It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Some people are addicted to self righteousness.
And some are REALLY addicted to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

AP? bummer, i thought you were refering to the OP.
for the OP it's subjective as long as you agree that eating meat is evil.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Well of coarse! Anyone who disagrees is trying to force their opinion on the OP!
edit on 14-2-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: forgot to misspell coarse properly

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

of course! because the OP would never dare to force his opinion on someone else!
he's so openminded!

(almost like after a lobotomy)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're trying to get a lot of posts generated because I really don't want you to be serious.

But I know that you're serious because you are implying that by not eating meat that you are somehow morally superior.

I have killed and ate my own meat before. Nothing about it was "immoral" (which is totally subjective by the way). I didn't feel bad after and the animal died without even knowing that it was dead. One bolt through the heart sac or one bullet between the shoulders means it bled out before shock even set in.

You and my old world history teacher piss me off exactly the same.
You assume that because YOU were able to live a healthy life, that is somehow means that YOU are sole proof of not needing meat.

Your vegetables and fruit are picked by other people, shipped by truck, you get regular checkups, and one more little thing, I'd like to see your brain functions after not consuming amino and fatty acids naturally for the last 40 years. I'm not trying to imply that you are less intelligent than a meat eater, but I'm genuinely curious as to what your white matter looks like after no fatty acids and amino acids. Yes, fish and nuts do have oils and acids. They do not have fatty or amino acids because that is a byproduct of mammals and avians. You know, the same things we were eating before we knew how to grow our food.

I told my teacher this and I'll tell you the same, we survived OVER 60,000 YEARS BY EATING MEAT.
You are not going to change anything. This is a fad that will continue to be in the minority until we can develop the means to artificially create meat and make it taste exactly like meat. Even then, I'd find the last breathing cow on Earth, kill it painlessly and then eat it, just to spite you.

What is immoral however, is eating things from other places leading to abuse of farmers and laborers.
Your fruit and vegetables that you ate yesterday, did you psychically see where they came from?
Did you grow it yourself? No small feat seeing how a man would need 2 pounds of plants a day, 365 days a year to not starve.
How do you know that no human being was hurt or abused by the very act of you purchasing your "moral" food?

Get off your high horse and keep your opinion to yourself.

If you want to not eat meat, that is your right and I will gladly die for you to have that right.
But do not imply that I am not as morally superior as you because of a dietary choice.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I’ve fallen off the wagon. I was a vegetarian for 7 years and the day of the Virginia massacre for some strange reason I went and bought an anchovy laden pizza and have been hooked again on meat ever since.

That taught me that there is a hidden relationship between blood lust crimes and human animal consumption.

It was totally unconscious of what I was doing and didn’t even realize I was eating meat again!
I ate the pizza and said "Goddam" what have I done?

I am slowly getting back into it vegetarian
I just had a great soy Hot dog!

This time though I will be a vegetarian primarily based on the moral premise against eating our friends the animals

I though am not a proselytizer, I believe people will eventually willingly accept vegetarianism one fine day in the future

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

makes you wonder if the brain damage caused by not eating meat can manifest itself as the inability to understand that one isn't superior to others.

because that would explain a lot.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I’ve fallen off the wagon. I was a vegetarian for 7 years and the day of the Virginia massacre for some strange reason I went and bought an anchovy laden pizza and have been hooked again on meat ever since.

That taught me that there is a hidden relationship between blood lust crimes and human animal consumption.

It was totally unconscious of what I was doing and didn’t even realize I was eating meat again!

This time though I will be a vegetarian primarily based on the moral premise against eating our friends the animals

I though am not a proselytizer, I believe people will eventually willingly accept vegetarianism one fine day in the future

in the past, humans and animals were friends usually in one case: when they were hunting together.

other than that, well.

vegetarian: please, don't kill me! i'm a friend!
sabretooth tiger: and i am hungry. RAWR.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Your becoming a vegitarian out of morality, wow thats a big step. Good luck! I would imagine that at some future point in time civilization may move more and more towards vegitarianism.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I would imagine that at some future point in time civilization may move more and more towards vegitarianism.

Nope, meat tastes much better, and is good for you. Vegetarianism is just a passing fad, taken up by a few soy latte sipping trendy wannabees

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

No. Maybe this will help, is pest control acceptable? How about lawn mowing? That has to kill a few things. As I said earlier, somewhere between cows (an animal that is eaten) and plants (not plants, again between cows and plants) are living things we kill either directly or indirectly. Do you have a 'line'? If so, where is it?

Is it moral to 'steal' the habitat of animals (that's gotta cause a little suffering, no?) as humans spread out and do evil things like build houses and roads and # like that?

Regarding pest control ... After harvesting a crop of wheat ... some of the mice living in the wheat field found their way into our croft ... we caught them in Humane traps and released them far away from our home ... How others deal with pests is their business

Also a wild cat hunts in our garden ... I have no judgement on that ... how could I ... I simply think a cat will do what a cat will do ... in a way I admire the cat for though it is friendly with us because it trusts us ... it still remains wild to follow it's natural inclinations

As much as possible I attempt to live in harmony or balance with wild animals ... but that is me

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

makes you wonder if the brain damage caused by not eating meat can manifest itself as the inability to understand that one isn't superior to others.

Have you any evidence that brain damage can occur from not eating meat ...
Or are you resorting to personal attack
edit on 14-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Vegetarianism is just a passing fad, taken up by a few soy latte sipping trendy wannabees

What you stated is untrue ... Vegetarianism has been around for a very long time

22.8 million people, say they largely follow a vegetarian-inclined diet

A 2013 Public Policy Polling survey found 13% of Americans identify as vegetarian (6%) or vegan (7%)
edit on 14-2-2015 by artistpoet because: add

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

The human brain is the most complex object in the universe.

It is also the organ that consumes by far the most energy, compared to its weight.

The brain is only about 2% of our body weight, but uses 20% of the energy.

This remarkable organ has evolved over millions of years. During this time, humans were omnivores. We ate both meat and plants.

There are many nutrients in these foods that are absolutely critical for the proper function of this very delicate system.

Unless proper care is taken to supplement, going vegan and eschewing animal foods may lead to a deficiency in some of these important substances.

Here are 5 nutrients that are very important for the brain and only found in animal foods.
authoritynutrition.com...
List at source.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Thanks for link though I could find other links that would say quite different things

But what is the point as nothing is conclusive ... my point was to not make this personal ...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Have you any evidence that brain damage can occur from not eating meat ...
Or are you resorting to personal attack

i was elaborating on thisguy's post, which was an answer to the OP.
not targeted at you in any way, shape, or form.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

altough it may look different perhaps, i respect people and their opinions, as long as they can discuss them in a sensible and cultural way, with the same respect shown to those that disagree with them. it's your path and it is your holy right to follow that path.

i just can't stand bible-thumper-alike attitude, forcing one's 'only truth', morality standards and whatever, upon everyone else. you're not the bible thumper here though.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Thanks for explaining that ... I apologise for butting in like that ... maybe I got out of bed the wrong side so to speak
Just feeling a bit sensitive at the mo ... poor me ( the sound of violins playing)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

i just can't stand bible-thumper-alike attitude, forcing one's 'only truth', morality standards and whatever, upon everyone else. you're not the bible thumper here though.

I feel the same way also ... there are so many aspects to every situation ... I can be an ass at times I know ... but it always backfires on me and leaves me looking at the whys and wherefores ie self questioning.

This is what I find valuable about this site ... It helps me learn to communicate my thoughts better to others.

Thank you for your honesty

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Thanks for link though I could find other links that would say quite different things

But what is the point as nothing is conclusive ... my point was to not make this personal ...

I *could* find links that disagree with that one!

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join