It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech inclined people needed for research project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
State Sponsored Malware research project

I was hoping to find some other tech-inclined ATSers to help out with a serious collaborative research effort to catalog all known state sponsored malware. After phase one is finished, we will convert our entries into an easily updatable XML definition file. Our final goal is to release an open source, peer reviewed application capable of detecting, removing or immunizing against the specific agent in question.

Currently, we need knowledgeable people in the areas of: malware, IT security, data integrity, database architecture, programming, and multi-environment OS operations.

Anyone interested in helping out? This is a serious project that will likely require several hours per week of research, programming, code review and so forth.

Warning: not for the technologically faint of heart

Thanks in advance! I really look forward to collaborating with my esteemed peers at ATS.

JB

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

This is great! How about we start using DBs that are already out there and then add to them?

Also, programmer here. Msg me for more info

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jamiros

Thanks for the help U2U sent!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sadly, I only know hardware and I'm practically lost when it comes to software.

Best of luck with the project.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I might be interested...Only downside with me is that I work 9-5 as a tech, so I never know how much free-time I have.

I'm pretty decent with most Microsuck Microsoft languages, and also a bit knowledgeable with stuff far older than that. I also like to prod and observe, meaning if I can catch a virus in one of my VM's, I want to see what it can do

PM me with what you specifically are looking for - It does sound like an interesting project.
-foss

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Thanks Foss!

U2U comin' at 'ya

top topics

join