It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed man in Dutch TV news studio - Claims high explosives with radioactive material in Netherlands

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Neversin

Yes it begins, first the so called "jihadi propaganda," soon every other form of "extremism (going against the Western narrative)" will be banned.

Wait for more conspiracy nutting individuals doing "strange" things in the upcoming years.

EU plans to step up fight on online jihadi propaganda

RIGA, Latvia — The EU on Thursday called for more help from Internet companies to fight online terrorist propaganda in the face of the terror attacks in France.

Home Affairs Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos told reporters in Riga that the EU needs to deepen cooperation with the Internet industry "and to strengthen the commitment of social media platforms in order to reduce illegal content online."

Already before this month's shooting massacres carried out by Islamic extremists in Paris, EU officials had been reaching out to Google, Facebook, Microsoft and other companies to discuss ways of removing jihadist propaganda from the Internet.

Source
edit on 30 1 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I don't think this was about islam. This guy just seems like a conspiracy believer with psychological issues to me. 'Important message to the world' sounds either conspiracy-like or simply psychotic; they tend to say they have important/world changing messages and knowledge as well. He appears sane on camera though but there's still very obviously something wrong with this person. Perhaps he just needs help above all.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here`s by Google Translate some more about him...

Link

Someone who does VWO is certainly cleaver (for Americans, in the Netherlands we have three levels of High School with MAVO, HAVO and VWO (the highest level), many do HAVO and MAVO is at the same level of what your High School is).

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I like how there is a really important message here:

Too much paranoia and conspiracy theories lead to psychotic break.

and yet there will still be people in this thread who are out of touch with reality enough they will claim this is a false flag.

Sigh.

Sometimes I wonder if sites like here shouldn't have some kind of "user sanity rating" and those who would fall too low wouldn't be allowed to read the site in order to protect them from themselves.

But of course I know it's impossible to put in practice and that many people would be outraged by this idea (I wonder why
)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-1-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hmm, the idea of this being a false flag sounds pretty silly to me. Some people immediately and automatically think or suggest things are a false flag or Israel. Counter-produtive as such patterns cloud your thinking, just like assuming the msm are always correct and honest.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Why couldn`t it be ?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Why couldn`t it be ?

The correct question is "Where are the proofs supporting it?".

It's a common logical fallacy from people too heavily paranoid to always assume the worst. The logical way is too assume the most plausible and find proofs supporting other theories.

Asking "why couldn't it be a false flag?" is like asking "why couldn't the moon be made of cheese?".

OK, entertain whatever crazy idea you want and come back when you can support it with proofs.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

While I don`t think it`s the case, I haven`t seen any proof it not being the case, so it`s always a possibility, it`s just keeping an open mind...the moon is made from cheese, being from the Netherlands I know how cheese holes look and the Moon is full of them.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I haven`t seen any proof it not being the case, so it`s always a possibility, it`s just keeping an open mind.

I do too, but here it's a logical fallacy. There is no proof that you are not a Mossad agent neither

To be clear; there are people incapable of critical thinking on the board, as well as mentally unstable people with paranoia. It's sad but it's like that.

If you want to show proofs it's a false flag, be my guest.

If you just throw the possibility and see if it sticks, know that many people will buy it and start deluding themselves over it, analyse the video to death and post "inconsistencies" proving it's a false flag, then the madness will spread like a wildfire. And you will partly be responsible.

Some people treat this too lightly.

Lately with the Charlie hebdo attacks, we saw how bad this can turn when people spread such rumors for fun. Now a huge number of kids seriously believe no one is dead, that this is a false flag and that the Jews are behind this.

It's too late to show them they are wrong, all these kids will now live believing that delusion, open to always more paranoid theories and with a growing hate of the Jews despite them having nothing to do with all this.

Post responsibly people
Don't encourage ignorance "to keep an open mind". The age of the mobile internet is today. Everything you post can potentially affect the whole planet in a bad way even if it wasn't your objective.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I have to agree with you that the TPTB are not smart enough to make such an unsuspicious False Flag, they will go for the stuff which is much more prone to be suspicious.

There is no proof that you are not a Mossad agent neither.

There`s proof enough, but nobody has been able to find it yet.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Charlie hebdo attacks have the signature of being one all over it, it`s the actions which are taken because of it which give enough clues.

Post responsibly people.

We just had a nutcase stabbing people and slitting his own throat last week close by. Point being, having been enough around people who have lost it, they will freak out anyway about something, so it doesn`t matter that much.
edit on 30 1 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

so it doesn`t matter that much.

It matters if you value the motto of the site and if you understand that most terrible things are done out of ignorance.

Charlie hebdo attacks have the signature of being one all over it, it`s the actions which are taken because of it which give enough clues.

Whatever, got the message. Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
More details about the guy; he is a 19 year old chemistry student at the universities of Leiden and Delft. Friends describe him as a normal guy and didn't expect this from him. Lately his grades dropped and he withdrew. He is not particularly religious. He does something with computers in his spare time, but friends doubt he was part of a hacker group of any importance. Police is still interrogating and are also busy with a wider investigation which includes a house search.

Of COURSE his friend will say he is normal.

But what does being a chemistry student have to do with whether or not he is an extremist terrorist? Geesh, it's like people think these extremists are uneducated dolts.

Do you suppose maybe his grades dropped because he was more focused on planning an act of extremism?

Again, hiding your head in the sand is helping these people to do this. Remind me again what was going on in Germany from 1925 to 1945? Oh yes, a bunch of Europeans were acting like no one was being killed. They were acting like there's no way their fellow countrymen could be doing this stuff, until they were shown directly what was happening.

Ignorance is that you don't know, insanity is to turn your head away from it and deny what is happening.

Who is more insane? That kid, not insane. The media wants you to think he is by using soft language.

THEY and then YOU inserted the lone nutter image.

Soft language

A phrase coined by comedian George Carlin to describe euphemistic expressions that "conceal reality" and "take the life out of life."

The entire post I have commented to here, is nothing but soft language.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Watching the 8 o clock news now. They just had an item about the situation and they had some psychologist talking about the guy, saying he came across as confused. He also recreated scenes from the movie Inception which is full of conspiracy theories.

Then they ended with "it´s important to be aware that there are a lot of "confused" people outthere and their "confusion" can lead to "agression", a lot of people are living in fear these days.....", something like that.

Ok.

edit on 30-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The fake gun shows that he did not go there to harm.

He needed to find a way to get to the broadcast room and broadcast his message. The fake gun was used just so that he could force his way into the room.

I don't know why people automatically assume that he is sick in the head or that people are sick in the head when they do something that involves danger. This guy seemed very desperate and honest about things.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
The fake gun shows that he did not go there to harm.

He needed to find a way to get to the broadcast room and broadcast his message. The fake gun was used just so that he could force his way into the room.

I don't know why people automatically assume that he is sick in the head or that people are sick in the head when they do something that involves danger. This guy seemed very desperate and honest about things.

It's not that easy to obtain a real gun in Europe

Of course he did not want to harm people. Believing in conspiracy theories doesn't mean you are ready to die for your beliefs.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wow the NOS is really pushing the "believe in conspiracy you are psychotic" kool aid now.

This stinks.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
guys
what annoys me about the conspiracy movement, is the first thing ANYONE says when any kind of incident happens is
omg i bet it was a false flag

or whenever any kind of a conflict happens, it has always been apparently orchestrated by the us or whatever

look, i believe aliens may exist
i believe not all in the world is as it seems
yes i know governments lie

however........

not everything is a zionist or american conspiracy

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Is there a specific post you are responding to?

Btw, most adults use punctuation.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It seems very intersting case. The boy clearly didn't want to harm anyone, but it seems he was convinced he was doing the wright thing. Although he seemed a bit confused at the same time, like he didn't fully understoon what he was doing. Well even though is plan has failed (as far as we know) to do the broadcast, it was a brave effort which should inspire all of us to action!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join