It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $30 million Google Lunar XPRIZE. A Behind-the-scenes look. "Back to the Moon for good."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here is the Video released by the "Google Lunar xprize" competition. This is the adaptation from a digital planetarium show. Its a GREAT watch, VERY informative as to the details of this competition and what we can look forward to in the future of space exploration on our nearest satellite.

I just wonder how long before we see the first launch?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Just as soon as someone coughs up 30+ million dollars?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That certainly is a well done video. $30,000,000 isn't really a lot of money in terms of wealth. Tens of thousands of people each year make and lose millions like it's nothing. That's an achievable goal. I'd like to see it happen. The more space exploration, the merrier, that's what I say.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I agree 100%

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DjembeJedi

Astrobotic from Pittsburgh is likely going to be the first team to launch. I suspect in the 2016-17 time frame.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: DjembeJedi

Astrobotic from Pittsburgh is likely going to be the first team to launch. I suspect in the 2016-17 time frame.

Considering Astrobotic has close ties with Carnegie-Mellon University (the main players in the company are Carnegie-Mellon graduates and professors, and the company is partnered with the university)...AND Carnegie-Mellon is a world leader in robotics research, I would think they would be one of the frontrunners to collect the prize.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
That certainly is a well done video. $30,000,000 isn't really a lot of money in terms of wealth. Tens of thousands of people each year make and lose millions like it's nothing. That's an achievable goal. I'd like to see it happen. The more space exploration, the merrier, that's what I say.

I to agree 100%

new topics

top topics

join