It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marlene Bird, homeless person.... attacked and set on fire....finds a home but loses her legs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

What in the world comes over people who power trip?
Is it situated so deep in the human psyche that it will never be erased?
The persons capable of inflicting such horrific behavior need a dose of their own medicine if you ask me......

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

This is what the death penalty is for. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yep, forget the hung part, just drawn and quartered, just to see how they'd like losing legs. Scum like that need to pay with pain, and prison.a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The suffering and deep internal pain of some of these victims is just so horrifying. Aboriginal women were being singled out, devalued and shamed as a matter of routine, but it's high time it stopped! It is a real blemish on our collective conscience that it still continues and we need to open our ears more and pay attention to these kinds of occurrences.

For instance, not far from me, there was a peaceful protest to alert the rest of us to contamination of our river from tailings from a mine on their land. One of the protesters was a young mother of three. The protest was declared unlawful, though I fail to see why except for a demonstration of power. Arrested and charged, she was told she had to plead guilty or spend time in jail which would naturally mean that her children would be taken from her. I don't know her name, but I do think of her often and quietly thank her for her heroism. She now has a criminal record for trying to alert the rest of us. What bloody hellish things are still done to people.

I hope Marlene Bird and her companion find some measure of healing, peace and happiness.

edit on 29-1-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow, no words and in anger . Hopefully there's some kind of justice, making the news may help push that with people alerted.
Sending the best regards, healing and positive vibes for her.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The 47-year-old woman was homeless when she was discovered in a downtown Prince Albert parking lot last June. She'd been badly beaten and set on fire. She suffered severe burns to her body and both her legs had to be amputated.

Evil is all around us, this proves beyond a doubt what an evil person is capable of. Many people don't believe that God would create a hell and place a person's soul there for eternity, but in a case like this, man will never exact a worthy punishment for the likes of this kind of evil. Redemption for this person can only come from God, the same for a just punishment. Evil like this makes it easy to believe that God has a place for it and burning in hell would be just in this case.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Excuse me but.....just where the hell WAS this God of mercy you speak of the night it happened.....?
There is no God....Its up to us to grow up alone.......
All things being equal the culprits should receive what they gave........

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

omg some one set a homeless lady on fire i could of went the whole day not having to know that what the hell
is wrong with this world anymore.Oh well not your fault you didnt force me to read it

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

It's a cold and unforgiving world made all the worse by a lack of faith in some form of higher justice. I respect your view of an empty and meaningless world, but some of us need a greater power to believe in.

Strangely enough, regardless of your lack of faith in a higher being, you seem to believe in the Biblical principal of "an eye for an eye".

I prefer to believe, it helps keep me sane in an insane world, even though it may just be Hebrew folk tales and make believe.

In this guy's case, I really hope there is a place in hell for his kind.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I hope there IS a HELL for them too buddy....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This kind of story makes me mad as hell. There's a reason people are sick. We need to find that reason and put a stop to it. I'm trying real hard not to go off. I want vengeance but that would only keep the sickness going. I know one thing. I could never be a police officer. I know what I would do if I caught the criminal. I scream about having more compassion and in the process I lose a little bit of my own. I can see how police get desensitized with reality. Humanity isn't built like that. You can't see the evil day in and day out without it affecting you in some way. I know this has to stop. I'm leaning towards the cold way. The final way. If someone of us give up our humanity to make a difference, will we lose it? Can it be stopped? I can't even understand what the thought process was to do that to this woman. I hope I never do.

Maybe it's the introduction of the internet that lets us see more of this kind of tragedy. Maybe it's more in our faces because there's more people. We need to protect and serve better. We need to prevent these kinds of crimes. What can we do? We have a system in place that isn't working. People need to respect one another more. Maybe if communities police their own, we might have a chance of making a dent in it. That means respect your neighbor and get to know them. They have a stake on the outcome and probably will help make a difference. That is if we start the ball rolling in our neighborhoods.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Evil triumphs when good men do........nothing...........

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Evil triumphs when good men do........nothing...........

I agree, it can't be left in the hands of God if we are looking for an equal punishment here on earth.

The problem I see for atheists is that the concept of good and evil are relativistic in a moral sense. Cultural and moral relativism make good and evil equivalent with no basis for comparison. With differing opinions on what is good and evil, then no one is right or wrong and anything becomes possible without any judgements attributed to an act. This relativistic attitude destroys all civilizations as much or more an absolute morality would.

new topics

top topics

join