It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immorality Of Eating Meat When There Are Vegi Alternatives Do People Care?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
'Need'?...I lurv my drug, leave me alone...?

If someone tried to separate me from my bacon I would separate them from their coconut.

Seriously?

Most indubitably.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If someone tried to separate me from my bacon I would separate them from their coconut.

Seriously?

Most indubitably.
Mmmmmmm.... Salted/Cured Pork Belly...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: akushla99

It's really not that simple. Human instinct is to eat meat along with vegetables. We are omnivorous by nature. Some humans are able to overcome those instincts and eat only vegetables, which is fine. I certainly won't belittle vegetarians or vegans for their lifestyle, but I do see an increasing trend of vegans belittle meat eaters for their lifestyle.

Sorry, if you're a vegetarian/vegan that does not make you better than anyone else. It makes you a person who made a choice, and nothing more.

No. It's not that simple.

We have not developed to the point where killing an animal to live is necessary. Every other point relates to a craving addiction.

Waaay back on page (somewhere near the beginning of the thread) I posted something that was summarily ignored. I have no 'beef' with meat eaters, except when the reason for their choice is a null point, and related to an addiction of sorts. Then, the same excuses come out...

Å99

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I would seriously contemplate going back to Catholicism if the communion wafer was made of bacon.

Mmmmmmmm.......ahhhhrrrrrrr.......sacrilicious.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's really not that simple. Human instinct is to eat meat along with vegetables. We are omnivorous by nature. Some humans are able to overcome those instincts and eat only vegetables, which is fine. I certainly won't belittle vegetarians or vegans for their lifestyle, but I do see an increasing trend of vegans belittle meat eaters for their lifestyle.

Sorry, if you're a vegetarian/vegan that does not make you better than anyone else. It makes you a person who made a choice, and nothing more.

We have not developed to the point where killing an animal to live is necessary. Every other point relates to a craving addiction.

Waaay back on page (somewhere near the beginning of the thread) I posted something that was summarily ignored. I have no 'beef' with meat eaters, except when the reason for their choice is a null point, and related to an addiction of sorts. Then, the same excuses come out...

Å99
I take issue with you calling it an addiction, is my point. It's not an addiction. It's instinct.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hey I just had pork carnitas for lunch. mmmmmm. Pork.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I would seriously contemplate going back to Catholicism if the communion wafer was made of bacon.

Mmmmmmmm.......ahhhhrrrrrrr.......sacrilicious.
"MY Lord and Savior is the tastiest of all!"

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Seriously?

Most indubitably.

Exchange 'bacon' for illegal addictive drug, and see how that sentence sounds...

Å99

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I'm not sure it's an instinct so much as long term conditioning that slowly meshed with human nature & Pandoras box. Hunting started as a need for warmth & cloth, & of course you wouldn't waste the meat.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Å99
I take issue with you calling it an addiction, is my point. It's not an addiction. It's instinct.

Take whatever 'issue' you want. Can you give it up?

Many people do not have the 'instinct'...

Å99

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Exchange 'bacon' for illegal addictive drug, and see how that sentence sounds...

Two things.

First, I am all for the legalization of drugs, what adults do is their business. But that is another debate for another thread.

Secondly, my bacon is not illicit as I do not live in Saudi Arabia, I live in the United Freaking States of America Bacon.

Ohhhhhh, saaaaaay does thaaaaaat Star Spangled Baaaaaaaconnnnnn yet wave.

Long live freedom!!!!!

edit on 30-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lysacid

Hay grows a whole lot faster and easier than a tomato or corn.
Once again, I grew up in a farm community. To properly raise a cow for the slaughterhouse requires MUCH more money and resources than using the same amount of land for farming. Yes hay and grains are cheap, but cows need space to move, to exercise, to graze, etc. That's space that cannot be cultivated.

And much of the land that cows can graze on is land that isn't suitable for intensive agriculture. Much of Western Kansas fits that description. You can raise a herd of grazing animals on it, but you can't grow food crops without irrigation. In that sense, the cows/sheep are much more environmentally friendly as large herd animals - buffalo - were what lived there in abundance before agriculture.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Å99

Å99
Yeah, I can give it up. I choose not to. It's personal choice, not an addiction. I enjoy Sushi. I enjoy a nice steak. I also enjoy the varied and wonderful veggies that make up the Japanese diet. I'm fond of food of all sorts. Am I addicted to veggies because I eat them alongside meat? Do I call your choice to eat only vegetables an addiction? No. I call it what it is, a choice.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Two things.

First, I am all for the legalization of drugs, what adults do is there business. But that is anther debate for another thread.

Secondly, my bacon is not illicit as I do not live in Saudi Arabia, I live in the United Freaking States of America Bacon.

Ohhhhhh, saaaaaay does thaaaaaat Star Spangled Baaaaaaaconnnnnn yet wave.

Long live freedom!!!!!

Yes. I agree. What adults do is their business...but there are reasons why an addiction is classed as it is (regardless of what that addiction is - could be gambling)...

Its legality or illegality really has nothing to do with its harm indice.

Å99

link   
When asked if there were many Vegans in his country ... My Sicilian friend said ...

"No, we kill them so they do not spread"

I am Vegan

link   
No ones gonNA take my Native American perspective? Man they had some good meatz

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Å99

Å99
Yeah, I can give it up. I choose not to. It's personal choice, not an addiction. I enjoy Sushi. I enjoy a nice steak. I also enjoy the varied and wonderful veggies that make up the Japanese diet. I'm fond of food of all sorts. Am I addicted to veggies because I eat them alongside meat? Do I call your choice to eat only vegetables an addiction? No. I call it what it is, a choice.

I'm not asking you to give up meat

...i'm asking you to give me a reason beyond 'I like it'...

Å99

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I have no idea where you are going with the whole 'addiction' aspect.

I do not eat or crave meat everyday. However, I like to eat meat because it is delicious and a world of solely eating vegetative matter (unless it was that Schiavo person) would be boring as all hell.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: lysacid

Hay grows a whole lot faster and easier than a tomato or corn.
Once again, I grew up in a farm community. To properly raise a cow for the slaughterhouse requires MUCH more money and resources than using the same amount of land for farming. Yes hay and grains are cheap, but cows need space to move, to exercise, to graze, etc. That's space that cannot be cultivated.

And much of the land that cows can graze on is land that isn't suitable for intensive agriculture. Much of Western Kansas fits that description. You can raise a herd of grazing animals on it, but you can't grow food crops without irrigation. In that sense, the cows/sheep are much more environmentally friendly as large herd animals - buffalo - were what lived there in abundance before agriculture.
I hate to be a broken record, but I was raised around farms, my family was farmers and ranchers, my friends were farmers and ranchers. I worked the fields when I was old enough lug a bucket around. Even with irrigation (which was a necessity in New Mexico), it was MUCH cheaper to grow crops than to raise cattle. We had a few acres set aside for our own personal cattle, and a few to bring to market, and each year there was discussion as to whether just to give up the cattle and turn that acreage into farmland to help bring in more money.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I have no idea where you are going with the whole 'addiction' aspect.

I do not eat or crave meat everyday. However, I like to eat meat because it is delicious and a world of solely eating vegetative matter (unless it was that Schiavo person) would be boring as all hell.

An addict doesn't need or crave a drugs 'every day.

You cook. You cant make vegetables 'unboring'?

Å99

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join