It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'd say if meat causes cancer that it's caused from the preservatives placed in it.

I'll continue to eat meat and veggies until I'm spared my 10 year ticket to the nursing home. Hey no joke! I really don't want to go. Its hard to beat a good steak and sauteed green beens or asparagus.

I do definitely agree that animals should be treated better than they are. Not so crowded, cleaner happier environment.

Meat growers crowd as many animals as they can get into an area it seems to max out their earnings.
With the increasing cost of everything it may very well take it to keep their doors open.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One wonders why not stop adding cancer causing materials to peoples meat?

Also if there were alternatives that tasted the same would people be more willing to try them out instead of getting cancer?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
Meat growers crowd as many animals as they can get into an area it seems to max out their earnings.

No worse than veggie growers cramming veggies closely together, all in rows. They do not let the veggies free range over the countryside, but corral them all together!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

They say Halloween is when the veil between the world of dead threads and living ones is thinnest... this one has somehow come back from the grave through some arcane summoning.

You ready to discuss anything I posted waaaay back when?

You know kim-chi has also been suspected to cause an increase in the incidence of gastric cancer? Those evil veggies and naturally occurring things that ferment them. The ambient levels of carcinogens and harmful chemicals in the soil, air, and water, have also increased. Are you going to stop breathing or drinking water?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Is it immoral for a lion to eat meat? Of course not its what they were designed to do. humans are no difference for us meat is a food source you can chose not to eat it but morality is not involved. Like me I choose not to eat spinach it's not a moral decision just a prefrence. As far as eating living things plants are alive to yes they even suffer when cut. Any living organism from plankton plants to people feel pain when damaged. So who decides what life we eat and what life we don't does it have to have fur are insects ok?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'd say. Is two guys, or two women "raising" children, "moral"? Is it natural? Yeah. I'll eat, tasty, natural meat all day and night...and feel no shame about it. Personally, I think you have more "moral" issues on your, national plate, than tasty meat. But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sorry OP but you can't reason with these people.

They do not have the intelligence required to empathize with another living thing. They are raised to be sociopaths and so they will defend their ability to kill, torture, and consume another living thing even though their life does not depend on it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah

They do not have the intelligence required to empathize with another living thing. They are raised to be sociopaths and so they will defend their ability to kill, torture, and consume another living thing even though their life does not depend on it.

Very true, vegetarians think nothing of the suffering and torture they put living vegetables through, torn out by the roots, or have their head chopped off, then thrown into a tub surrounded by hundreds of their friends, all piled on top of each other, then laid out on display, to be picked up and fondled by crazed vegetable killers, who finally pick some victims. Then they are taken and thrown in boiling water, or just cut up. Some are then thrown into a dark, very cold place, some are actually frozen!

Just think, vegetarians can eat meat instead, but instead they prefer to torture and eat vegetables!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I personally regret, ...I must "murder", .. "Mother Earths", plant inhabitants, to live. I physically and mentally, beat myself everyday! And ask that "Mother Earth" forgives my needs of survival. I'm such a weak, inhuman POS! I don't know how to live with myself!.. Then I have a smoke and morning coffee. Then it's all better.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Try reading the thread, reading what I wrote, and then come up with some kind of response to it. Then get back to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Try reading the thread, reading what I wrote, and then come up with some kind of response to it. Then get back to me.

Seems as though you don't understand the reasoning behind non-violent diet choices. Like I said, you're raised to think that way and not much anyone can do to reason with you.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Shocking news that meat may cause cancer, could this be natures way of getting humans to stop eating meat?

Yeah, cause I really listen and care about what the United Nations has to say. They are sooooooo not laughable.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

They are raised to be sociopaths and so they will defend their ability to kill, torture, and consume another living thing even though their life does not depend on it.

So true. Just yesterday I went to my garden and tore out, without remorse or empathy, my last few bunches of kale. I suspect they did not enjoy it much either when I minced them up and sautéed them with their next door garden-neighbors, Mr. and Mrs. Garlic.

The horror!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Its fine people have the right to do as they please, I always say follow your bliss! I thank you for sharing and have no intention of changing anyone, I was just wondering where people were morally on eating meat if there are other choices available. Anywhoo I have never eaten the stuff, and dont plan on doing it while I am still alive. I look foward to a day when we can evolve beyond our needs which may inflict harm on others in various ways, wether war, living, or even food.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So what do you think we should do then? Kill off all the cows? The chickens, the pigs? Or toss them all into the wild with no instincts to survive? Turn the world into one giant piece of agricultural farmland? If we all collectively decide, no more meat, where do the animals we traditionally rely on such for fit in? What would you do with them?

Domestication, both as food and as pets are important, they make these creatures a part of humanity. Once you remove animals as food and/or pets, then humanity stops having a reason to care at all. If we leave this planet someday successfully, we'll only be taking those which play an important roll in our lives. Being important as friend or food to the dominant predator is and can be a survival trait.

Whether it's a plant or animal, something must die so you can live. We don't survive by photosynthesis. Things are dying all around us, things we don't even see. All that farmland we need to live a pure vegetarian diet, well getting it requires taking homes from other animals, killing vermin in droves be it bug or mouse, rabbit or vole. No one who survives is innocent of the death of others.

Is why I hate graves and I hate incineration, I'd rather be turned into kibble...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

First of all look in the mirror first before you judge others, I find that the more judgmental people are, the more skeletons they have in their own closets!

Second, have you ever lived in a farm? I did. Do you know how many little animals are killed when ploughing and harvesting? Many! Mice, rats, frogs, snakes, birds, foxes etc. It may be unintentional, but they are still killed to provide us (YOU) with crops.

Third: I have seen too many vegans in hospitals that needed intravenous minerals/vitamins as their diet lack many nutrients. We have always been omnivorous and there are aminoacids that only meat can provide. It doesn't mean we have to eat meat daily, but we do need animal meat. It is in our DNA, we evolved like this.

Most vegans have to take supplements? Why is that?

You are like the food gestapo.... jeez

edit on 1-11-2015 by Agartha because: SPAG

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Seems as though you don't understand the reasoning behind non-violent diet choices. Like I said, you're raised to think that way and not much anyone can do to reason with you.

Seems as though you don't understand that everything you eat takes away from something else.

Would you care to have a discussion or just keep ignoring what I actually have written in this thread?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

Your 'morality' exists in your judgmental imagination/ego! Vanity!
There is no Universal 'morality'.
So if YOU find something 'immoral', and that matters to you, then YOU feel free to not do it.
You have no basis or support to go forth evangelizing that all must share YOUR problem with vain judgment!
I find eating meat not 'immoral' at all, because I don't judge' everything.
If you are a Xtian, neither should you!
Besides, the bible says that it is fine to eat anything, as long as done with prayer and thanksgiving!
Enjoy your 'path', but don't fall for the insanity to believe that what works for you will work for anyone else.
There is no forgone conclusion that meat eating is 'immoral', other than in the vanity of your imagination!

Perhaps the argument can be made that it is 'unethical' (no 'judgment' involved), but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Its great isn't it being able to choose what to eat amd what not to.
We have that choice pity most in the world do not.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join