It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why not just live your life???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
this is a good question for conspiracy lovers (like me) and other people too...

the question is:

"why not just live your life and not think about conspiracies???"

what you do not know cannot hurt you correct???

or is this just ignorance???

i love conspiracies and all but if i stop thinking about them would my life change that much??? ( besides being very board
)

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
To quote The matrix:

Cypher: "ignorance is bliss"

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Im beginning to feel the same way, conspiracy theorys breed like flys and get more weird and elaborate every generation. Maybe its a conspiracy to distract us from the real conspiracys?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Im beginning to feel the same way, conspiracy theorys breed like flys and get more weird and elaborate every generation. Maybe its a conspiracy to distract us from the real conspiracys?

today, conspiracies just make me laugh rather than think:

"maybe it is true"...

i mean, theories like "jesus was a bastard" and "the sun is a planet and aliens are living inside of it" are plain stupid...

but, like i said, they are fun to read...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm no conspiracy theorist but it�s only logical that there are thinks being hidden from general public and other weird things going on that we shouldn�t know about. Whether one wants to snoop into these things is all up to them... I do enjoy reading some of them sometimes and get a good laugh at governments reactions to uncovered programs...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

today, conspiracies just make me laugh rather than think:

"maybe it is true"...

i mean, theories like "jesus was a bastard" and "the sun is a planet and aliens are living inside of it" are plain stupid...

but, like i said, they are fun to read...

There is always a lot of "rubbish" there where you can find some important informations. Unfortunately nobody knows an entire truth -I see conspiracy forums more like boxes of puzzles -in every box you find matching items for your own personal picture of truth

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul

There is always a lot of "rubbish" there where you can find some important informations. Unfortunately nobody knows an entire truth -I see conspiracy forums more like boxes of puzzles -in every box you find matching items for your own personal picture of truth

yup...

whenever i find a conspiracy that could be true or the "best one i have read", i find an even better one that could be true...

it is so hard to choose which ones are true and the best

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

it is so hard to choose which ones are true and the best

I trust my guts
using gray cells also helps

besides I'm big fan of science fiction -there is always sth there which goes to the surface later on - look at the 1984...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

"why not just live your life and not think about conspiracies???"

To some extent that is very sound advice and it should really be taken seriously. It reminds me of something I read about Lord of the Rings and a certain character that is in the book but didn't make it into the movie.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil's importance derives from his apparent status as a survivor of an age long before the current one, and his attitude to the conflict brewing in Middle Earth. In a story of Good versus Evil, with everyone of every race and stripe joining with one or the other side, Tom and his lady friend stand out as being somehow removed from the conflict. This is incredibly important, in that Tom might have been a parent, who can smile at the antics of his children �playing war�, step in to right any wrongs in his immediate neighborhood, but otherwise, chooses not to participate in the fray.

Tom Bombadil chooses to create his reality of simply dealing with the issues at hand, and otherwise choosing a reality somewhat different from the others. In the midst of his almost constant singing, Tom is clearly a very happy camper, and along with his lady friend, share a delightful existence. This raises the question of whether or not anyone is obligated, for any reason, to stand up and be counted, to enter into combat with the forces of evil (or simply support the forces of good), and/or to participate in any war of however greater or lesser importance. Any war! One on drugs, terror, or simply a Revolution.

Tom Bombadil may possibly set a marvelous example of choosing his own reality, and simply choosing to not participate in the collective realities of those who see war as the only alternative, or those who �wage peace.� For both of the latter acquiesce to the reality of the duality of good and evil.

what you do not know cannot hurt you correct???

Well, sometimes what you don't know can in fact kill you, but I suppose it all ultimately depends on the situation. Personally, I think the most important thing isn't so much 'knowing all there is to know', but simply and honestly to 'Know Thyself'. (Nosce te ipsum - Latin & Gn�thi saut�n - Greek)

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
To live life without conspricies would be to know all and not have anything hidden from you but sometimes we need things hidden from us or else we would break down, or at least people who cant handle the truth.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Well, sometimes what you don't know can in fact kill you, but I suppose it all ultimately depends on the situation. Personally, I think the most important thing isn't so much 'knowing all there is to know', but simply and honestly to 'Know Thyself'. (Nosce te ipsum - Latin & Gn�thi saut�n - Greek)

yup...

sometimes what you don't know can kill you...

but i rather live my life than worry about if terrorists are going to nuke NY...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

yup...

sometimes what you don't know can kill you...

but i rather live my life than worry about if terrorists are going to nuke NY...

Oh yeah, of course. That is true for a few different reasons in fact. For example:

1.) Worrying about both Past and/or Future events only promises one thing for sure and that is to distract you from living in the present. Some people spend their entire lives worring and thinking about everything but what is actually happening in the Now only to finally realize they're out of time and they have spent their entire lives and only experienced a tiny fraction of what was happening.

2.) If you live your life based upon the actions of Terrorists or things of that nature, you are simply living a life based upon fear, which is certainly not a life worth living. Even worse is the fact that in doing so usually results in a prolonged existance making your life of fear just that much more of a burden. In fact this reminds me of a old Buddhist tale:

A man travelling across a field encountered a tiger. He fled, the tiger after him. Coming at a precipice, he caught hold of the root of a wild vine and swung himself down over the edge. The tiger sniffed after him from above. Trembling, the man looked down to where, far below, another tiger was waiting to eat him. Only the vine sustained him.

Two mice, one white and one black, little by little started to gnaw on the vine. The man saw a luscious strawberry near him. Grasping the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other. How sweet it tasted!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
niiice tale...

it is kinda' funny...

he stopped worrying about the lions and the mice and cared for the strawberry...

great message

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
To not think about possible conspiracies is to not believe in Truth...

I'm not saying that everything on this site is true (far from it), but within the mutiple threads and links is a powerful body of evidence that the Truth is out there and will not be silenced...

I find the whole thing kinda noble...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
To not think about possible conspiracies is to not believe in Truth...

I'm not saying that everything on this site is true (far from it), but within the mutiple threads and links is a powerful body of evidence that the Truth is out there and will not be silenced...

I find the whole thing kinda noble...

plus...

if we didn't care fo conspiracies, ATS wouldn't exist

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
because there are too many missing pieces and this world is and would be nothing without conspiracy. It basically drives a person. Just think if religion wasn't around - people would go nuts. And...religion is a conspiracy, just an accepted one in these times.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
personally.

Just do you, its easy and simple. You want conspiraces, you got it. You want to live your life as a bum, you got it.

You want it all, you got it!

Life is short, so do what you want with it.

Like I said, Im living my life the way I want too. Becuase I know what I want, and Ive got it!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The quest for knowledge is human nature, but nothing sparks our interest more than when it is hidden from us. Folks could spend their lunch-breaks reading and educating themselves, but instead they spend it gossiping about everyone in the office. As soon as someone says to you "I can't tell you", we just have to know what it is, even if we're bored with the answer when we finally do find out. We tire of our lovers and spouses once the mystery is gone.

If the government came out tomorrow and said that International bankers shot JFK, we'd say, "ohhhh, see? I knew it!" and then move on to something else, or we'd deny the explanation and insist that something deeper is still being hidden.

It's the mystery and the promise of hidden knowledge that keeps us going on conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think that after a certain amount of research you become "engrained" with the subject matter.

A point of no return. Or at least that's the way the avid conspiracy researcher looks at it.

Some things, when you see how false they are, or how controlled people as a whole are, they can change you.

When you see the world in normal ignorance, it seems free, open, unpredictable.

After you research and cross a point where you see alterior motives, corruption, control, your view is much more cynical than the common person.

And for some that means viewing everything in that manner.

They feel tainted with what they know, or what they think they know.

Everyone sees the same things really, but from a different vantage point.

It's how you deal with what you're seeing that determines how you react.

Be a mindless prisoner?

Wake up and then feel like a outsider, confined to a life of bleak outlooks, harsh truths and cold reality?

Wake up and realize that you are fortunate to see the world as you do. Care not to convince everyone else of your view, but rather enjoy what you see, as few others get to see it as well?

SEE:

All choices in a man's life come with consequence.

Those consequences shape and alter the future choices that can be presented to you.

Until you are one day faced with the fact that you have created an in-escapable situation that was engineered by your very thoughts and actions.

It then is how you accept this position that really matters.

Good luck with the path you decide to take.

Choice is the only truth and only freedom that you truly have.

X
[Edit: Thank you, Jazzgul. It is appreciated.]

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Xatnys]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You have voted Xatnys for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join