It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Really it a matter of empathy, if a person is cruel to animals they end up being the ones that can quite easily kill a human. Because they are halfway there. Farmed Animals exist purely as numbers on a profit and loss sheet. Absolutely no regard is spent on their personal welfare unless it hits the bottom line. Anyone who has a relationship with an animal realises that their consciousness is just as important to them as ours is to us . Eating a bit of their body, if you know the animal in question, is just bad karma and a waste . The meat will rot in your guts, and cause serious health problems over time. I knew a lot of people that worked in freezing works, and they would smuggle the best cuts of steak and eat it every evening. Without an exception they all died of bowel cancer, around fifty.

Thats what I have noticed as well, people arent even aware that its bad to kill animals.

I have acknowleged that killing plants is bad and we need to find other methods to survive, however people are so set in thier ways they wont see the morality or lack of it when it comes to killing animals for food when we dont need to do it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Really it a matter of empathy, if a person is cruel to animals they end up being the ones that can quite easily kill a human. Because they are halfway there.

to a degree, you're right.
on the other hand though, you got it entirely backwards.

many people would never, ever, hit an animal.
they would easily kill a politician though if only given a chance.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Use common sense to answer all of those questions.

I don't think it's moral for you to demand something of others that you can't do yourself.

How is common sense going to tell me where they draw their line, if they even know? It's not necessarily something people consider.

As to the OP killing animals when there is no need its a different topic than what your talking about.

I never said the OP is killing animals, you just did. What I'm talking about is very much on topic whether you realize it or not.

Your continual discussion on killing plants has nothing to do with killing animals.

Your continual killing of plants is immoral.

Let's get crackin' on that FOTLsynthesis FTW!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

So all beings have a right to life wether we decide they do or not.

Where did this come from? The logical leap is not an Olympic event. Wasting time and effort training for it.

Even plants and animals have a right to life.

If YOU believe that then YOU stop eating them.

To see yourself as above right and wrong isnt wisdom.

To see yourself as the arbiter of right and wrong is arrogant, and delusional. Add hypocritical considering your previous statements on the matter of morality being a personal choice.

What gets me is people act as if they dont know right from wrong

What gets me is people who think they alone decide right and wrong in contradiction of their previous statements to the contrary.

Dont tell others how to live thier life, this is a moral discussion if you cant talk about morality why are you even posting on this thread.

I dont see myself as arbiter of right and wrong.

What is morality to you?

Do you define good as whatever you want it to be and bad as whatever you dont like, or is it more than that to you?

When asked about your stance on morals you go to petty insults like arrogant, delusional, and hypocritical.

Have you ever looked in the mirror at yourself and thought that you may be the things you seem so intent on calling others?

"why are you even posting on this thread".

yet you claim you're no arbiter.

the hell you're not. you're constantly telling people to GTFO from your threads whenever you disagree with someone. it's really getting boring.

Now your just lying, I have never said such things can you discuss the topic and not the poster or are you dead set on going against T&C of ATS?

and can you respect the fact that people living outside of your fantasy world may be right and you may be wrong?
i saw enough of your threads recently and your attitude in each and every single one of them is always exactly the same - if someone disagrees with you, you call them ignorant and claim they don't know what you're talking about, if that doesn't work you try to ridicule them, if that doesn't work it's an outright attack.

your 'my truth is the only truth and you'll either agree with me or you can go to hell' attitude will really get you nowhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So all beings have a right to life wether we decide they do or not.

Where did this come from? The logical leap is not an Olympic event. Wasting time and effort training for it.

Even plants and animals have a right to life.

If YOU believe that then YOU stop eating them.

To see yourself as above right and wrong isnt wisdom.

To see yourself as the arbiter of right and wrong is arrogant, and delusional. Add hypocritical considering your previous statements on the matter of morality being a personal choice.

What gets me is people act as if they dont know right from wrong

What gets me is people who think they alone decide right and wrong in contradiction of their previous statements to the contrary.

Dont tell others how to live thier life, this is a moral discussion if you cant talk about morality why are you even posting on this thread.

I dont see myself as arbiter of right and wrong.

What is morality to you?

Do you define good as whatever you want it to be and bad as whatever you dont like, or is it more than that to you?

When asked about your stance on morals you go to petty insults like arrogant, delusional, and hypocritical.

Have you ever looked in the mirror at yourself and thought that you may be the things you seem so intent on calling others?

"why are you even posting on this thread".

yet you claim you're no arbiter.

the hell you're not. you're constantly telling people to GTFO from your threads whenever you disagree with someone. it's really getting boring.

Now your just lying, I have never said such things can you discuss the topic and not the poster or are you dead set on going against T&C of ATS?

and can you respect the fact that people living outside of your fantasy world may be right and you may be wrong?

i saw enough of your threads recently and your attitude in each and every single one of them is always exactly the same - if someone disagrees with you, you call them ignorant and claim they don't know what you're talking about, if that doesn't work you try to ridicule them, if that doesn't work it's an outright attack.

your 'my truth is the only truth and you'll either agree with me or you can go to hell' attitude will really get you nowhere.

So you start making false accusations which are off topic it shows you dont seem to have an interest in the topic but instead are more interested in talking about me and making false claims about me like I tell people to not post.

I will ask what you have to say on topic, and thats not attacking you, what do you think of morality when killing animals is concerned when there is no need to? Thats not an attack thats a simple question, it amazes me that you would even consider it an attack.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

first, don't twist my words.
second, it's not the first thread we're discussing in, so stop blabling about false accusations because i know very well what i'm talking about.

and finally, to get back on topic, i've already answered your question, you've just ignored my post, focusing on the more itchy facts instead.
edit on 13-2-2015 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't think it's moral for you to demand something of others that you can't do yourself.

How is common sense going to tell me where they draw their line, if they even know? It's not necessarily something people consider.

As to the OP killing animals when there is no need its a different topic than what your talking about.

I never said the OP is killing animals, you just did. What I'm talking about is very much on topic whether you realize it or not.

Your continual discussion on killing plants has nothing to do with killing animals.

It would appear you have no interest in discussing the topic of the thread but instead are deflecting the issue of morality.

Morality is right and wrong, I think you may have a sense of morality however may be a bit confused as to what is right and what is wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

It would appear you have no interest in discussing the topic of the thread but instead are deflecting the issue of morality.

Morality is right and wrong, I think you may have a sense of morality however may be a bit confused as to what is right and what is wrong.

and who the hell gives YOU the right to tell what is right and what is wrong?
who made you a judge?

he made a valid question. he pointed out your hipocrisy.
you claim he has no interest in the topic and that he's deflecting the issue of morality. still claiming i was lying about you telling people to GTFO from your threads when you disagree with them?
the only person deflecting the issue here is you.

seriously, the more i see your 'i am god'-attitude-fueled ramblings, the more i think you need a doctor.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I've been discussing the topic while you've been deflecting and telling people they're immoral.

I can respect the fact that you have that opinion however I can in no way be as confused as your statement.

How can I be "A bit confused as to what is right and what is wrong" when those concepts are completely subjective?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

and who the hell gives YOU the right to tell what is right and what is wrong?

who made you a judge?

he made a valid question. he pointed out your hipocrisy.

you claim he has no interest in the topic and that he's deflecting the issue of morality. still claiming i was lying about you telling people to GTFO from your threads when you disagree with them?

the only person deflecting the issue here is you.

seriously, the more i see your 'i am god'-attitude-fueled ramblings, the more i think you need a doctor.

See there you go calling me a judge, I am looking at what he posted, all of it off topic and a deflection, and look at what your posting now, none of it is about the topic of the thread all of it is centered on me, its rather telling.

Lies about me have nothing to do with the OP which is the immorality of killing animals for food when there is no need as there are plenty of alternatives. Insults like I need a doctor have nothing to do with a civil conversation. To say I attack people and then go on attack is very telling. Have I said anything other than follow your bliss and do what feels right for you. . . . .NO. Yet there are accusations in your posts that have zero evidence to back them up and are against the T&C of ATS. I could name call but what does that have to do with the topic, nothing at all.

What gets me is many dont want to see what thay are doing as even the slightest bit wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
We're omnivores, eating meat is not immoral according to our genetic makeup. We were made to eat both meat and vegetables.

Are bears immoral for eating fish when they could be eating veggies instead? If not, then neither are we.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I've been discussing the topic while you've been deflecting and telling people they're immoral.

I can respect the fact that you have that opinion however I can in no way be as confused as your statement.

How can I be "A bit confused as to what is right and what is wrong" when those concepts are completely subjective?

Then why have you continued to ask where the moral line is?
The concepts arent subjective, we as humans have the ability to discern good from bad actions, we call it morality. Its not just something we make up as we go.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The concepts arent subjective, we as humans have the ability to discern good from bad actions, we call it morality. Its not just something we make up as we go.

we call it moral compass, and everyone has his own.

those saying this concept isn't subjective are bible thumpers, dictators and overall people considered hit in the head. and yes, they're all wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

What gets me is many dont want to see what thay are doing as even the slightest bit wrong.

You told us we weren't wrong. You don't get that part do you?

Did you lie?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Not THE moral line, THAT MEMBER'S line. It's part of a topical discussion I was trying to have with THAT MEMBER.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Not THE moral line, THAT MEMBER'S line. It's part of a topical discussion I was trying to have with THAT MEMBER.

THAT MEMBER doesn't see the difference between one and the other.
heck, when he realizes THE moral line doesn't even exist, he may combust or something.
edit on 13-2-2015 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow what I am not seeing is people with the ability to discuss the morality of killing animals when there is no need.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I think AP has been consistent about the line being subjective, up to each individual to establish for themselves. My contention with him has to do with the fact that somewhere along the food chain 'animals' die because of us, intentionally or due to 'neglecting to not kill them". Those 'animals' are sentient. I need a better reason than sentience to abstain from lawn mowing or termite control or whatever might harm a sentient 'animal'.

Like I said earlier, food is food. I'm trying to make sense of some of these positions others hold. My questions do not necessarily indicate my views on anything.

IIRC, OP has indicated more than once he believes even killing plants for food is wrong but considers it moral due to necessity. Can't get my head around that kind of thinking.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Wow what I am not seeing is people with the ability to discuss the morality of killing animals when there is no need.

It's fine. You've said so yourself. I can do it because my morals don't prevent me from eating meat. You can't eat meat because it violates your morals. Problem solved.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join