It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Enthralled by Hatred

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kusinjo
WarnInIndy said:
"And so is the time to hate. You can't get around it. Jesus kept the whole law, and was obedient even unto death. Jesus couldn't go against Ecclesiastes, could He? "

Let's just remember that Hate is defined as REJECTION as in "there is a time to LOVE and a time to REBUKE".

The word HATE does not mean what people think it does, hence, it is used improperly by most.

You can Love what you hate. God loves EVERYTHING but some things he HATES.

Absolutely there comes a time when you have to reject things and sometimes some people, that's called tough love.

Remember, the prodigal son's dad wasn't out looking for him to beg him to come home and certainly when the prodigal son came home, they killed the fatted calf, but the sad truth was that the father had to say to the prodigal that even though he loved him and was so glad for him to be home, all the inheritance that was squandered, that was it.

Luke 15:29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: 30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. 31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. 32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Even though the older brother stayed at home and was angry over the treatment of the younger brother when he came home, it was still a case of tough love because the younger brother might be home but had squandered everything and there was no more inheritance for him.

Tough thing to think about.

But let's think about this...how many young women get beat in this country by the man whom she claims that she loves and that he loves her? Is it love to allow him to keep beating her? Or if she rejects him finally, to whom is she more loving toward?

It's not wrong to reject a person when the situation calls for it, but this "turn the other cheek" is taken way too literal by victims of domestic abuse, men and women both. They have been conditioned to believe that if you "love" them, you must "forgive" them, until someone ends up dead.

I think love, grace and forgiveness are also misconstrued. It is love to discipline a child and not give it everything it thinks it wants and not allow it to do whatever it wants.

God chastises those He loves. But people reject the chastisement, because they think God is love therefore can't do unloving things. Sometimes you do have to hate something, because rejecting it might just save your life or the life of someone else.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I do not understand what you mean by 'social gospel'. I am a Catholic and I accept no other labels.

Although this conversation is unrelated, and I would like it to end after this(which it most likely will not), I will satisfy your question, not with views taken from some 'social gospel', but from what I know of scripture and what I have learned from Catholic authors or philosophers.

Mary of Lazarus washed with her hair Jesus feet in the house of Simon the Pharisee. At that moment he had only his Apostle John with him(I think). All of the Pharisees that saw this being done were scandalized, after all she was a prostitute, and Jesus was such a holy man(to them). What they knew of holy men was Indignation towards women like Mary. Their 'holy men' were the pharisees who would later crucify Jesus. Jesus did not have indignation towards her, instead he forgave her with just a few words, and rebuked the indignant ones.

Now to the quote which you stated, I do not understand how it relates to your argument let alone supports it because Jesus rebukes the indignant ones again but these were his very own disciples. Judas did not care about her love for Jesus, he had only the love for the Jesus political party. How many times Jesus told them that he would die and raise not a worldly kingdom but the Spiritual Kingdom. The disciples were worried about His campaign and his favor with the crowds, whereas Mary gave to CHARITY out of love for her God, for her God

<< 1  2   >>

join