It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed man in Dutch TV news studio - Claims high explosives with radioactive material in Netherlands

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
look i dont endorse violence but i love it when these incidents happens
its exciting and fun
it sucks when it ends just boring way

link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith

A gunman has been arrested in the studio of Dutch news broadcaster NOS after disrupting the main evening news, reportedly demanding airtime.

Staff were evacuated from the building in the Media Park in the central city of Hilversum.

The man, who was well-dressed and carrying a pistol, entered the studio control room, Dutch media report.

Gunman arrested at Dutch news broadcaster NOS

Breaking now, happening in Hilversum the Dutch media town. Nothing offical mentioning note but photos of it are being shown on Twitter. Note mentions 8 high explosive devices with Nuclear material in the Netherlands. Can anyone Dutch please translate this properly please?

pbs.twimg.com...

OK here is a clearer transcription of it:

pbs.twimg.com...

And the Google translation:

If you are reading this, do not panic Do not yell and tell your
colleagues either. Pretend there's nothing to worry about. I'm heavily armed. If you
just neat cooperate, then nothing will happen. Realize that I'm not on my own.
There are still five plus 98 hackers who are ready for a cyber attack. Moreover, there are
in this country eight heavy explosives placed containing radioactive material. If you send me
does not bring to eight studio to record a broadcast, we are compelled to
action to proceed. You do not want on your conscience still have that? (illegible phrase, something
now accompanied us to Studio 8, the still-studios]
We are held hostage by heavily armed men in Studio 8 media park. Hilversum. there
are more of them in the rest of the property and they are ready for 98 hackers
a cyber attack. There are also eight heavy explosives placed in the country, radioactive
contain material. They want to do a live broadcast to their story
to keep. If that live broadcast is disturbed in any way, they will to action
proceed. From the outside is monitored or the live broadcast throughout
Netherlands can be viewed. Their conditions are, therefore, among other things: 1. This
building will not be stormed. 2. The live broadcast is not delayed, no
second interrupted and not edited. 3. For the sake of clarity so there is no
Information bar and no subtitles added to the live broadcast. If on the
conditions are met. we will be freed. I will again
repeat.

Video of the man with him being apprehended from about 4:00 minutes:

Suspect is named as Tarik Zahzah

Facebook page here www.facebook.com...

As per title, I would hope the Dutch television station would be in the Netherlands.

As per highjacking an entire news station, that takes some special kind of stupid.

link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

It's very sad, I saw that on Twitter though I don't know what the origin is. Hope he gets help, glad no one got hurt. The key thing here is that he surrendered and complied immediately. Just curious what he had to say, but I'm pretty sure now it would just be a version of the sorts of things we see on here, he just got so caught up in it he's ruined his life trying to tell people. I really doubt he is connected to anything significant.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Better you go to Syria then. The travel agent told me it must be swell there.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
look i dont endorse violence but i love it when these incidents happens
its exciting and fun
it sucks when it ends just boring way

Are you really a troll?

Did you get bored with disliking on yahoo and then tired of trolling youtube so you come here to ATS?

BTW, seen your username before.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

I don't think he had to tell anything. He was indeed composed for a schizofrenic (if so) but that could be part of the " act " he's playing out. No psychosis anyway, then blood would have spattered (if that tool is legit).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

I don't think he had to tell anything. He was indeed composed for a schizofrenic (if so) but that could be part of the " act " he's playing out. No psychosis anyway, then blood would have spattered (if that tool is legit).

You know, the diagnosis of mental illness is going to backfire eventually, because if they keep pleading mental illnesses for the same bunch of people over and over, eventually everyone is going to believe the entire group of people they came from is mentally insane.

Well, they are, but looking at the mental illness angle isn't going to help their cause.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yeah I guess.. Oh there's a Facebook page now heh www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Schizofrenia is a real and terrible disorder. Not saying this guy has it, but seemed eerily weird and deranged.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Schizofrenia is a real and terrible disorder. Not saying this guy has it, but seemed eerily weird and deranged.

I know, my dad had it.

But look at the recent events and who they are saying has mental illnesses, the same bunch of people who do terrorist acts or attempts to do terrorists acts. Every one of them, the defense automatically plays the mental illness angle.

The problem is if they keep pulling that card too often, that's how people are going to be thinking about the entire countries they come from.

They tried it for the Boston Bomber, they did it for Ted Kazinsky, they did it for a lot of other serious offenders, but when it comes to Muslims, it seems that is the first card played in their defense. A lot of people were saying the same thing about Saddam Hussein, he had to have mentally insane when he was found in that hole.

It's easy to play the card, but they better be sure it's the ace of spades, because right now too many people are going to be thinking every Muslim they see is mentally ill.

And whatever happened to making a person be responsible for their own actions?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It's someone els his facebook page . they just created this .. its full of jokes to ridicule him

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Yeah I know, I said 'heh there's a Facebook page now'. It's gone anyway, the weather one with him saying something like 'I demand beautiful weather' was funny I guess lol!.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Its also stupid to do this , it can trigger more hatred . I hope it stays within the boundaries and only just him ..
edit on 0b47America/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 16:05:47 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 16:05:47 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Those Jihadi's don't claim anything, except for lives. This guy may be of Maroccan descent, his words were nonsense. I don't see this anything like Charlie Hebdo.

Sorry to hear about your dad!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Yeah you're right actually, well it's gone now anyway and was just some memes. I think the comments pages on the news sites are full of racial hatred though :-(
edit on 29-1-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ah another Dutchie

Well some are a bit, but some comments are hilarious. And that is what I need, because the world's on fire and sometimes I feel I want to crawl under a rock and stay there.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Those Jihadi's don't claim anything, except for lives. This guy may be of Maroccan descent, his words were nonsense. I don't see this anything like Charlie Hebdo.

Sorry to hear about your dad!

It doesn't matter whether or not it is like Charlie Hebdo, the point is not saying they might be mentally ill right away. And look at what they are doing, they are getting more bold in each planned attack.

If they are planning along with other people, that is conspiratorial. Which is more mad, doing the act or not believing one can do an act?

Once you don't believe they are sane when they plan this, that's when they do it. Because the insane person doesn't recognize insanity, who is more mad?

I say they do it because they have a political ideology that they must uphold, blame it on mental illness, blame it on everything else, but my goodness, never blame it on the person themselves when there was a point in their lives when they thought it would be good to partake of an evil political ideology.

They aren't mad, they are fully aware of what they are doing.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

For now we don't even now if the gun was real, fake or a pellet gun. Or what is going on with this guy. Nobody is claiming that Muslim extremists are legally insane! I assume those are the " they" you're refering to. He had no Islam manifesto, but rambling about hacking and what not.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Its just a guy who has used the Charlie Hebdo incident for his fifteen minutes of fame! Not really a motif for what he was doing or stood for. probably embarrassed the hacker community and dressed as some Anonymous figure.

And soon it will be picked up by some Arabic news agency and tomorrow IS is claiming his action . You can set the clock on this.
edit on 0b02America/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 16:52:02 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 16:52:02 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What's his name?

Is it Pieter who wears wooden shoes and saves the city from the dyke bursting, by using just his little finger?

Is his name Hansl, who saves his sister Gretl?

Remind me, what is the guy's name?

Suspect is named as Tarik Zahzah

Is he Dutch? Oh, he's Dutch because he has Dutch citizenship. That doesn't make him Dutch, only a citizen of the Netherlands, but there's his name, is that Dutch....or Arabic?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join