It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aliens and UFO forum seems to be less active than in the past

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ive noticed less traffic on this UFO/ET forum than in the past. Have the skeptics and debunkers ran off a lot of the believers? I remember a time when there were posts and replies almost every minute on the minute here on the UFO forum. That is not the case anymore. There seems to be considerable less activity on this forum than 3-4 years ago.

What good is a Conspiracy forum if you don't have that balance between believer and skeptic/debunker? When or if that pendulum tilts too far in either direction, then all you're left with is a very dry and boring forum. It turns into a huge Kumbaya fest.

I used to troll these forums and not post during 2009-2013 or so. I remember a lot more activity here during those years than we have now. I see this UFO forum go 4-5 hours at a time before a single thread or reply is made these days.

Are believers being ran off of this website? Or are there still believers but less skeptics and debunkers than before? What is the cause in the downshift of overall activity across the board on this UFO forum?

Anyway, I must say that this UFO forum was a lot more exciting a few years ago. Today, its very bland, dry and boring. You need a good balance of things and right now, the balance is thrown completely off.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
We just got the answers from that former member with the same name as the Jetson's dog... most of the UFOs seen are high tech we got from our previous space faring civilization through tutelage from an ancient AI we dug up in Africa, silly... keep up.

And thinking about it, I'm only being 5/7 funny.

ETA and yeah, the humorless, wonderless skeptics of all not measurable DO suck some of the fun outta it... but we need 'em.
edit on 1/29/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I had sightings years ago and have been interested in the topic for decades . But I for one have had enough of other people reporting lights in the sky over and over and over. And more there seems to be hardly anything new beyond this. LIghts.

Also there is now all the alien theory stuff on tv all the time. Most of it rehash. Young people getting excited about stuff they watched on TV. Stuff that happened or did't, years ago. Maybe age has just jaded me.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I stopped reporting my experiences and sightings because it tended to generate "real world" harassment after I posted.

Hate to be the one to say it, but yeah....I've gone dark because of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think it's lack of new exiting cases, it's pretty much cut down to rehash of old cases, or the occasional Youtube.

The topic really is in need for something to surprise and wow us, but it's simply not there.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So you think a case of the "Same ole same ole" is why this forum has less overall activity than 3-4 years ago? You don't think its a case of skeptics/debunkers running off too many of the believers or vice versa?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

He who shall not be named did ruin things didn't he?

In one fell swoop he confirmed that aliens didn't visit us because they didn't know we were here. Confirmed Gods existence. Quite offhandedly btw. That we have a colony on another planet. Then told us there are aliens out there who were surprised we even existed.

So all the stuff you see flying about is just Top Secret government craft..... that's why I now mostly hand out in the airplane forum.

Life is dull now.

edit on 29-1-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's actually about the same or maybe a little up the last couple weeks. You have to realize that we just came through the HOLIDAYS, the slowest time of year for sites like ATS.

FWIW, traffic for this forum is up about 5% over last year for this week.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I remember posters like Maybe Maybe Not, Doomsdayrex and a few others who used to make this forum fun. They were skeptics, but they added flavor with their posts and didn't just make blanket statements.

And yeah, I have to wonder how many believers were ran off this forum that used to post about their experiences but were chastised for it and they went dark because of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

No, i think it's a completely normal evolution when we are presented with fake and hoaxes constantly, people lose trust in the topic, the debunkers are only debunking what should be debunked IMO, and if there is nothing in between the debunked cases, it loses interest.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
It's actually about the same or maybe a little up the last couple weeks. You have to realize that we just came through the HOLIDAYS, the slowest time of year for sites like ATS.

hrmmm, then maybe I am just remembering wrong then. I seem to recall this forum being a lot more active back around 2009-2011 or so. By active i mean actual posts and replies to unique threads and whatnot. Not just overall viewing traffic, but actual participation on the UFO forum itself.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Others,, like myself, would disagree

a reply to: Mianeye

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

In which way do you disagree ?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

By the way, do you have a way of showing average posts per day now compared to the last 5 or 6 years on this forum? Like maybe a year by year breakdown of average posts/replies on a day by day basis on this UFO forum dating back to 2009? For example, take 2010 and combine all the statistics for that year and come up with (example) 50 posts per day for that year alone.

I don't mean just unique threads. I mean everything. Posts and replies both.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This site has more apparent ufo experts than the whole of history. From video to radar to simple psychological profilers. It's enough for one 'heavyweight' to call hoax to initiate a torrent of followers and the death of a thread ensues.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I never had any empirical evidence. Most of my sightings have been too brief in duration to grab a camera.

The most interesting of all these recent cases was a few years ago.

I actually had my camera out trying to capture the phenomena, but the parking lot lights were too bright and the camera I had in tow didn't have night-vision capabilities. A shame, as it was a light show nearly the whole damn town could see if they were looking skyward....complete with a military response towards the "lighted crafts" before they went dark and disappeared from view.

But yeah, word of mouth means nothing anymore....everyone wants videos or a body to dissect, and I'm not interested in playing that game any longer. Too much work on my part, and not enough worthwhile payoff to make it worth my time.

So it goes.

edit on 1/29/15 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
After a while, it becomes repetitive to debunk videos over and over again. You're only going to get a terrestrial or secret military craft explanation for UFO related phenomena. No fun in that. This might as well just be the UFO forum because I rarely see any topics or threads dedicated or pertaining to the likelihood of aliens being a reality.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
On top of that, when they just use gang bully tactics I can't say I blame you. At all!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yeah, the bullying does get old.

I just wanted to compare notes with others in the field, not wade through all the negative b.s. out there.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
This site has more apparent ufo experts than the whole of history. From video to radar to simple psychological profilers. It's enough for one 'heavyweight' to call hoax to initiate a torrent of followers and the death of a thread ensues.

Yeah, I noticed that the overall parroting and coattail riding bandwagons are a lot worse these days on the UFO forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join