It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I say eat what you like to eat, and follow your bliss.

As to the topic of morality and the lack of having any when it comes to animal life I think many cant talk about the right and wrong of it or the moral vs immoral aspects of killing creatures for food when it isnt necessary.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
or the moral vs immoral aspects of killing creatures for food when it isnt necessary.

What about the moral aspects of killing plants for food when it is not necessary?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I was eating a roast beef sandwich on the side of a road in my car beside a field full of cows eating grass. I felt a little bad... I think if I saw the videos of what it's like in the butchers I would become a vegan/vegetarian very quickly! It's more so just conditioning and dietary habit. It's widely available.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here's a couple articles for you Veggiesaurs out there...

Plants Can Tell When They Are Being Eaten

Vegetarian Diet Kills Animals Too

So much for that moral high ground, huh?

To the OP: I have absolutely ZERO intention of not eating meat products, and I don't feel bad about it either.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If we all stopped eating meat, you don't really save lives of animals. Those animals would just cease to be raised for meat anymore. So, what do you solve? Nothing gained, nothing lost?

Also, why put all your eggs in one basket? What would it take to make enough vegetables, etc for every human being alive right now to go vegan? Do we have the resources to accomplish that goal? The water, the land? Serious question, because I don't know.

Oh, and I love burgers. Please never take them away from me. I would rather die.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

To the OP: I have absolutely ZERO intention of not eating meat products, and I don't feel bad about it either.

Earlier in this very thread we discussed plants suffering and for me if there was an alternative to killing plants I would like to use it. For example if we develop a method of surviving on sunlight like superman I would definatly want to try it out. I do think its immoral to needlessly kill plants as well, if it isnt necessary.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Earlier in this very thread we discussed plants suffering and for me if there was an alternative to killing plants I would like to use it. For example if we develop a method of surviving on sunlight like superman I would definatly want to try it out. I do think its immoral to needlessly kill plants as well, if it isnt necessary.

If it isn't necessary? When is it necessary? When you need to eat them?
Wouldn't that essentially be the same necessity for those that eat meat?

You can feel free to eat whatever synthetic crap they come up with if it makes you feel better about yourself. As for me, I'm sticking as close to real as possible.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

You should probably watch earthlings documentary. If you think that is real food then I suggest eat synthetic food. Because that meat get filled with antibiotics and god knows what other crap they inject in those poor animals which life is doomed the day they were born. Just so some uneducated low level humans can taste those addictive taste of meat.

Guess what, after 2 months more or less ur no longer addicted.

I know some of you if not majority will hate me for this post. But sometimes simpletrue is hard to see. And even if you watch and read everything, you can still denied the true because addiction to meat taste is just stronger.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

If it isn't necessary? When is it necessary? When you need to eat them?
Wouldn't that essentially be the same necessity for those that eat meat?

You can feel free to eat whatever synthetic crap they come up with if it makes you feel better about yourself. As for me, I'm sticking as close to real as possible.

It would be necessary if there was no other food sources available. . . . Like in the movie alive, people had to resort to cannabilism to stay alive.

I am not a vegitarian because I want to feel better about myself in comparison to meat eaters, its not a competition to one up each other on who is eating what. I do it for moral reasons, I dont eat meat meat because I think its the wrong choice for me, doesnt mean I think less of others who choose to do otherwise.

edit on 7-6-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Why are you debating if killing animals or killing plants is more moral than other. That so bad. That so bad way of thinking. For example, even if we agree that it is better to kill plant than to kill animal. (i dont agree). That is not the case with morality.

If you ask your self who do you like most from species, your scale should go this way:
1. humans
2. animals
3. plants
4. undiscovered little particles (you know that thing that CERN is testing), who say they are not alive too.

Whole planet earth is alive. All earth elements (water, fire, earth, air), everything is energy. Energy that change and move.

You eat meat you get energy, you eat plants you get energy. So question is about moral here.

If i don't have anything to eat i will be first one to eat humans. If it will mean me or him i would eat him. I know this, because i know my self. There are people who will not do that, but majority will eat other humans if there are no other food for longer period.

Is this moral? It is not, but we will do it and in that case the question about moral and not moral is not important since nobody would ask those questions.

But when you can choose, when you have money and opportunity to choose what to eat and you choose meat because it taste good and you love that smell of bacon and hamburgers and cheeses and all other crap that food industry want to serve you so you give them your money is not moral. It is stupid and you are just a little puppet played by the system.

This meat is produced in masses they don't care about quality all they want is MONEY!
Same thing is happening with plant food. Those filthy fat cats are trying to make same thing with plants, all GMO crap, all that mono-culture, millions of hectares of soil destroyed so some fat cat can make money by harvesting soy or other mono-culture. I m against that tot. That is not moral either. That why i don't say vegans are moral. They are not, they are just little less blind than regular people that have zero idea what is going on. Because most of the vegans are occupied with animals so much that they don't see that plants are hurt as well, that soil is destroyed, that air is polluted and that our planet Earth is dieing.

Most people don't know about this, some who knows, don't care, and some don't know what to do. Well, everyone should start from their self. Change your self and you will change the world. It is simple as that. But this sounds so easy to do. I dare you, try it, change your life and live that way the rest of your life. You cant, because your brainwashed, your filled with additives, conservans and other crap and your body just depends on industrial # that is getting every day more expensive.

Like one of the guys write up there, if i could just stand on the sun and not eat at all, i would. Would you?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

If i don't have anything to eat i will be first one to eat humans.

Miam, miam, good old Soylent Green...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
Why are you debating if killing animals or killing plants is more moral than other. That so bad. That so bad way of thinking. For example, even if we agree that it is better to kill plant than to kill animal. (i dont agree). That is not the case with morality.

If you ask your self who do you like most from species, your scale should go this way:
1. humans
2. animals
3. plants
4. undiscovered little particles (you know that thing that CERN is testing), who say they are not alive too.

Whole planet earth is alive. All earth elements (water, fire, earth, air), everything is energy. Energy that change and move.

You eat meat you get energy, you eat plants you get energy. So question is about moral here.

If i don't have anything to eat i will be first one to eat humans. If it will mean me or him i would eat him. I know this, because i know my self. There are people who will not do that, but majority will eat other humans if there are no other food for longer period.

Is this moral? It is not, but we will do it and in that case the question about moral and not moral is not important since nobody would ask those questions.

But when you can choose, when you have money and opportunity to choose what to eat and you choose meat because it taste good and you love that smell of bacon and hamburgers and cheeses and all other crap that food industry want to serve you so you give them your money is not moral. It is stupid and you are just a little puppet played by the system.

This meat is produced in masses they don't care about quality all they want is MONEY!
Same thing is happening with plant food. Those filthy fat cats are trying to make same thing with plants, all GMO crap, all that mono-culture, millions of hectares of soil destroyed so some fat cat can make money by harvesting soy or other mono-culture. I m against that tot. That is not moral either. That why i don't say vegans are moral. They are not, they are just little less blind than regular people that have zero idea what is going on. Because most of the vegans are occupied with animals so much that they don't see that plants are hurt as well, that soil is destroyed, that air is polluted and that our planet Earth is dieing.

Most people don't know about this, some who knows, don't care, and some don't know what to do. Well, everyone should start from their self. Change your self and you will change the world. It is simple as that. But this sounds so easy to do. I dare you, try it, change your life and live that way the rest of your life. You cant, because your brainwashed, your filled with additives, conservans and other crap and your body just depends on industrial # that is getting every day more expensive.

Like one of the guys write up there, if i could just stand on the sun and not eat at all, i would. Would you?

Lots of good points there I agree with you on all points especially the GMO world take over that is happening thanks to the TPP banksters getting GMO going worldwide. I would like to see some alternatives created that are bassed on the non suffering of other creatures. I think there is life at every level even atomic we just arent aware of it I guess, perhaps we can raise our awareness in the future and become more empathetic to others suffering realizing the unity in all things.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I only feel concerned about the way animals are treated while alive, and how they are killed.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I imagine most of what I could say has been already.
The growing evidence that there is some sort of consciousness to plants, and the question of morality applied to predators in the rest of the animal kingdom... all I can say is, I would be okay with being eaten if I could live a comfortable life beforehand, and be killed in a way which isn't scary and painful, and is quick.
Thoughtful sacrifice sounds good to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
a reply to: saadad

If i don't have anything to eat i will be first one to eat humans.

Miam, miam, good old Soylent Green...

Here are a bunch of informed Americans signing the Soylent Green lunch programs for kids lololol

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

To eat or to be eaten, that's the question...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Yes, that is good. Your energy will be pass to the thing that eats you. Same way, when we humans die and we must agree that we produce high energy, we have some yet undiscovered energy inside us and that energy goes somewhere and someone have some use of it. And that is normal. Maybe we are eaten, but we dont know or dont understand how this thing consumes energy. If you look at animals you can see all kind of different ways how aniamls or plants consumes energy.

Just for the record, i have no problem with eating animals. If you have nothing on your self, only bow and arrow and you didnt eat for several days and you are on the hunt, you kill animal and you eat it. And if you look how those tribes hunt, you can see that even animal is happy to pass his life energy to serve others and killers (tribe hunters) are so happy that they got food that they admire the animal that died for them.

This is how energy swapping process should go. Not having 10 000 pigs in 10x10meters box that eat god knows what, that are filled with pills and injections to endure nuclear blast so that companies can make profit.

Do you really believe they will give you this food for free, even if you have nothing to eat they will never ever give you this crap food for free. Even if it is worst possible thing you can put in your mouth, they will not give it to you for free, no matter how poor you are, no money, no food.

If the food industry collapse, world would change, for the better. I know people are scare, "what will we eat", "we will starve", and yes, for some time there could be cannibalism in major city's.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Look similar to petition to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide at one of these "save the planet" conventum...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

Yes, that is good. Your energy will be pass to the thing that eats you. Same way, when we humans die and we must agree that we produce high energy, we have some yet undiscovered energy inside us and that energy goes somewhere and someone have some use of it. And that is normal. Maybe we are eaten, but we dont know or dont understand how this thing consumes energy. If you look at animals you can see all kind of different ways how aniamls or plants consumes energy.

Just for the record, i have no problem with eating animals. If you have nothing on your self, only bow and arrow and you didnt eat for several days and you are on the hunt, you kill animal and you eat it. And if you look how those tribes hunt, you can see that even animal is happy to pass his life energy to serve others and killers (tribe hunters) are so happy that they got food that they admire the animal that died for them.

This is how energy swapping process should go. Not having 10 000 pigs in 10x10meters box that eat god knows what, that are filled with pills and injections to endure nuclear blast so that companies can make profit.

Do you really believe they will give you this food for free, even if you have nothing to eat they will never ever give you this crap food for free. Even if it is worst possible thing you can put in your mouth, they will not give it to you for free, no matter how poor you are, no money, no food.

If the food industry collapse, world would change, for the better. I know people are scare, "what will we eat", "we will starve", and yes, for some time there could be cannibalism in major city's.

In order for the food industry to collapse it would take a worldwide event signifigant enough to stop all of the planets food production like world war or a pole shift. I think many would prefer cannabalism to farming, just for the taste of it and nothing more than that. I think the animal food supply would die off rather quickly if civilizations worldwide were ever to collapse, leaving the mindless masses to feed on each other. I wouldnt be the least suprised if it ever happened.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I think many would prefer cannabalism to farming, just for the taste of it and nothing more than that.

Cannibalism is alway the first thing to crop out when there is a "disturbance" in the food chain.

The Soviet had great trouble with this back in the old time. Make me remember a South Park episode...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Unfortunately even vegans and vegetarians kill animals, without knowing. If you have ever been to a farm you'd know how many small animals die when the land is prepared for crops, mainly mice, rabbits, moles, insects, snakes, etc. Sad, but true.

I am an omnivorous, which is the way we evolved to survive. We do eat meat but 2 or 3 days a week we eat vegetarian, because we don't need animal protein every day. But we do need animal products as B12 is essential to our bodies and the only way to get it is from animal products. Nowadays you can get man made vegan B12 vitamins BUT if you lived only 100 years ago you couldn't have followed a vegan diet without serious consequences to your health.

edit on 7-6-2015 by Agartha because: SPAG!

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join