It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aliens and UFO forum seems to be less active than in the past

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

But it also has a lot of "blinded by believe" who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge very simple hoaxes as hoaxes.

I have not seen for a very long time, something that couldn't be debunked relatively easy, but that only goes for videos.

Personal stories are different as they can not be debunked entirely, you can only point out flaws in the story, which only brings debate.

People should not be scared away from debating...

edit on 29-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Blinded by belief? I have seen people simply bringing unseen stories footage or personal evidence here and being laughed off the boards. No constructive criticism here, complete destruction to the degree that never again will information be shared by such people. If that is the goal, well played.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

There will always be people who will "troll" such topic, but there at the same time people who would like to discuss.

I see the opposite of what you describe, that the troll's get ignored and the rest is discussing, but i don't click every thread so i might be wrong.

Think i will hang out in the UFO forum later to see if it is as you say...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

There will always be people who will "troll" such topic, but there at the same time people who would like to discuss.

I see the opposite of what you describe, that the troll's get ignored and the rest is discussing, but i don't click every thread so i might be wrong.

Think i will hang out in the UFO forum later to see if it is as you say...

You probably wont see it much anymore. Too many were ran off by the sounds of it.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

If we go with no aliens or what ever extra human origins, we end up with nothing more than hidden human tech of human originated fantasy.

If we go with some form of extra human origins we have a much bigger field of play. A MUCH BIGGER FIELD OF PLAY.

When I had my sightings back in the old days, the field was basically some kine of extraterrestrial in space ships. The ways and whys they were here were hardly even wondered about. The only thing that was wondered about was "were they". Back then,in the 50s and 60s if most people were asked if there were aliens where might they have come from, they would have answered Mars. Back then the idea of hidden human tech was hardly considered by most either. Most just chalked it up to human fantasy.

But we are no longer back then. Now the speculation runs the gamut from all the types of phyisical aliens and alien confederations and federations and galaxy spanning empires at war with one another to all kinds of interdimentional manifestations and time travel and on and on.

And almost each one of these positions have believers who present their beliefs in complex details and swear by all that they say. A panoply of possibilities.

And what do we have as proof of any of this quiet or wild proclamations? Two things.

A guy with a bad hair cut on TV telling us everything is possible and and ...... lights in the sky.

In a recent alien thread here, I said I was pissed. Pissed that the whole field was so rehash rehash rehash. Where are they if they are real. Where are they. Flashing lights, hummmpp

Until we can get some better sightings confirmed by masses of people I think things will remain as they are. More will watch the big sci fi movies and crap sci fi movies and all will become fodder for fantasy promoters.

There I go venting again.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I meant going back in the forum, not new threads.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

I meant going back in the forum, not new threads.

Oh gosh, you're going to have to start with 2009 or so and work your way up. Lots of digging

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Nah, just check the most obvious one, to see if there is a pattern, it's weekend so have plenty of time...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have been reading a lot of topics in that forum lately, and it seems that a growing number of people are criticizing skeptics, when they should be embracing us. What good are theories without recognition and intelligent peer review? Without debunking, its just another UFO story.

When they stand up to rigorous scrutiny however, they tend to stick closer to the strict regimen of science.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've posted personal experiences, and I also helped debunk the hell out of a mylar balloon. I just haven't seen much of anything to peak a discussion or intelligent debate. There's a lot of back and forth:

"It was this!"
"No, it was this perfectly normal earthly object/proven natural phenomena."
"NO IT WASN'T. I hate you for debunking me but I won't give you any reason why I think it's actually a UFO. It was in the sky!!"
"Ok."

End of thread... No one provides any reasoning.

Or I just stop reading because sometimes a balloon is just a balloon no matter how hard you wish/scream.

link   
Duplicate
edit on 29-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

link   
Duplicate

link   

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

What site are you looking at? Not the ATS A/UFO forum that's for certain.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yeah there were lots of bogus YT videos and hoaxes hat were slipping through before the membership caught on, 99% garbage posted to make someone else some quick beer money.

The "debunkers" you speak of ran themselves off by not giving anyone with a story to tell any quarter or even room to finish telling it. It was ugly.

Right now it's apparently at an equilibrium that works (or as close to it as a few thousand individuals with their own beliefs will ever get) and is skimming through the crap quickly while allowing those with something genuine (even if only in their eyes) room to speak.

It's pretty good actually, you may possibly think it's slow because the hoaxers from back in 2008 - 2012 realized they can't peddle their crap here, thus the amount of useless YT video threads has greatly diminished, thankfully.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The overall post count may be the same, but the whole focus has shifted into debunking first.. and never say anything about actual aliens or you'll be crucified.

Any actual theory.. is swept under the rug.. or hit hard with the "it's ours but i cant tell you what it is" meme.

Hell we even have posters here who's very handle is a mockery of the threads they post in, and all they do is put down anything not wrapped in a "known science" wrapper.. we also have a few mods that should back away from the forum as they are totally biased in their skepticism (everything's a black op or fake)... it's not the 1st time this has happened either springer.. (must be a occupational hazard.. )

It's as if we've stagnated as a race, there is only us.. there will only ever be us.. and anyone who thinks differently is a loon.. that's the paradigm now pushed in the A-UFO forum.. and that's why you now have posters questioning the validity of the very forum we loved..

It's not just the A-UFO forum though.. it's anything outside of the box.. so much noise.. not a lot of actual theorem.
It's a blessing when a thread actually gets to questions about our existence.. and it's somewhat rare.

That is a rather disturbing trend.

All the fakers don't help either, those with things to sell or 2 hour videos to push.. but we know who they are, we know those story's well.. and normally you don't need a debunker/skeptic to run that noise off.. however.. we now have a new problem wherein anyone with a story/capture is swept up by the big tube fakers and re-posted on mega channels... thus rendering any capture utterly pointless as it's now an instant fake.. even if it was never a fake to start with.

I know so many people that used to care about anything esoteric/unexplained, now they don't, and it's not just a ATS problem it's a internet problem as a whole. It's encompassed the whole entire esoteric field.. and until something undeniable happens we're all at a huge loss.
edit on 30-1-2015 by Xarian6 because: spelin..

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I'm glad that ATS was able to contend with that while maintaining the excellent level of discussion that goes on in there!

Some of the stories I've read were incredible. I feel that ATS is probably the last place on Earth someone would be immediately debunked, without full attention and consideration first being applied. That's just our way here ATS

Cheers to the hard work & dedication to keeping this place a fair and open forum for all!

JB

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

It's not just the A-UFO forum though.. it's anything outside of the box.. so much noise.. not a lot of actual theorem. It's a blessing when a thread actually gets to questions about our existence.. and it's somewhat rare.

Here is an example on that you are wrong, it's a different topic but shows the attention and interesting discussion members are pulling out of the hat when something interesting and out of the ordinary is coming up.
It is also a questionable topic, like UFO's.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

It's about the gold and the crap, and the separation of it, one day it will be the UFO topic that takes the top, but as you say "they are rare", and thats the beauty of it...

edit on 30-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The aliens finally came to the conclusion that the Earth is beyond their ability to help and have left for another star system.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think UFO season hasn't started yet.. I guess from spring to autumn you can pick them like berries from a tree out of the skies..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join