It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed man in Dutch TV news studio - Claims high explosives with radioactive material in Netherlands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
More details about the guy; he is a 19 year old chemistry student at the universities of Leiden and Delft. Friends describe him as a normal guy and didn't expect this from him. Lately his grades dropped and he withdrew. He is not particularly religious. He does something with computers in his spare time, but friends doubt he was part of a hacker group of any importance. Police is still interrogating and are also busy with a wider investigation which includes a house search.
edit on 29-1-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm glad they caught the guy. I have mentioned my beliefs regarding "dirty bombs" before, which is essentially that they are not as bad as they sound. The radioactive material that is spread, depending on what type, might not even be too harmful by itself. Such a device would not spread that radioactivity very far either, and it could be cleaned up relatively quickly. It is not producing radioactivity at an exponential rate or anything like that, but is just throwing a bunch of radioactive material around. The main danger would be from the explosion itself. That is just a heads up. You probably wouldn't want to be around radioactivity just in case, but it is not like a nuclear explosion or anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
He's bluffing. Nothing to worry about....for now.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The guy didn't look crazy to me. Clean cut, dressed in a suit, and he wasn't threatening and waving his gun around. He didn't seem paranoid and was rather calm. He didn't engage the police when they arrived, so to me, he wasn't planning on losing his life. Would have liked to hear what he had to say.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Why do people feel the need to bring Islam and extremism into this?
He never said anything religious and has clearly no religious agenda, why do we have to turn this into an Islam debate?
His name might sound arabic, but European countries have a lot of citizens with foreign names, because of immigration and in case of the Netherlands and others even colonization.
Stop bringing religion into this. There are enough crazy people that are not acting with religious motifs.
This guy had a clear mental problem or really had something to say.
We might never know.
From his fb page and his appearance he seems like a regular guy. He was clearly no extremists.
He was really insecure in his acting and gave up instantly, this shows that he never had the intention to really hurt somebody.
Btw. Good reaction by the police, acting like they are trained here in Europe. For people that are missing the action, wake up this is not America or an action movie.
This is how we solve situations in Europe.
We will never know if he really had something to say though, but I doubt it anyways.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Latest update is about the gun; it was a fake. There's still some confusion about the cause of death of his parents. His father was from Egypt and his mother from the Netherlands, other sources say he was of Tunesian descent and adopted.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Not nuclear bombs.

But high explosives, with nuclear material. A dirty bomb.

In some ways the result would be worse then a nuclear explosion.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Yes, you can hear it`s fake when he drops it.

Look like a sloppy preparation, so I don`t think there are bombs.

It seems his parents are still alive.

Someone who studies with him doesn`t think it had anything to do with religion, but he was busy with politics.
edit on 29 1 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
I know , I clearly wrote it wrong there.. But I think the guy just was a bit delusional. .

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Lone wolf all the way. He did some basic planning but gave up quickly when he realised he wasted his time in the wrong studio, since the eight o'clock news should have had started already by then.
He talks about the higher ups and getting no confirmation from them while he never has his earpiece in his ears.
No authoritive posture by hiding his 'gun' behind his back all the time.
Talk of being part of a hackers group comes from a reporter who spoke to him after he was apprehened.
Second part of the letter was supposed to be read by a hostaged newsbroadcaster while in the video he states he wants to give a speech himself.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

He was clearly no extremists.

I think walking into a news studio taking hostages with a fake gun and demanding airtime is a little bit extreme.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith

Looking at his Facebook, he seemed fairly normal. His Ice Bucket challenge was weird though, based on Inception. His profile may give us an understanding of him that may become more useful.

Yeah, he was reading Dan Brown lol.

edit: also he was a fan of the last samurai. It has been noted recently that many Muslim radicals are fan of that movie because it emphasizes on honor which is a key virtue in Arab societies. Could be nothing, could be something.

edit2: doesn't look like a radical at all though. Probably just a coincidence. Just a guy deranged by too many conspiracies probably. Maybe he even posted here

edit on 30-1-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
The guy didn't look crazy to me. Clean cut, dressed in a suit, and he wasn't threatening and waving his gun around. He didn't seem paranoid and was rather calm. He didn't engage the police when they arrived, so to me, he wasn't planning on losing his life. Would have liked to hear what he had to say.

Agreed.

The label was all too quickly applied to this, i saw no indication of a mental illness.. he was 100% aware of the implications of his actions.. no ticks.. no manic behaviors that would indicate a breakdown of rational mental processes.

Other than where he was and what he was doing at least.. but then.. we don't know the "why"

He was calm, and rather focused, he also knew the outcome and submitted to authority as soon as they arrived.

Another poster spoke of Sydney.. yes it is similar, that guy too wanted "airtime" to tell the masses something huge, he wanted the PM on the other end of a live line and the whole country to hear his reaction to whatever he had to say. However.. that guy was nuts, and had a long record of being a problem.

Here's what i think is going on.. Outsourcing and compartmentalization have come full circle.. folks that are being used for various means are communicating and joining the dots on how they are being used for nefarious ideals by their state.. and they want the world to know that's "how its done" these persons *should* have no interaction .. on paper, in the *brilliant* minds of think-tank lackeys that run the show.. but this is 2015.. and folks talk in dark places.

It's not as if we haven't seen this tactic "setup and catch" before.. it's an old FBI trick.. there are threads on ATS about this from real events.. normally the entrapped is a loner without contacts.. starting to look like the agency's are getting sloppy with their civilian recruiting techniques in a push to get a result.

And it's backfiring.

Anyway.. this guy wasn't "mental".. anyone that knows or has seen mental illness will notice none of the signs in this man.. again.. apart from the lunacy of what has occurred, which was most probably a setup to begin with.

I also want to know what he has to say, after going to such lengths i can assure you it wasn't about anything mundane as your garden variety Chemtrails or other CT topics..

but.. don't let me stop the character assassination techniques that ALWAYS work a threat when one of the "projects" gets a little mouthy... or goes into the wrong cafe... instead of the designated TV studio target (referring to Sydney there.. obvious connection is obvious)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: AgentSmith

My instincts tell me this is nothing more than a psychologically disturbed individual with some form of delusion.

But, I'm sure someone will be along any moment to explain that the Lizard People have used HAARP and Chem Trails to control his mind and make these threats... for some reason to do with the NWO wanting Martial Law in America... lol

It's sad you chose some of what you did in a mocking fashion.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm not a doctor or have much experience with psychotics but I do believe the guy was psychotic. When the broadcasting stations employees asked him what he wanted to say (his speech) he blurted out all kind of incoherent information.

Also he has admitted he was acting alone, not hired by intelligence agencies, there were no 5 accomplices and 98 hackers, no pending cyberattack, no nuclear bombs. It was all completely made up just like his fake gun with 'silencer'. It all appears like a spur of the moment, he obviously didn't think about wearing a mask, having an escape route, he probably didn't even think his message through very well since he couldn't summarize it when asked.

People around him describe him as an intelligent individual with a rich fantasy and a believer of various conspiracy theories. What he wanted to say in his speech is still unclear, but personally I would bet it's about people being lied to by the media and the inequality of rich and poor. The news about his deceased parents was inaccurate; his parents are divorced and he is living with his mother. As many sources already stated, police believe his actions have no connection to recent events such as Charlie Hebdo or any terrorist actions.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
People around him describe him as an intelligent individual with a rich fantasy and a believer of various conspiracy theories.

Another poor soul victim of a psychotic break caused by too much conspiracy reading. It seems to be my conclusion too.

Careful ATSers, this could be you too

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well thats hackers on steroids for you

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is what not thinking critically gets you. If you believe every conspiracy theory you hear and every YouTube video you watch, you're gonna crack.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just another false flag op...
At least it was more entertaining (save for the really bad acting) than "Wie is de Mol?"...
But anyway, this just gives Ivo Opstelten more leverage to lobby for more guns and "witch hunts" for these so called conspiracy nuts who are a high risk of becoming "Lone Wolfs"... LOL, I guess we're all in trouble, right?
Plus the fact that The Netherlands can also say they're "traumatized" by a terrorists so they can be gathered with and feel special among the French... I guess The Netherlands felt left out and needed some attention to feel special...

Neversin.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Unsurprisingly he was much into NWO / 9/11 type stuff, just shows what happens when you lose touch with reality. Very sad, probably thought he was going to be a hero and tell everyone about "chemtrails" or something hahaha!

(translation)
That obstinacy was expressed by the former classmate in a rich fantasy. "He became immersed in things, often lived in his own world. In recent years he was also preoccupied with conspiracy theories about Freemasonry and New World Order (a theory about a secret elite that governs the world, ed.)."

nos.nl...

Girl on a forum that knew him from class, some of the people are going down the usual *yawn* false flag type route so she's just saying that it's nothing like that and he was just into 9/11, etc and wanted to inform people. From poster 'Evelien':

(translation)
Boys for the second time, and sat with me in the year, there is no conspiracy theories, conspiracies, etc. He liked to elevate themselves and believed in conspiracy theories with 9/11 so and wanted to warn us of the manipulation of the media and stuff and Oja he is not a hacker

forum.girlscene.nl...

Just an example of what can happen if you lose touch with reality and believe anything just because it's not 'mainstream' without keeping your head screwed on. Still, not as bad as the ATS member that decided to go on a shooting spree.
Always found it weird that he believed that the space program including the Space Shuttle was fake and the US Representative he shot, Gabrielle Giffords, is wife to Space Shuttle commander Mark Kelly who flew the final mission of Endeavour a few months later.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join