It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norfolk state student says police held her down while police dog attacked her.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Link

Just wow. Even the chief is saying this was use of unreasonable force.

The wounds look pretty serious, though I have a hard time believing 2 officers held this woman down so the dog could chomp on her but I have to reserve full judgement until more facts come to light.
The victim was a 21 year old black woman who is an Army reservist.

Waiting for the usual suspects to come out and start BAITing their hooks.

ETA : this quote from a police spokesperson has me scratching my head: "the canine officer deployed the dog to restrain the woman so nobody would get hurt," stated Hudson.

edit on 29-1-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I hope gets a huge settlement and never has to work again after this along with the involved officers never being able to find work in law enforcement.

To top it off, it didn't even sound like there was a reason to arrest her. They asked her questions (seemingly as a witness) and she just started to walk away. Is that a crime that demands tackling and getting mangled by a dog? They treat walking away with viciousness?

I don't agree with the attacks on police that's been happening recently but cops like these are every bit as much to blame for their fellow officers being murdered as the murderers themselves. They are marking the entire force as targets for vigilantes one brutal assault at a time.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

As Chief, I am responsible for the policies and procedures that govern my officers’ actions. While I expect my officers to make the best judgment in all circumstances, if the policy doesn’t support the outcomes I expect, I have failed them. I am committed to having the best trained department and I will make this right.

I'm actually rather impressed he didn't just throw someone under the bus.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i think police dogs should be banned from being used in arrests like this as they are treated like officers but cant respond like officers ie if you try to give up to a cop you at least have a shot of being arrested quietly but a dog cant understand this and will keep mauling until the trainer calls them off and lead to cases exactly like this.

finding and detecting drugs and bombs sure ,doing search and rescue sure again fine but dont use them to attack suspects as its just not safe. and just as a random aside are police dog bite statistics added to the national list (ie the faulty ones that blame pitbull like dogs for all the bites due to poor breed identifcation?)

has this issue ever been challenged on the federal level? i mean i know if you kill a k9 unit its the same as killing a human police officer so i know they get special protections but has their use by police ever been federaly challenged in court?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You don't need to do that because you did it in the very first post. In the video the words black woman were never used you chose to do that. So why did you do that did you want to turn the thread into an argument over racism?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I thought you'd be the first one...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I myself witnessed the police loose a dog on an unarmed nonaggressive citizen.

7 or 8 of them then proceeded to stand there and watch for more than 2 minutes before calling the dog off.

The man crime....trying to climb over a fence at a grateful dead concert.

It was disgusting.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So, she didn't answer the police officers questions and he let the dog maul her. I would like to see the full story before making a judgement call. If they indeed held her down and let the dog chew on her, they should be locked up.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Why exactly would you have a hard time believing that cops, (especially in this day and age we live in where cops abuse people everyday, worse than this sometimes) would do this to someone. You need to pull the blinders off buddy, and take a good look at the world around you. Cops nationwide have a horrible reputation at the moment, and this news here doesn't surprise me a bit. I believe your common sense has failed you, sorry.....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You don't need to do that because you did it in the very first post. In the video the words black woman were never used you chose to do that. So why did you do that did you want to turn the thread into an argument over racism?

Personally, this thread has troll written all over it, from using the words black woman, to the subtle comments interjected into the post.......

top topics

join