It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed man in Dutch TV news studio - Claims high explosives with radioactive material in Netherlands

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Looking at his Facebook, he seemed fairly normal. His Ice Bucket challenge was weird though, based on Inception. His profile may give us an understanding of him that may become more useful.

edit on 29-1-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The hostage he was talking to, is actually the doorman. While the national primetime news was about to be shot in studio 8, the doorman boldly diverted him to studio 10. He managed to stall the situation until the police was there to take action as seen in the video.

edit on 29/1/2015 by chrismir because: typos

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

In short a translated summery of the video:

The guy off cam tells him he doesn't want to get in his way because he wants to get home in the end of the day
The guy on cam agrees to that and promises him noting will happen, he only needs someone else in the studio because of the things that should be said. He tells the other guy that the police is most likely waiting for him outside and if he is alone nothing will stop them shooting him."We are hired by intelligence services and we encountered information that questions the society. We will bring this to the normal civilian because we do this for them, we are not bad." and that is why some higher people may think that nobody should know about that I am at risk getting shot to death when I am alone here in this studio.
The guy off cam: I just hope.. even in the case they will do something.. anything...
The guy on cam: I promise nothing will happen.. we can shake hands on that.
The guy off cam: I just hope yo don't take me with you in the process.
The guy on cam: No no surely not, but I would like you to stay here so there is less chance they would come in..
When I have done my speech I just let you go.

Then he talks about it is taken too much time to get to live television, there is only a live mic. But No cam. He doesn't here anything from the one in his ear (!)...

Then the cops come in

Rough translation.

edit on 29-1-2015 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Strange, it only flashed up as a breaking story on the BBC about 10-20 minutes ago and they only just literally got NPO 1 back now, where they're now showing the footage.

The BBC is known for being extremely slow, because of the "unique way the BBC is funded" (Brits will get that little jibe) they're basically controlled by the state, and it seems they're too terrified of telling us anything remotely important unless they have authorization to do so.

Some of the time they're slow because they want to actually confirm things from reliable sources (unlike America, where it's entirely about revenue and saying absolutely anything to keep your attention), but on the real big stories related to governments, terrorism and protests they seem to clear everything through the gov first.

Quite often we don't even hear about large protests in London, and last year when there was an incident at the Dartford crossing suspected of being a major terrorism incident they said NOTHING AT ALL, even though hundreds of people were trapped in their cars and tweeting everything. A lot of people realized then that the BBC cannot be trusted to tell us what is happening in our own country.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I am just checking this shiz, RTL 4 is also reporting. Damn. THink he is of his rockers.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismir

That is f-ing courageous! The doorman could have been blasted to kingdom come.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith

pbs.twimg.com...

OK here is a clearer transcription of it:

pbs.twimg.com...

And the Google translation:

If you are reading this, do not panic Do not yell and tell your
colleagues either. Pretend there's nothing to worry about. I'm heavily armed. If you
just neat cooperate, then nothing will happen. Realize that I'm not on my own.
There are still five plus 98 hackers who are ready for a cyber attack. Moreover, there are
in this country eight heavy explosives placed containing radioactive material. If you send me
does not bring to eight studio to record a broadcast, we are compelled to
action to proceed. You do not want on your conscience still have that? (illegible phrase, something
now accompanied us to Studio 8, the still-studios]
We are held hostage by heavily armed men in Studio 8 media park. Hilversum. there
are more of them in the rest of the property and they are ready for 98 hackers
a cyber attack. There are also eight heavy explosives placed in the country, radioactive
contain material. They want to do a live broadcast to their story
to keep. If that live broadcast is disturbed in any way, they will to action
proceed. From the outside is monitored or the live broadcast throughout
Netherlands can be viewed. Their conditions are, therefore, among other things: 1. This
building will not be stormed. 2. The live broadcast is not delayed, no
second interrupted and not edited. 3. For the sake of clarity so there is no
Information bar and no subtitles added to the live broadcast. If on the
conditions are met. we will be freed. I will again
repeat.

Video of the man with him being apprehended from about 4:00 minutes:

Suspect is named as Tarik Zahzah

Facebook page here www.facebook.com...

How did you obtain this letter so quickly , Im amazed how fast you got the footage ?
edit on 0b00America/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 15:05:00 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 15:05:00 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

My instincts tell me this is nothing more than a psychologically disturbed individual with some form of delusion.

But, I'm sure someone will be along any moment to explain that the Lizard People have used HAARP and Chem Trails to control his mind and make these threats... for some reason to do with the NWO wanting Martial Law in America... lol

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Looking at his Facebook Profile amongst other things he especially seems to like Inception.

On June the 19th he changed his cover photo to this:

Picture 1

On September the 2nd he posts his Ice Bucket Challenge video in the style of Inception as a character.

On November the 1st he posts a picture with someone where he is wearing the same suit as on the NPO incident, which is in the style of Inception and/or Anonymous maybe:

Picture 2

Fast forward today, he's still wearing that suit. Not sure if it means anything, at least to his state of mind maybe. What with Inception being about questioning reality, etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Nope the bombs with radioactive material (not nuclear bombs) threat doesn't concern me. claiming to be of a hackers group, hackers don't place bombs they cause as much disruption by the push of a button.
The 5+98 hackers is what makes me curious. why 5 + 98

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Used Twitter to find the letter, someone tweeted it here twitter.com...

Ran it through OCR and then Google Translate.

For the footage, went on YouTube and searched for videos in the last hour that had 'NPO' in the title/description.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm Dutch. Allow me to provide a proper translation. The original is from this image, as provided by AgentSmith. Please excuse my grammar and other mistakes, as this was written in a hurry.

When you read this, please do not panic. Do not shout and also do not warn your colleagues. Act like there is nothing unusual going on. I am heavily armed. If you cooperate, nothing will happen to you. Realize that I am not alone. There are five plus 98 [??] hackers who are ready to perform a cyberattack. Additionally, eight high-yield [lit. 'heavy'] explosives were placed in this country [the Netherlands] which have been laced with radioactive material. If you do not take me to studio 8 to assume control of the news broadcast, we will be forced to take action. You don't want to have that on your conscience, do you? (The next sentence was unreadable) [Comment on the picture]

[part two, not from the armed man]
We have been taken hostage by heavily armed men in Media Park studio 8 in Hilversum. There are more of them in other wings of this building and they have 98 hackers ready for a cyberattack. Also, eight high-yield explosives have been placed around the country, which contain radioactive material. They want to do a live broadcast to be able to tell their story. If said live broadcast were to be cancelled or disrupted in any way, shape or form, they will take action. On the outside, they're watching whether the live show can be viewed in the whole of the Netherlands. Thus, their conditions are, among others: 1) No-one will storm the building. 2) The live broadcast will not be delayed, not interrupted, not even for a second, and not edited. 3) Thus, for clarity's sake, no marquee [at the bottom of the screen] will be shown, and no subtitling will be added to the live transmission. If you conform to these conditions, we will be released. I'll repeat this message once more.

edit on 2015129 by loremipsum because: Apology.

Edit: I did not realize that two others had provided translations before me. Excuse me, I had the best intentions

edit on 2015129 by loremipsum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

TRanslation error, it said that he was with 4 others and the 98 hackers.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am not reading this as nuclear weapons, I am interpreting high explosives with radioactive material, dirty bombs I assume?
I truly hope not.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
On dutch news site I just read;

The guy (who wanted live broadcasting), said he was working for a intelligence service and that the NOS (main dutch news broadcasting channel) was under influence of this agency with broadcasting their stories.

So if that's the case, what's new??

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

This dude is crazy as a bat. I am glad nobody got a bullet in them.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It was only used it seems to get him on the air, don't worry about that.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
At this moment, people are standing outside the broadcast studio's while police is searching the building for explosives. Nothing has been found and police will probably allow entry to the building soon.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin
Yes, it seems so. Too early to say thank god but, thank god

edit on 29-1-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He wasn't able to give his message. Does this mean the other hackers are going to take action like he said?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join