It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commissioner Bratton Unveils Plans For New High-Tech Anti-Terror Police Unit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

NDAA took care of Posse Comitatus already. Martial Law worked in the past. I refuse to bend over. Get this out of my country. NOW

Do you actually know what you are talking about???

Posse Comitatus is in effect right now.

If you were to abandon civil counter-terrorism units and rely on the National Guard (who don't actually have a unit with the full range of CT capabilities) Posse Comitatus would have to be suspended, thus creating true martial law.

Your argument and points of view have no logic to them.

Dude, enjoy your slavery. Get off my junk.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Dude, what slavery!

Its really quite clear you do not understand what you are talking about.

If when i asked you "what do you think New York should be using for counter-terrorism other than this new unit?" you had said something along the lines of "well we already have FBI HRT why do we need this as well". I would have thought fair enough.

But by suggesting that a deployment of the national guard would be better clearly demonstrates you do not know what you are talking about.

Its laughable.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's a moot point. Like the other guy just said. If you m militarize the police you made it so. But here's some reading. Read up on the NDAA also. I'll provide some links.

Posse Comitatus

Repeals the Posse Comitatus Act

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
It's a moot point. Like the other guy just said. If you m militarize the police you made it so. But here's some reading. Read up on the NDAA also. I'll provide some links.

Posse Comitatus

No, you are not living under martial law, yes you have a civil law enforcement establishment that is well armed but that is not the same thing and I will remind you that posse comitatus is still in effect

What you are saying again, is that you would welcome suspending the posse comitatus act during a terrorist attack rather than having a law enforcement establishment.

Your effetely arguing against yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Posse Comitatus

No, you are not living under martial law, yes you have a civil law enforcement establishment that is well armed but that is not the same thing and I will remind you that posse comitatus is still in effect

What you are saying again, is that you would welcome suspending the posse comitatus act during a terrorist attack rather than having a law enforcement establishment.

Your effetely arguing against yourself.

Yes, because the National Guard wouldn't be on MY streets daily. You do understand that, right? I don't want a 21st century SS unit policing the streets. Call me crazy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It's not hard. It's not black and white. It had been used in the past. Check out the riots in Detroit in 67.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Keep in mind that counter terrorism is but one stated role of this new unit. They are also being said to be used for protests and/or disorder control. Perhaps they simply mean the role the National Guard played in Ferguson. Or maybe they intend to march this unit out for any and all forms of civil disobedience.

Either way it's a frightening development in the continued debate over militarized police forces. After all, there is still no clear definition for exactly who is considered a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Now all we need is for the dollar to crash. Then the perfect storm will be upon us. 2016 might usher in the next Hitler.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yay! Lets create special police commando units to keep us safe from terrorists!

Even though I'm more likely to be struck by lightning, it's nice to know we have a domestic army here to protect me.

I had a cop tell me once that other cops love nothing more than to play "army" with SWAT gear. He said it was the highlight of their day if they got to play around with the tacti-cool gear.
edit on 30-1-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Yay! Lets create special police commando units to keep us safe from terrorists!

Even though I'm more likely to be struck by lightning, it's nice to know we have a domestic army here to protect me.

I had a cop tell me once that other cops love nothing more than to play "army" with SWAT gear. He said it was the highlight of a day of they got to play around with the tacti-cool gear.

I said the same thing. I'm to the point where if no one is willing to speak out against this, they deserve whatever they get. I don't trust the neighbor next door. You really think I trust politicians? I guess this is the wake up call. Did any of you have a say in this? That's the most messed up part of it all. We never had a say in the Patriot Act. They didn't even read the damned thing before signing it. We never had a say in the NDAA. WE have no voice. Say it with me. WE have NO voice.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Dude, what slavery!

Its really quite clear you do not understand what you are talking about.

If when i asked you "what do you think New York should be using for counter-terrorism other than this new unit?" you had said something along the lines of "well we already have FBI HRT why do we need this as well". I would have thought fair enough.

But by suggesting that a deployment of the national guard would be better clearly demonstrates you do not know what you are talking about.

Its laughable.

I gave you three alternatives. You didn't like them. It's not my fault you don't want to respect my opinion. Like I said, have fun with your SLAVERY.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I gave you three alternatives. You didn't like them. It's not my fault you don't want to respect my opinion

The first alternative you gave was the National Guard, to me that is just absurd for anyone who is also arguing against a "militarization" of the police.

Its not that I don't want to respect your opinion, its that I can't respect it when it is so clearly at odds with your opposition to the creation of a new CT unit.

I don't think you fully understood the can of worms you would be opening up when you said "national guard" so I will give you a way out and we can just say that you did not understand at the time what you were saying.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Gestapo

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I gave you three alternatives. You didn't like them. It's not my fault you don't want to respect my opinion

The first alternative you gave was the National Guard, to me that is just absurd for anyone who is also arguing against a "militarization" of the police.

Its not that I don't want to respect your opinion, its that I can't respect it when it is so clearly at odds with your opposition to the creation of a new CT unit.

I don't think you fully understood the can of worms you would be opening up when you said "national guard" so I will give you a way out and we can just say that you did not understand at the time what you were saying.

You are entitled to your opinion. I for one don't agree with the Gestapo tactics of New York. The police are already equipped for war. Anything more is just over-kill. There's no terrorist threat at this time. They rule New York out of fear. This gets root nation-wide and we'll have a bigger problem than the boogeyman they want you to fear.

I'm waiting for the Stazi to pop up next. You know, the neighbors turning you in for favor from the state. Terrorist is a broad term in America. You might be labeled one for any number of reasons. If not, it'll sure stifle dissent. I don't want to wait for the end game. I want to address the elephant in the room here before it's too late. I'm sure you're a good guy and compassionate to your fellow man. I might be going a little overboard but I think this is a major issue. It needs to be addressed.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't fit the clique. I'm happy with that.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
NYPD Police Commissioner Bill Bratton has announced his plans to create a new specialized unit. This units goal?

The unit of 350 cops will be specially trained in high-tech weaponry to deal with protests, “lone wolf” attacks and evolving threats posed by terrorists, CBS2’s Marcia Kramer reported.

The Strategic Response Group, Bratton said, will be dedicated to “disorder control and counterterrorism protection capabilities.”

Well the war on terror is going to continue until the terrorists have been defeated.

This war has to be won. Whatever it takes the terrorists must NOT be allowed to win.

Look at whats happening in the middle east. The terrorists took over large parts of Iraq and Syria. Theres a good chance that they plan on doing the same elsewhere. We must be prepared.

edit on 31-1-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join