It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awoke to sound of crunching snow, saw figure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So I've been homeless for about 3 weeks and sleeping in my car (psycho ex-gf and now ex best friend who kicked me out because of my 2 year old; long story). It's been really cold the past few nights so the snow is extra crunchy when walked on. I'm in and out of sleep since I'm getting used to a cramped space and trying to stay warm while attempting to get the most out of 4 hours of sleep.

A few nights ago I awoke after finally dozing off to what sounded like someone walking behind my car crunching through the snow with their "steps". The downstairs neighbors recycle bin and garbage cans are 2 feet behind me so I blew it off as they were taking things out...but it was 3am and freezing cold and as I thought about it I decided that was highly unlikely. There are cats and an occasional racoon that hang out going through garbage cans. That morning however there were absolutely no foot prints or disturbed snow around the bin or cans.

Last night I awoke to the same sound. But this time it sounded like the bins were being shaken, as if someone was searching for something. This was around 2am. I was pretty tired from lack of sleep so I fell asleep rather quickly (around midnight). I block all my windows and top of the back seats with blankets to help keep the warm air centralized. After the sounds ended I bolted upright and yanked down the back seat blanket just in time to see a tall figure turn the corner at the end of the fence line. The bin and cans are about 15 feet from the end of the fence line so whatever the figure was moved quickly without the sound of crunching snow. This morning when I got up there were still no signs of footprints and the entire area around the bins were not disturbed. The bins were full of snow and the snow inside the bins were also not disturbed.

During the summer a random guy or two would go house to house to find nickel returns (cans/bottles) and take them. I've seen him come up on the front porch and take beer bottles, and even circle the back of the house. But it was bitter bitter cold last night and I couldn't imagine him out and about.

Now I sleep lightly and awake to the slightest noises. I'm either hallucinating from lack of sleep or something is messing me...I will be sleeping in my car for one last time tonight as I move into an apartment finally tomorrow. This has been on my mind all day and I needed to share it. I also love typing I apologize for the lengthy essay :p

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Nothing to add my friend except I did find your post interesting & for you to stay stay safe and I hope you get moved in ok and get some proper sleep.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
At a house where I rented a room, around 4am i was hearing very scary things, up the road i saw a humanoid creature, fat looking, had a bag. It was observing the grass as if it was mindless and had never seen before. I was in an upscale neighborhood far from downtown. I moved and randomly heard a bag dragging back and forth in front on the road, eventually it stopped.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That is an interesting story, thanks. Do you have an address where I can send you a ten spot? Good luck, brother... a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As the self-admitted winter wuus of this place, oh how I bow deeply to your endurance skills! Were I in your place, I surely would have perished by now. I celebrate the thought of your moving day tomorrow and wish you the very best for a new beginning.

As for what you saw or heard, I do know from experience that racoons are sneaky little thieves and my family and I have battled against their scavenging skills for ages. No footsteps or disturbance in the snow can be attributed to night time temperatures and it could depend on the texture of the crusty surface as to whether there would be indentations perhaps?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting story and crappy circumstances... glad you are getting a cozy pad.

I wish I had insight into it... all I have is that I believe you, this weird stuff happens... seemingly to some of us more than others, but location and even mental state ( and I don't mean standard "crazy" though that happens as well ) has a lot to do with it, too... and it's been going on for a looong time and given many names and reasons.... and it, the paranormal, might have a whole bunch of causes... not just one thing.

My best guesses are that intelligence isn't dependent on a physical body and strangely, neither are some physical effects on our physical environment... and that intrusions, or glimpses, from other places can happen when circumstances are right... fat lotta good that does.

But there do seem to be some non-physical beings around... the universe likely has (zillions of) energy critters with and without physical bodies and there are likely other universes... or at the least, dimensions of this universe we can't perceive.

If you get any solid leads, please do report! eta and of course, it might've been some stealthy dude who walks lightly and the snow was too cold/hard to leave footprints... however, weird seemingly crazy stuff happens.
edit on 1/29/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/29/2015 by Baddogma because: hard

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
At a house where I rented a room, around 4am i was hearing very scary things, up the road i saw a humanoid creature, fat looking, had a bag.

a reply to: sanitizedinfo

Santa? Just kidding.

a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

That's freaky. Did you get a good look at it? Maybe you should park somewhere else, just in case.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Skid Mark because: edit

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm not scared of whatever it is or who it is honestly. My doors are locked and I wake up fairly easily. I'm actually so curious by now that tonight I'm keeping my phone on the charger and video camera ready. The snow was dusty on the surface of the hard patch of ice underneath it as we've had snow, warm weather, freezing weather and just the other day more snow. I plan on taking pictures of the area around the bins and of the location where I last saw the figure for reference. I don't do drugs or drink and I believe (personal opinion rather) I'm of sound mind. To be honestly I'm rather excited.

I live in upstate NY, 2 hours south of Rochester, just above the PA border, Elmira NY. There is a cat that hangs around and squirrels, but like I said it was around 0 degrees F last night so any wandering critters were brave. Thank you for the concern. I actually sleep in the drive way of my ex girlfriend's apartment as I don't want to be on the road, and also I have no where else to watch my 2 1/2 year old daughter. My parents live about 45 minutes away, and in my Xterra the gas it uses wouldn't allow me to maximize my money saving.

I deal with it as a challenge that I know I can overcome. I purchased a queen size down comforter and a fleece blanket (I'll use for my new bed anyways) and I have full gear for skiing so as for warmth I do pretty well. After 4 hours however any traces of heat are sucked right out of the vehicle so I switch from breathing mild air to hiding my head under the blankets lol.

I really hope this happens again tonight. My curiosity sometimes overpowers common sense and sense of safety. I have two alarms set for the times I remember checking my phone so I can wake up and check the surrounding area.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

InfinityandBeyond - my heart goes out to you that you are in such a position. And as for your two year old, the poor little dear. Kids act out due to issues in their lives. Where is the heart? Your story breaks my heart.

I have said a prayer of protection for you tonight. If you are fearful call out to Jesus. Say it aloud - nothing messes with the name of Jesus.

Sleep well and sweet dreams.

P.S. I love typing too!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I appreciate the sweet comments. I'm not one for pity parties, as I remind myself regardless of my situation others have it worse than I do. I deal with what I have because I'm alive and staying positive keeps me in a good mood for my daughter and my life. I had actually asked the ex if I could stay on the couch just until I move into my place and I was met with a lot of anger and was told I'm ruining her life. I've known her for 13 years, dated for the last 4. She told me I was only trying to make her feel bad and she was irritated. I'm not fearful. I take life's turns with strong shoulders and a stern look. If it's going to happen it's going to be while I'm facing it, know what I mean? It certainly does feel good talking about it, but the more challenges I face and overcome the stronger and more confident I feel. The ex and I were not meant to be together, and my daughter (Paisley) came along at the perfect time. She's a good mother, but as a mate has a lot of growing up to do.

I do appreciate all of you being concerned, interested, and offering terms of endearment. Too much negativity in the world these days and any positive energy is welcome. I always pay it forward as I believe kindness will spread like a virus, a ripple effect.

a reply to: ccseagull

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You have more guts and curiosity than I do, ha ha.

Well sir, you have the most amazing outlook, sense and drive. And sound like a stand out father.

I too don't believe in pity parties but I do believe in sharing because we never know what the other person can find that helps them. All we struggle through does make us stronger and wiser.

Keep up the great job. How about hot water bottles to keep the heat in longer (??).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I considered that. But doesn't hot water freeze faster? Haha. The windows by morning are frosted from my breath :p Wal-Mart sells heating blankets that plug right into the DC outlets, and being an off-road vehicle (do other vehicles have this?) it has a constant running DC outlet. It's only one more night though. I read somewhere that if you look at someone or something to looks cold (snow for example) your body temp actually drops in temperature. It's not true in the opposite otherwise I would have beach videos playing on you tube on my phone haha. I used to work for the gas field in PA and during the winter, soaking wet, 18 hour work days, you get used to the cold and don't forget it.

a reply to: ccseagull

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Just don't drain your battery running a heating blanket off that power supply. If you have a relatively new one you probably won't. Dude, I was going to offer you my couch until I saw where you were, you're a little north of me. Best to you and I hope you get moved into that nice warm place you said you're getting tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Your story is inspiring, makes my problems seem easy to overcome. Interesting that this paranormal event is taking place at this point in your situation.

With the information you have provided, I get the impression that this thing that is bothering you is related to the upheaval in your life, like it is trying to feed on the negative energy. I also feel that your positive and strong attitude and curiosity may be a valuable protection from it. I have noticed when strange paranormal events happen to me, these evil spiritual encounters of the third kind so to speak, when I react with fear, they get stronger, but occasionally, my fear changes to fascination, and these beings go away frustrated that you no longer give off the fear that they feed off of.

I hope things work out for the best and I suspect your attitude will make all the difference.

edit on 29-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You could try this for heat. I'd make sure not to pop the bag or you could get burned.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I live fairly far away from anyone I really know so I take the path of least resistance especially when it comes to saving as much money as I can. I was in Ithaca NY one summer with a friend. We were camping out on the trampoline, staring at the stars. At the same time we both noticed a "star" that was very small (distant) but looked as if it was vibrating violently. I asked my friend if he saw it too and he confirmed it. After a minute or so it shot off through the universe (or sky, couldn't dictate distance) and we agreed that nobody we knew would believe us. After all we were known as trouble makers in our younger years. That's the only other time I have experienced anything I felt in my gut wasn't normal (or at the time explainable from my current state of knowledge).

I got into the apartment today and started moving stuff in. No more cold nights. I was raised a farm boy by a DIY step father. One of those rare men who can build a home and do the electrical/plumbing/construction by themselves. I was lucky enough to have this knowledge so I'm rather excited to delve into the projects I'm sure this old city home has in store.

As far as my "sighting" the other night, I did wake up to the same sound I had been hearing but this time it wasn't as distinct. It was close to me; about 2 feet away. I parked my passenger side very close to the fence line, but there were no marks on my salt dusted exterior. This time however the neighbors flood light was triggered when the past couple nights it had not been. I grabbed pictures as reference but since nothing major I was hoping for happened, I felt no need to take any additionally. In the morning I opened the wood gate to their backyard, without their knowing of course (I'm a straight up B.A.) and walked the fence line so I could observe potential indents in the undisturbed backyard. Nothing. No prints, nothing out of the ordinary. Honestly I'm disappointed. I have a habit of surveying EVERYTHING in my surroundings (cars, people, windows, objects, etc) for any changes or otherwise. The gate hadn't been opened since the snow storm and there were no footprints coming off the back of their snow covered porch.

I wish something more came out of this, but I shall end this experience without a climax (or will I?). Thank you all for the interest, comments, regards and thoughtfulness.

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that you got a place. I lived in a car once and couldn't imagine doing it in the winter time. Keep warm.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Just a quick note to say that although I believe in the spiritual and their oft manifestations as I am Christian and have seen a few myself, I'm actually much more inspired by your story given your difficult situation. I sincerely hope things are getting better for you.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'm glad to hear you got moved into your apartment. If this is something paranormal that is attracted to you, you should do a blessing in your new pad, and tell all spirits that only the good are allowed, the negative must leave.
For some reason, I feel this "thing" will follow you. I just want you to protect yourself, especially since you say you may be making some changes to the apartment. That could open up a whole new can of worms!!

new topics

top topics

join