It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School discriminates against poor trans-species kid

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'd like to add, in the instance of gender identity disorder..

Until the person actually gets a sex change, then no, simply saying they are a female when they're biologically a male clearly doesn't actually make them a female. That's a simple function of logic and truth.

Until that point, its a delusion...by very definition.

That's nit to condemn them in any way. I'm simply stating an undeniable fact.
edit on 1/30/2015 by JBurns because: PC

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
I'd like to add, in the instance of gender identity disorder..

Until the person actually gets a sex change, then no, simply saying they are a female when they're biologically a male clearly doesn't actually make them a female. That's a simple function of logic and truth.

Until that point, its a delusion...by very definition.

so are transvestites living in a delusion?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Another diversion! Is your position on the issue (the real issue) so weak that you must continue to use examples of inflammatory topics in order to avoid the truth? Your original argument is specious and flawed, evidently, or you wouldn't keep avoiding my questions - answering instead with more questions designed to put the attention back on me, instead of your crumbling argument.

I ask you, is there such a thing as human-penguin hybrids?

Are there any medical professionals who wouldn't consider, then, someone claiming to be a human-penguin hybrid to be delusional?

If you can answer yes to both questions, I'll admit defeat in this debate. Otherwise, I can't see how you have any legs left to stand on.

I've really enjoyed this debate, however. You're an intelligent and entertaining opponent. I truly hope we can debate again in the future. Seriously.

JB

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

See, you just attempted an attack on logic by comparing this issue to another issue. This is an isolated instance, and an individual example. No two situations are alike.

Its the same principle. Equal treatment regardless of whatever they identify as. Its something that I openly support.
I guess I'm more tolerant and progressive than you because I support penguin-boys case, even if its an isolated case.

" you just attempted an attack on logic by comparing this issue to another issue"

the lbtg issue was compared to other civil rights issues, in that it was all about equality.
By your own yardstick it was an attack on logic as well.
edit on 30-1-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Another diversion! Is your position on the issue (the real issue) so weak that you must continue to use examples of inflammatory topics in order to avoid the truth?

Its the same principle.

If people who think they are something they are not are delusional, then what are the implications for men who believe they are women, and cross dress?

I ask you, is there such a thing as human-penguin hybrids?
straw man.
penguin boy never claimed to be a hybrid. only that he identifies as a penguin. juST like how some men feel they are women.

Are there any medical professionals who wouldn't consider, then, someone claiming to be a human-penguin hybrid to be delusional?

again nobody claimed trans-species people are "hybrid".

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
kalyaluv

Yeah, because if you told the boy who identifies as a girl that she would have to go the girl's restroom with the other girls, she'd be thrilled. If you told the girl who identifies as a boy that he has to play on the boys volleyball team with the other boys, he'd be thrilled, but if you told the boy who identified as a penguin that he'd have to go live in Antarctica with the other penguins, something tells me he wouldn't be too thrilled.

That's how you know....

who says penguins only live in antartica?
There are penguins in tropical regions as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Now you're resorting to ad hominem attacks! If being progressive means feeding a child's delusion/ploy, then keep it. And tolerance? I'm extremely tolerant. Just not of people who exploit a system (like you, when you compare apples to oranges).

For the last time, this isn't a gay rights issue. I support the rights of everyone. Had you taken the time to do any actual research, you'd know that.

As usual, your argument is senseless and has no basis in reality.

You've still failed to address any real points made during the course of this. I have satisfactorily proven my point, and see your continued diversion, and now, personal attacks, as an indicator that you're merely trolling for attention. You will receive no more from me.

edit on 1/30/2015 by JBurns because: typos

edit on 1/30/2015 by JBurns because: typos

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I support the rights of everyone.

Well me too. I support the rights of penguin boy. And I feel sorry for him because he was discriminated against by the bigoted school authorities.

Lets shake hands and move on. :-)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Agreed!

You and I stand closer on these issues than you think.

And I may not agree with you, but I respect your point of view.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
...and I THOROUGHLY look forward to future debates!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

Knowledge of Furries wouldn't change any of Kayla's valid points.

No what I see is a bunch of people who are bending over backwards to accommodate people who insist on believing something counter to their biology, and then refusing to do the same when another child insists on believing something counter to his biology.

You all built your house upon the sand.

Nah. What you see is a way to attack an actual physical reality with what is either a purely psychological situation or pure trolling. You all taking this stance are obvious.

Gender identity isn't always as simple as which genitalia a person is born with, in many cases a person born with a vagina but identifies as male may actually have male chromosomes or produce significantly more male hormones than female hormones... that persons invisible make-up may come to over-rule the visible gender. No sand here but documented, studied medical science.

By the way, most Furries would tell you that they don't actually believe they are a different animal or feel like they identify as a different animal.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Schools must be different over there because here in the UK the wee fellow in question would simply be picked on and bullied by the other children of his class until he wised up and stopped playing funny buggers. If that sounds harsh it's probably because kids are evil little sucker to one another, that being said they generally achieve the desired result.

Personally i blame the parents who obviously must have pandered to the child's delusional notions to some degree or another for the issue to have progressed as far as it has.

IMHO the poor wee fellow has had far to many carrots and not enough stick. End of the day nobody is doing the child any favours by allowing him to remain to think he is a Penguin.

edit on 30-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Like I've stated numerous times, my stated point of view is relevant to this topic alone.

When you add-on conversations about other topics, it then becomes an attempt to distract or otherwise manipulating the participants that they must take a single stance on both issues. This is the tool of a weak argument and a weak mind.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sounds like trolling to me. probably some pre-Adult effort to assert himself as a deep political thinker. Like that O'Keefe guy.

There's a problem on display, and that problem is the same teenage narcissism the world has been dealing with ince we came out of the trees.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
I bet the little dude really does not like this Man. LoL

^^ This is the most sensible thing posted so far in this thread.
2nd

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join