It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP Accidentally Hire a Black DJ for their Christmas Party (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A number of stunned BNP members had to leave their own Christmas party because someone accidentally hired a black DJ. Apparantly there was a bit of confusion when the member who hired him believed he "sounded white" over the phone, and the remaining party members had to refrain from their usual hateful speeches so not to offend the DJ.

www.mirror.co.uk
A member of the far right group blundered by hiring the entertainer over the phone without meeting him first.

Party-going bigots were stunned when he turned out to be black. BNP organiser Bob Garner admitted yesterday: "Everyone was _ a bit alarmed when he turned up with his lights and console. A lot of people weren't happy. I wasn't, really. One or two walked out."

Garner said: "We had to be careful what we said. What are you supposed to do? Tell him to clear off. It was very, very embarrassing." Among the guests at the �12 a head function were BNP London mayoral candidate Julian Leppert and Euro spokesman Chris Roberts.
BNP spokesman Phill Edwards said upset members chose to leave the party in central London instead of insulting the DJ. He sneered: "So what's the problem?"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I know one is supposed to remain impartial here but I really have to say...I would've done anything to have been there just to have seen there faces once they realized, it must've been a picture.

What confuses me is if they're so proud of their beliefs and believe them rightiously, why keep your identity quiet and not speak your hateful thoughts? Does this not suggest a lack of conviction, or maybe even shame or guilt?

The best part though is the guy who hired the DJ not being any the wiser because he thought he "sounded white". If someone can judge the colour of someone over the phone it's the first I've heard of it, or maybe he just expected a black man to live up to his stereotypes over the phone.

new topics

join