It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has ebola disappeared from MSM?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Back in July of 2014, you couldn't turn on any MSM news channel without hearing of,the 'catastrophic threat' Ebola virus disease posed to us.

Since then, almost suddenly, they stopped airing stories related to EBHF. Many suspect that this is simply a result of lack of sensationalism that drives MSM. However, others have speculated that something more sinister may be occurring.

Here are a few of the more "speculative" theories: (at a minimum, its an interesting thought)

1) Ebola is a much greater threat than were being lead to believe. The CDC doesn't want to create a panic.

Although this is always possible, I believe they'd only do this if it was likely to cause chaos while being unlikely to save lives.

2) It was a failed bioweapons test.

This one is more possible, considering Castle Bravo was way larger than expected. Perhaps they lost containment? Plausible.

3) The government fears accusations of complicity.

Considering they literally own the patent to Ebola, this is a possibility.

Which is most likely? IMO, the first idea that its lost its sensational qualities.

But what do you think? Conspiracy or lack of interest?
edit on 1/29/2015 by JBurns because: correction

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I think it had something to do with the "CZAR" that was assigned to monitor and shut down stories that occur, also new rules went out to the media that no stories could be reported unless first run through the Ebola "Czar". Can't wait til we get a climate "Czar", vaccine "czar" and truth "Czar".... :>)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

BB, thanks for the info!

To what end do you feel this censoring is happening? Do you believe its because of a grave threat?
edit on 1/29/2015 by JBurns because: autocorrect error

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well it's once again on the news tonight. The number of new cases seems to be dropping for the first time.
Click here

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

edit on 29-1-2015 by dreamingawake because: editing...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Because its not an issue anymore. Replaced with other more important items. No more disappearing planes, kidnapped African schoolgirls, snowstorms... whatever.

The one thing you learn here at ATS...is just how FAST things become "non-issues". That gives you an idea of how things work in the media.

Hey, there are 10 people observed in Michigan for Ebola a few weeks ago...didnt hear much either. And how many MORE in all the other places is there for real now? Who knows?

And wheres the missing plane? Who knows. The Kardashians are more important news sadly.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I guess because people have short attention spans these days. People got bored with it, they sensed it then moved on to the next fear-based story. Now it's measles, next it will probably be smallpox or something.

Ebola was never a huge threat, the media made it out like it was but it wasn't.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The MSM found out that the only news that was worthy, was from west africa, and there was no real threat to western society, so they dumped it cause "nobody" cares about west africa.

edit on 29-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Does anyone remember when the country was on the brink of riots in the streets of every major city over the whole "we are the 99%" stuff?

All of those riots were basically shut down overnight when the people pulling strings announced their plans to ruin our internet with pipa/sopa/cispa or whatever it was.

A few weeks later the people united in celebration because we stopped them.

A few months later, the 99% are just as #ed as always, the 1% went ahead and shut the 99% up, stopped the riots, and then passed their silly internet regulation rules all the same.

Ebola either didn't accomplish what they wanted, or they got bored with it and moved on. What is it this month? Race riots? the police problem? people forgetting to think of the children?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
because whatever ebola was supposed to distract us from, has been taken care of.
but something else is brewing, their startin to talk about measles more and more.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Maybe an excuse to get into West Africa and exploit their resources? Seems like the public is tired of wars, perhaps TPTB figure conquering them under the guise of humanitarianism is a better bet?

I can't deny Ebola is dangerous and it does pose a threat to humanity, however I believe the entire media debacle was nothing more than a ratings boost, more clicks, distractions (from something much bigger (don't ask me just seems reasonable)) and another excuse to introduce more restrictions on people. Checkpoints to check for a disease may not seem like much of a big deal but look at the state of things, they start out small and slow.

And fear. Constantly making people afraid. Of their neighbors, foreigners, politicians, their own families.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Because whatever agenda they were pushing/hiding is now complete. I may be in the minority, but I said from the beginning that ebola was not a real threat. My theory is that the US along with funding by Bill Gates, were testing weaponized ebola on the people of West Africa. Whether it was to patent and create certain vaccines, or something more sinister I am not sure, but I do believe the whole thing was contrived. I also believe the "cases" of the nurses and doctors were fake as well. Anytime someone is the victim of something, they are ALWAYS on the news making the rounds, the interviews and the like. Notice there has not been any interview except for the obligatory press conference when they were released. Also remember how the total number of cases was going to be over one million cases in Janurary? Not even close!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

So what about the scientist who traced the Ebola strain to come from bat's, were they lying, and is it possible to maintain such a lie, without other scientist to shout out ?

I mean just because the MSM or a group of scientist tells a lie isn't equal with everyone believing it....

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Because the Western media could no longer milk their precious ratings from fear. The pragmatists were right. Ebola never posed a threat to the West. We had a few isolated cases but no epidemic. Once this returned to being a strictly African problem the MSM knew their viewers wouldn't care. Thus they no longer run stories on it.

That said BBC actually had an article about it today. Apparently researchers at Institut Pasteur have found that the virus is mutating. Odds are that it will never become airborne. At the same time though what they are seeing is a virus that is becoming less deadly but more contagious. We're starting to see a higher number of asymptomatic patients. While not as scary as airborne Ebola this is still serious. One of the reasons Ebola was never going to become a pandemic is because of its lethality. If that changes and it becomes more contagious then things start getting iffy.

Source

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Hey that certainty wouldn't be the first time the US government experimented with BSL4 weapons.

Supposedly smallpox was developed or considered for use n the past. Anyone heard anything on this?

Wonder if there's any markers you'd expect to find indicating genetic alterations and such?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Very frightening prospect presented here Xc!

Indeed if they were to be more contagious and not quite so suck, their likelihood of travel is much greater.

So, there certainly is a great destructive potential here.

What do you think the chances of this becoming an existential threat?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

VERY little ,it's far too fast to spread all over and requires liquid transferr.
AKA not so scary really,unless you create a WHOLE lot of carriers who sneeze all over everyone they meet.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ebola was just there to keep us occupied until they ramped up Isis .

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Megadeath wrote a song along the lines of why....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Everyone's all in on deflated balls right now....:>)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join