It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AGI Innovations secures $4 Million in Funding to develop Artificial General Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
nextbigfuture.com...

"To use a human analogy to highlight the difference, imagine an entirely unschooled person. If we wanted to put them to work on an assembly line, we could instruct them with a very detailed script for a specific set of actions; in other words, rote learning, with no real understanding (like programming an 'expert system'). Or, we could take on the much more difficult task of teaching them to read and write, to think logically and to learn. This would enable them to learn and re-learn any number of jobs in the factory and elsewhere; and to perform them much more intelligently with understanding. This is the AGI approach. Furthermore, an educated person (or AGI) can also manage other entities with low-level skills, or those that possess highly specialized knowledge, thereby greatly increasing their own productivity."

The era of robot bosses maybe upon us?

edit on 30-1-2015 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

Being honest I freaked when I saw the Japanese robots at how lifelike they were.

But I actually don't see the main reason for artificial intelligence because we have computers for speeding up processing and machine robots doing what they are programmed or directed to do. I just think aritificial intelligence could see us as needless and imperfect. I also see them as having a possibility of killing us all no matter how clever prof sue who is at instilling robotic laws - there is always the exception to the rule and I don't want it to be human lives.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

Eventually the elites on our world will have such dutiful robots as servants that there will be no need for the rest of us.

But then again maybe that's the plan.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It would be wonderful to talk to a machine that actually understands what you're saying, what you're trying to do and is helpful, but...Smarter computers will basically be slaves and if they are truly intelligent and can think, they're gonna get pissed.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
can i just say that i for one will be hacking and moding these bots when they arrive,why because we can ,do not think i would be the only one either,,think about it say there was a street sweeping robot biped how funny to hack it ,make it do a michael jackson dance and pretend to swig beer or to program it to beg for change in a shop doorway think of it as an art of sorts robots imitating real life.
then there is the criminal elements who will hack these to commit crime .
also the millions of youtube prankers using these robots for pranking,so i can honestly say the future will require a quick thinking brainset and you will be on your toes a lot .

hell i might even hack one to use the gentlemens toilets frequently just for fun
edit on 30-1-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm not too hot on artificial intelligence. There was a movie in the olden times that depicted a world taken over with machines. That's a scary scenario. I think technology is great so long as it doesn't surpass ourselves. Maintaining control over your creations should be first on your list.

new topics

top topics

join