It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's about time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hello all. I figure it would be proper to introduce myself before I go posting anything. First, I would like to say that I am so thankful for ATS and I've been visiting this web site for years. I always said I'm going to join someday, but never did. So it's about time I did join and take part in some discussions that interest me. I'm not sure how much I'll post, but when i'm "in the mood" I will be throwing in my two cents here and there.

I'd like to characterize myself as skeptical, but open minded. I generally do not agree with debunkers or believers. I'm interested in learning conspiracies but not a conspiracy theorist. I've been reading about UFO's and conspiracies since as long as I can remember. I had this mystery book my dad gave me that had everything from Big foot to the Loch Ness monster. As a kid, I've always been fascinated with the "unknown." I remember spending hours in the library (remember those?) just checking out UFO books and such. The first full book I read was Communion, reading with my dad who wasn't into that stuff, but glad I was at least reading "something."

As I got older and wiser I realize that a lot of people in these fields were really full of crap and a lot of bubbles of mine burst. I become more skeptic than just soaking things in like I was younger. These things still hold a major interest in my life, much like sci-fi movies for entertainment purposes. There are several interesting cases that I follow that seem legitimate. I have this eternal hope that something will be proven without a doubt, like alien visitation. Something in me just feels its true and needs to be verified. But the waters are so muddy and there are so many phonies out there. That's why I remain a healthy skeptic, it's the best approach.

I look forward to contributing my opinions.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, hi there, glad to see you finally signed up.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Great username. Welcome!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Welcome NYC!

If your introduction is any indication of your future posts, you'll get along just fine here!

Very well thought out.

I had a chance to visit NYC last summer, even stayed in lower Manhattan. Very friendly city...just super busy!

Welcome to the big ATS family!

JB

btw...first beers on me

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NYCUltra

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of topics are you into?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Accidentally posted 3 times
edit on 1/29/2015 by JBurns because: triple post removed

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sorry, had a glitch or something? Triple post
edit on 1/29/2015 by JBurns because: removed triple post..sorry!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

o

Thanks JB!

I work in midtown Manhattan and it is super busy, just part of the daily grind so I'm used to it.

I'm into a lot of different topics, ufos, space, life in the universe, alien visitation/abduction, black ops, advanced technology, ancient mysteries, really anything I find interesting. I entertain most conspiracies and develop my own opinion, but rarely believe them 100%. Not into politics, but like anything else I have my opinion. I'm not into "taking sides" because I just think it cripples your thought process.

top topics

join