It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Passes Keystone XL Oil Pipeline Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: neo96

Uh oh!! Warren Buffet is going to be PISSED.

You may not know how right you are.

Buffet is a big backer of the president.

I think the keystone was intentionally stoned walled as a payback for his political donation.

edit on 29-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector
TY......ok the capacity of the pipe is larger, but do we even have the ability to export at capacity?

Yes!

A Decade of Staged Oil Sands Growth (2010 - 2020) - CERI

Crude Oil Forecast, Markets & Transportation - 2014

We are going to hit the capacity max of the current carriage systems this year. XL won't be done until well after that.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Uh oh!! Warren Buffet is going to be PISSED.

You may not know how right you are.

Buffet is a big backer of the president.

I think the keystone was intentionally stoned walled as a payback for his political donation.

Oh I know full well, that ol' chap stands to lose a couple billion dollars per year in rail transfers if the pipeline is built.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

The pipeline is going to transfer some of the dirtiest type of oil all the way across our country from north to south.This oil will not be for us,but rather be for other countries that want to buy Canadian oil. If it spills anywhere on its journey,it will be a nasty mess to clean up,and in all likelihood be left up to the taxpayers to pay like always.They will forcibly take away some Indian lands for this that those tribes consider sacred.

The people have spoken out and most seem to be against this,yet they have no real say,it is being forced down our throats whether we like it or not as usual.It will end in the gulf of Mexico where if it should spill there will kill everything in that area. Canada has already decided against allowing it to go to their ports,but its okay for US ones.

They keep claiming it will bring all these jobs to the US that are needed,what they aren't saying is those jobs are not permanent. Once built,it will only take about 35-40 people to run it,thats it. So for 35-40 jobs,we will tear up a large portion of the country,take a chance on poisoning our lands and gulf,not get any oil out of it,and take away lands that were given to the Indians AGAIN,just so some elites can make more money to shove in their pockets.

Thats what I have been reading and hearing on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Canada needs this more than the States imo. Everyone says, "Well if this isn't shipped to the States we'll build a pipeline to the west coast and sell it to China."
BS on the last. Too many environmental and First Nations concerns, provinces, etc. It would take off if it went to the States AND they take all of the risk. Pipeline to the west coast is a pipe dream.

This is completely false. The Federal Government stacked the deck to ENSURE they get the pipelines they want, both East and West. They changed the rules for national projects like this because of the many hurdles they saw stopping it.

The truth is that even if Keystone is accepted there will still be a pipeline built to the East AND to the West. All three will be built...and all three will be flowing. Not to capacity at current Oil prices, but it is very easy to ramp up production in the Oil sands projects.

Another poster mentioned China refining Oil. That will be done in China not Canada. It protects them in case they lose access in Canada. They are trying to build LNG export terminals on the West coast.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I'll take that bet. Clarke can shake hands with Alta all she wants but the First Nations will block this easily.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'll take that bet. Clarke can shake hands with Alta all she wants but the First Nations will block this easily.

If Trudeau gets in maybe...if it's Stevie.....well we all know how much he cares about natives. So much that he sends them the most expensive food in CDN to enjoy
Priced at caviar, champagne and lobster pricing..except it's bread and water, flour, beef and pop.......

How about having a federal commission on missing native women or their much higher suicide and addiction rates...he said no to that pretty easy.

One thing I think most CDN's here can agree, Harper must go. Going OT.......ending post lol
edit on 29-1-2015 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

Harper's done. He needs a majority to keep his job. Not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah? What about the Russian and Chinese oligarchs buying up land in the US? I would rather have the Canadians (a direct ally) conducting business here instead of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Whens the last time you heard of a pipeline spilling millions of gallons over 2 months or so?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Not able to answer the question huh? Do you or do you not think foreign companies have more rights to American land than Americans?

What about Illegals then?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Neither Clarke nor First Nations get the last word on the project. They can protest...they can cause minor issues but at the end of the day the National Energy Board makes the decision. That agency was revamped specifically to win this fight.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

A very well written article on the current process that will decide if pipelines go through or not...highly recommended read for those interested in the Canadian side. Kinder Morgan already had it's pipeline doubled in capacity during a maintenance process...all approved.

I hope you didn't bet your home, cause there are going to be lots of pipelines being built very soon in Canada!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yo what's the GD different between Canada, and what our own government does ?

Let me break it down so even you can understand if that's possible. Canada IS A FOREIGN NATION and this is not Canada doing it but a company in Canada. I have never said it was ok for our government to do it and that has nothing to do with this thread. Admit Neo you're just an anti American that thinks companies should be able to run roughshod over people and the people should just bend over a take it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

Not able to answer the question huh? Do you or do you not think foreign companies have more rights to American land than Americans?

What about Illegals then?

How many illegals use eminent domain to take people land?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I love it when I get called 'anti American'.

Over a GD pipeline no less.

This is why I love ATS!

If i had a nickle every time someone insulted me I would be a 1% percenter.

Many times over.

edit on 29-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony
a reply to: NiZZiM

Whens the last time you heard of a pipeline spilling millions of gallons over 2 months or so?

There was a leak in 2010 in Michigan and over a million gallons of tar sands oil was spilled. It took four years to clean that up not to mention the health hazards to the people that still linger.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Will you give it up, already. The Canadians have no say, other than paying for it, in it's construction. The issue is pipeline vs Rail. Buffet owns BNSF who is a political supporter of Obama and has already invested 100s of millions at rail terminals for oil storage.

Beside, who know the future, it could end up sending WATER south some day......

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Will you give it up, already. The Canadians have no say, other than paying for it, in it's construction. The issue is pipeline vs Rail. Buffet owns BNSF who is a political supporter of Obama and has already invested 100s of millions at rail terminals for oil storage.

Beside, who know the future, it could end up sending WATER south some day......

WATER south someday? Cali wouldn't exist without CDN water now.....dude that's the biggest rape of all going...fuddle duddle (
to CDN's ) oil is not the end goal....

Ironically, the tarsands use up fresh water in vast amounts to process and the SW states can't survive without water. So...it comes down to now, oil, or later, fresh water........

BTW we, CDNs, aren't paying as much money as the Chinese. We just have to live with the results. Think we're on the same page

edit on 29-1-2015 by Connector because: (drinking and syntax)

edit on 29-1-2015 by Connector because: (confused the tatesy treat of fiddle sticks with fuddle duddle hahaahhaha....we all know what it means)

edit on 29-1-2015 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

I don't disagree.

I know for a fact, B.C. is giving Nestle water FREE. The plant is in Hope, B.C.. ( Where they filmed the first Rambo movie.)

That's ridiculous! Someone in the B.C. gov't is getting a quid pro quo for it...

If the day comes that water flowing to the arctic is partially diverted to the U.S., there's no question it should be fairly compensated. There is no complete separation between the two nations when there's that long a common border. I truly believe it benefits both...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Thank you for enlightening me...now I understand better what is really going on regarding this pipeline. I thought at first it might be a good thing...but now I am thinking...just the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join