the same area.
edit on 1-2-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Very sadly no it was stolen in a burglary along with an old hand bag my mother kept it in when I was a child just a few year's later, in shape it was a buckle shaped oblong rounded at the corner's and hollow like a buckle in the middle, at the four side's and I am guessing as I can see the object in my mind but a child's perspective would make it seem larger than it was to my mind now, still I would guess about a perhaps centremeter apart were two raised line's at the centre of each of the sides forming raised rill's that could be interpreted as the four point's of the cross, a right hand as you looked at it came our of the left side facing you and into the centre of the oblong forming a clenched fist and in the hand was a sheaf of wheat the grain's above the hand and the stalk's below.

It was black but when my mother polished it the buckle if that is what it was shone a dull grey but unmistakable silver, now I am guessing here but I Would say it would probably have been about 2 and a half to three inch the long side and about one and a half to two inche the short side rounded at the corners and the the enclosure formed by the four side's was about a little over a centremeter across and maybe a few millimeters to a third of a centremeter thick/deep, despite it's small size I remember it being heavy.

As for the Quaker, well I live in lancashire and as you know they had a presence here but so too did many others but for some reason with no real source I just assumed maybe as a child and that stook so you are probably correct and it could have been a family crest, there has also been english civil war and war of the roses battles in the same area.

Oh how terrible that someone would steal such an important part of history.

Yes, the House of York, the House of Lancashire and the whole English Civil War, bloody history in England. I am not surprised that England has so many haunted places. It is a tiny country compared to the United States, but such a long and bloody history. So much bloodshed on that island.

My cousins live in Doncaster. One time I tried to call my cousin and dialed the wrong number and an elderly lady answered and I was not prepared for her very proper Yorkshire accent. She said and sounded like to me "hellewww" and I was like "hello?" and after a few minutes of this, I said "I think I have the wrong number" and she said "Yes, I think you dewwww". Funny to me, but you are probably used to the accent. I, however, am not. This elderly lady probably had the most excitement for a month from a strange American with no accent to randomly call her number by mistake.

And my cousin and I one time discussed the eating squirrels, as Southern people here still do eat them and she said, in her Yorkshire accent "You cawn't eat, squeeerlls, they are rowdents"...lol. That's what it sounded like to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Love is patient. Love is kind. To die while saving another's life is the greatest form of selfless love (agape) but that doesn't mean that any other action is empty.

The key word is: Great

Yes, self-sacrifice to protect others may be the greatest love but being patient and kind and giving to others is also love

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Love is patient. Love is kind. To die while saving another's life is the greatest form of selfless love (agape) but that doesn't mean that any other action is empty.

The key word is: Great

Yes, self-sacrifice to protect others may be the greatest love but being patient and kind and giving to others is also love

But can you take your life up again?

Please, don't limit it so a fuzzy feeling that if you give you are loving, that's not all there is to it. Sometimes love has to be tough. Sometimes love has to discipline. Sometimes love has to reject.

Are you saying it is love for the girl being beaten to just be patient? She loves that man, is her kindness changing the fact he beats her?

Have you just said she needs to be patient through the beatings?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

A person should pray for those who persecute/hurt them, that they soften their heart to be merciful and love instead of continuing to hurt others.
I didn't see anything about "picking your life up again" in that greater love verse.

If you don't want to bear your cross; love your enemies, do good to those that hurt you, and turn the other cheek that is your choice. You can worship who you choose but I choose my God , The Spirit of Life who is Love itself,, following His Holy Spirit of Love.

I choose not to worship the adversary who is out to spread hatred, strife, as the destroyer he truly is.
edit on 1-2-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I didn't see anything about "picking your life up again" in that greater love verse.

If you don't want to bear your cross; love your enemies, do good to those that hurt you, and turn the other cheek that is your choice. You can worship who you choose but I choose my God , The Spirit of Life who is Love itself,, following His Holy Spirit of Love.

I choose not to worship the adversary who is out to spread hatred, strife, as the destroyer he truly is.

Can you please answer the question, is it love to expect a girl being beaten by the man she loves to turn the other cheek, be kind to him and have patience while he is beating her?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

She should pray for those who hurt her and persecute her.

Love is not expecting her to be beaten but to treat her with kindness

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Even so I think the US has some of the most mysterious places, I also think human history there goes back far beyond current estimate's and there are some genuinely terrifying haunting's in the US.

The british isle's though have seen plenty of war time atrocity's, one excavation found a mass buriel were from the hundred's of soldiers buried there by looking at there skull's it was shown that they had been murdered after surrendering, all had a small diamons shaped hole in there skull made by the spike of a war hammer.

Though that war was only one of many these were countrymen and of the same faith arguing over which duke had right to the throne, the Yorkists who lost were the rightful historical claiment's but the lancastrian's won with the tudor's taking the throne, then there was the hundred year's war between england and france that saw army's of both kingdom's fighine on one another's soil, before that the norman conquest and it's terrible cruelty and of course more recently the parliamentarians in the english civil war whom ousted the stuart king's only then to fall to political infighting among themselves and to instate William of Orange as a puppet king, Add to this the war's between England, Wales and Scotland and this is a bloody island indeed but despite it's westerly nature it has also played a major role in long term european history, it was once the major source for most Tin in the bronze age used to make Bronze with cornwall having some of the oldest tin mine's in the world.

But by far the bloodiest civil war in the past five hundred year's had to be the American civil war but a lot of those lad's were not born there so did they linger as there children would or did there soul's go home, I have heard of a few haunted battle field's there as well,

www.hauntedamericatours.com...
www.hauntedisland.co.uk...

Perhaps it is the strong emotion or the simply injustice of men who have never met having to kill one another over matter's they barely comprehend but war seem's to leave it's fair share of ghosts and we can only hope they are not the actualy soul's of our brother's but simply an echoe, tale's of such places go back to before thet time of the roman's, one story from a roman general pre BC was during training on the italian plane he noted how they could see formations of soldiers in the sky arrayed in battle, now the area is geologically active around the mediterranean as the sea is depressing the crust and the land is therefore sinking, maybe they were ghosts he saw of an earlier and forgotten epoch.

Before the first world war hundreds of people saw a collumne of men in the sky led by a man on a horse with a burning sword heading east, There is the famous but unprovable story of the ghosts of the battle of the monze, those who try to disprove this one have the advantage that any eyewhitness is long dead so they can say what they want but was it real or just propeganda as they suggest and in there favour the german's themselves had used the magic lantern to project image's of the holy family over the russian trenches to scare the religious orthodox russian's into thinking the germans had god on there side.
www.spookystuff.co.uk...

There are simply so many but of course there are many personal account's of soldiers who had angelic or ghostly encounters in all theatres and all time's but with modern media more are now recorded and remembered, of course it even inspired a song about it.

This may be fictionaly but I believe it was probably inspired by a true story and it is one of the greatest song's of all time, at least as far as I am concerned.
Camouflage by Stan Ridgeway.

Of course it is a sad song but it has a very powerful point.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

She should pray for those who hurt her and persecute her.

Love is not expecting her to be beaten but to treat her with kindness

Is she showing real love by allowing him to beat her? Is that really love that she is giving him?

Real love says to her, let me get you out of this situation, but she loves the man, so is the message in all of this to take it all because she loves him?

Real love is removing her from the situation and punishing him for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

A person should pray for those who persecute/hurt them, that they soften their heart to be merciful and love instead of continuing to hurt others.

What you say is correct and hatred rot's in us making us bitter but it is not easy to forgive sometime's as we psychologically feel like we are lowering our defences when we do, christ tought what you say and though it is correct we have to fight ourselves often to do so.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There is something many people miss about being rich and/or poor. If you don't mind, I would like to try and speak on that somewhat, in response to your posts.

When God allows someone who sins to remain in their sin:

"And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper" Romans 1:28

He is giving them what they want and this life and all the things people see as treasures in it is what they want. They aren't going to heaven, they aren't getting anything else but what they get IN this world.

But Christians are told to store up our treasures in heaven:

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:20

And we are also told we, like Jesus, are not of this world:

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of it." John 17:16

The things in this world for the Christian are meaningless - money, gold, fame, position, things, those are all worldly things, we who are Christian, have overcome the world and the desire for them.

"He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Revelation 3:18

It is the world and all its treasures which the Christian is to overcome, and reign victorious over, just as Jesus was tempted, so are we. And just as Jesus prevailed, so should the christian. All that the Christian has, or desires as a Christian is heavenly; the world is extrinsical, both to our being and our happiness; it is a stranger to the Christian and intermeddles not with either our joy or our grief.

Heap riches and honors of the world upon a Christian and they will not make him either happy or sad. But take them all away - let every bird have his feather - when stripped of this world he will still be a Christian, and may be, an even better Christian.

Do not deny the world to the ones who this will be all they have, and learn what your feathers are as a Christian. Find your treasures which are not of this world.. and no one will ever be able to take away your joy no matter what they do to you.

edit on 1-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So this isn't real love?

"
And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also." - Luke 6:29

"

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." - Matthew 5:38-40

She should forgive, pray for his blessing, not hold a grudge and do what she can to keep lovingkindness in her heart, and not get revenge but let it go and move on in life.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: LABTECH767

There is something many people miss about being rich and/or poor. If you don't mind, I would like to try and speak on that somewhat, in response to your posts.

When God allows someone who sins to remain in their sin:

"And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper" Romans 1:28

He is giving them what they want and this life and all the things people see as treasures in it is what they want. They aren't going to heaven, they aren't getting anything else but what they get IN this world.

But Christians are told to store up our treasures in heaven:

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:20

And we are also told we, like Jesus, are not of this world:

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of it." John 17:16

The things in this world for the Christian are meaningless - money, gold, fame, position, things, those are all worldly things, we who are Christian, have overcome the world and the desire for them.

"He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Revelation 3:18

It is the world and all its treasures which the Christian is to overcome, and reign victorious over, just as Jesus was tempted, so are we. And just as Jesus prevailed, so should the christian. All that the Christian has, or desires as a Christian is heavenly; the world is extrinsical, both to our being and our happiness; it is a stranger to the Christian and intermeddles not with either our joy or our grief.

Heap riches and honors of the world upon a Christian and they will not make him happy. But take them all away - let every bird have his feather - when stripped of this world he will still be a Christian, and may be, an even better Christian.

Do not deny the world to the ones who this will be all they have, and learn what your feathers are as a Christian. Find your treasures which are not of this world.. and no one will ever be able to take away your joy no matter what they do to you.

Agreed.

This life and all that is in it, we can be blessed in it, but the greater blessing is in what is in that world to come.

Wealth does not make people truly happy, even the most wealthiest people have had great psychological distress. But even the poorest have found a reason to go on.

Even the old slave spirituals, they were always singing of a hope in a better life.

While we see around us those who have it worse and they are starving, do we help them one time? It may be good for a day, but the situations people have been in when they have come to me, I have taken them in and made sure they were warm and had food, but I also helped them to get a job and their own home.

That is not me bragging or boasting, it is required of me as a Christian to do so. But God has allowed me to be blessed through my disability, because I was faithful to God when it came to others.

That's why I have difficulty with this concept of this "love as the law of Christ". I know what the law of Christ is, it's just that it seems to me that people are simply saying that is all that is required of us, to give. You can only give so much and giving becomes an idol.

That's why I think people should really go all the way with their charity, take that homeless person off the street, feed them and then help them find their way again. That's really what charity is about, helping people get back on the path again. To pass them by and toss them $100 one time, well, good for that moment, but what about tomorrow?

Maybe people think WarminIndy doesn't understand the way the world works, but WarminIndy will be rewarded one day, right now WarminIndy thanks God for remembering her today.

OpinionatedB,

The story of Mephibosheth coming out of Lodebar, that's for you. The king (Jesus) remembered his vow (His death saves) to take care of his friend's son (us) and invited the son (us) to come out of Lodebar (the place of poverty) into the king's palace (heaven) and live there forever.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So this isn't real love?

"
And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also." - Luke 6:29

"

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." - Matthew 5:38-40

She should forgive, pray for his blessing, not hold a grudge and do what she can to keep lovingkindness in her heart, and not get revenge but let it go and move on in life.

Lord have mercy Jesus, please.

Sorry, that was my actual prayer and not being sarcastic.

I said WE punish him by the law, AFTER removing her from that situation.

What if he kills her? What have we just done? You just told her to be patient and kind while he beats her to death. THAT is going to be against US because WE had the power in our hands to stop it.

Her blood is going to be on our hands if we say that she should just be kind and patient because love is kind and patient. Sometimes you MUST do things that don't seem to be very loving, because it really IS love to stop certain things.

I am sorry, but as a very long time Christian, that is exactly the false idea of love that young women have been taught and men have been encouraged in, that has to stop.

If I hit you, then you turn the other cheek...but you see a sister, a mother, a wife, a friend...and to tell her that it is more loving to be patient and kind, that's the most false kind of love there is.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Yes and I know who is speaking through you.

Here is what he said from the bible

"And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11"Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy." 12"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done"

Those who are mine shall come unto me.

I do believe in christ and He is God as man and the Son of God, his face is the face of the Father but I do not know if I personally am lost as I have fallen into very great darkness within myself, not of myself but there also it has found it's way to corrupt and cause pain, all that is of the earth harm's and every desire if fullfilled leaves us empty and feeling hopeless yet we have to live in it and from the moment of our birth we are dying here, we look up to god and yearn for escape from the predator's and evil's of this world and sometime's from ourselves' and even from the stranger in our own heart's that we have become and no longer know.

But with God there is mercy, blessed are the merciful for they shall be shown mercy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join