It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School discriminates against poor trans-species kid

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: SkippyBalls
a reply to: kaylaluv

He's just messing with them, and THAT is the real point of all of this.

There is a point to his messing around, a point that you just don't get.

Let's leave at that then ok Kayla, luv?

No, YOU don't get it. He's doing it to show off to his friends. "Look how I can mess with these dumb administrators, hee hee". Don't think that he has any loftier goal than that, because he doesn't. He's probably knocked down a few stop signs and mail boxes too. What's the point of that? Nuthin'. Just being a turd. Same thing with the penguin suit.

Ah the irony in this reply is so thick because you believe in every transgender kid. Obviously none would think to lie about that, but this one is just so absurd you finally find one you can't go with.

At no point in this thread, did it ever occur to you ...?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

Yeah, okay Skippy. I'm done with you now. Cuz you're just never going to get it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Bring back the paddle, anyone?

If you're against that, at least allow the parents to pull out a belt if you're an over the top twerp.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

He's just messing with them, and THAT is the real point of all of this.

There is a point to his messing around, a point that you just don't get.

Let's leave at that then ok Kayla, luv?

No, YOU don't get it. He's doing it to show off to his friends. "Look how I can mess with these dumb administrators, hee hee". Don't think that he has any loftier goal than that, because he doesn't. He's probably knocked down a few stop signs and mail boxes too. What's the point of that? Nuthin'. Just being a turd. Same thing with the penguin suit.

Ah the irony in this reply is so thick because you believe in every transgender kid. Obviously none would think to lie about that, but this one is just so absurd you finally find one you can't go with.

At no point in this thread, did it ever occur to you ...?

Yeah, because if you told the boy who identifies as a girl that she would have to go the girl's restroom with the other girls, she'd be thrilled. If you told the girl who identifies as a boy that he has to play on the boys volleyball team with the other boys, he'd be thrilled, but if you told the boy who identified as a penguin that he'd have to go live in Antarctica with the other penguins, something tells me he wouldn't be too thrilled.

That's how you know....

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Does the kid really identify as a penguin or is he just trolling/trying to make some sort of point?

I think he's trolling the allowance of religious headdress or just in general.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ok Kayla, luv.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, yes. Everyone should be treated fairly.
So why can't penguin boy get fair treatment?

He IS TROLLING! (and so are you) This kid is using the school to make a political point that he doesn't think it's fair that Muslims can wear "head gear" and penguins can't. He doesn't REALLY identify as a penguin.

lgbt folks are trolling. They are using society to make a political point that they don't think it's fair that all races can be treated equally but they. They aren't REALLY lgbt.

He's just being a jerk, basically. His analogy between Muslims and penguins is a huge fail.

lgbt folks are also being jerks, basically. Their analogy between sexuality and race (as an argument for their cause) is a huge fail.

See how it works?

10.0 on the flip!

Now that you know he's trolling and why, suddenly he's not a spoilt progressive/liberal brat/special snowflake generation.

UNREAL!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls
It would depend on many things. The first would be if such would be considered a distraction. If they deem that such would be a distraction by the school district, then they could reasonably ask that such be left off of the students head while at school.

I used to live in a city with students who were Muslim, during school hours, the girls would remove and keep the head coverings off, and after school on the way home, they would put such back on while on the bus, and then go home from there.

Schools time and time again, have regulated what the student body could and could not wear. Take for example the last set of problems where the district decided that students were not allowed to wear the American flag during the 5th of May. The students claimed it was the freedom of speech, and the district stated that such was being used to cause problems in the school. And it went to court and ultimately the school won, as the courts have determined that the freedom of speech can be restricted on the freedom of speech.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Seriously, look up furries. Some of them identify as other than human. This kid might be like that and you just don't understand him.

How could you? You are just a hater.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I AM KLINGON so obviously not part of humanity and THUS special.
I ALMOST got a CO in the Army to sign a waiver that I was NOT a human ,he thanked me for reminding him to READ what he signs...AFTER he showed showed me the signed document,we both laughed about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Trans-species? You have got to be kidding me.

Show me any trans-species humanoid and I will pay you.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Knowledge of Furries wouldn't change any of Kayla's valid points.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Clearly, your understanding of the natural world is somewhat limited, if you cannot see a clear difference between a human male identifying as female and the issues that are associated with that, and a kid believing and living as if he is a penguin, and the clear physical risks that involves, even if all we are talking about is from the very narrow diet involved.

You can cut around the arguments that really make this case if you like, but it changes little. The fact is, that while there are protections in place to prevent discrimination against people over matters like their race, religious preferences, and sexuality and gender, there is no basis, either in law, or in science, for someone identifying as a species other than their own. There is a growing trend for this out there, with Therianthropy attracting more attention lately as a result of stories like these. However, a penguin is not covered by Therianthropy, since a Therian, is specifically a mammalian life form, and does not include things like Echidna, or the platypus, and certainly does not include Penguins.

Yeah sure, its always different.
In other words, special pleading

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

Knowledge of Furries wouldn't change any of Kayla's valid points.

No what I see is a bunch of people who are bending over backwards to accommodate people who insist on believing something counter to their biology, and then refusing to do the same when another child insists on believing something counter to his biology.

You all built your house upon the sand.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
that kid only lacks of attention and he seeks for it. i think so stainless steel canopy

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Oh my, this boy is troubled. I think he needs professional help. And his mom needs to stop being passive and be a real parent. No wonder he's so messed up. Yes, I think he was playing everyone, and has a mommy complex. It's too bad dedicated people working at the school have to waste their valuable time on this. No wonder the burnout rate for teachers is so high

Sorry just saying he needs "professional help" is your judgement.
The same can be said about anybody claiming to have gender identity issues and it would be deemed offensive, right. (I am raising this point for the sake of argument, mods please stop deleting my posts.)

Also notice that the teachers did not treat him like he had a mental problem. Instead they were politely negotiating with him. Thats because they knew he had them cornered by citing state law that prohibit discrimination.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

He only had himself cornered. Since there is no such thing as a trans-species human, they can't be discriminated against. Its the frivolous abuse of this system that leads to true injustices being dismissed as "more petty abuse of ant discriminatory policies."

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The fact is that he can claim to be whatever he wants. In reality, his claims do not change the fact that he was a human being. Had he have really been a Penguin/human hybrid, I could see his point.

The fact that people are supporting this delusion says a lot regarding the state of our world.

Calling a horse by any other name...

JB

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
The fact is that he can claim to be whatever he wants. In reality, his claims do not change the fact that he was a human being. Had he have really been a Penguin/human hybrid, I could see his point.

What about a man who claims he is a woman inside? Its a fact that he is a man biologically and not a woman.

Do we dismiss him as saying "he can claim whatever he wants"?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with the argument at hand. My reply is bases on the sole fact that someone claiming to be something they can't possibly be and then expecting special treatment is absurd. The fact that people even entertain this notion is insane.

See, you just attempted an attack on logic by comparing this issue to another issue. This is an isolated instance, and an individual example. No two situations are alike.

In the instance of gender identity disorder, I will leave that for the psychiatrists. However, if those people are more comfortable associating as the opposite sex then more power to them. Its not my place to tell them its wrong for wanting to be a different sex. I believe there are operations for sex change, right?

Any operation promising to turn him into a penguin?

Now, please, I've addressed your diversion. And you've yet to actually counter one point I've made.

Very interesting debate!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join