It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School discriminates against poor trans-species kid

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

cool
The thing that gets me is that they are very talented but i just do not feel that they know exactly what they are putting into their show all the time. I see them more like planting a seed that ends up growing to something greater. It is like they are channelling some higher power. Yes they come up with it but i do not think they know how much relevance can be found in it.

Even the episodes that show their writing process reflect my statments. They set out to poke fun at something and end up making a serious societial statment as a byproduct.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Bring back corporal punishment in schools.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sounds like somebody needs a psychiatrist.

And, a DNA test.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh it's obvious. Kid is a budding furry. Who are we to discriminate if he identifies as a penguin more than a human?

Am I the only one who knows what a furry is?

If we are letting kids decide that they are boy/girls and girl/boys, then we should let them decide to be penguin/humans too.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks for noticing

I usually have a different take on things I have noticed. lol Not sure what that is saying........

Kids little drama play aside it could be a real issue in the not to distant future.

Should have taken the blue pill damnit.....

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh it's obvious. Kid is a budding furry. Who are we to discriminate if he identifies as a penguin more than a human?

Am I the only one who knows what a furry is?

If we are letting kids decide that they are boy/girls and girl/boys, then we should let them decide to be penguin/humans too.

Except that boys and girls go to school - penguins don't. If he wants to be a penguin, then he doesn't need to be in school. Penguins (and other wild animals) aren't even allowed in schools! It's against the law to try to domesticate them as pets, much less let them inside schools.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Boy you really do hate penguins don't you?

You know what else it used to be against the law to do? It used to be against the law for little boys to use the little girls room.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Boy you really do hate penguins don't you?

You know what else it used to be against the law to do? It used to be against the law for little boys to use the little girls room.

I love penguins. I love all wild animals and I think it's very sad when people take wild animals and try to make pets out of them. Wild animals are much happier in their natural habitat.

If a boy is really a girl on the inside, then she would want to go to the little girl's room, right? If a girl is really a boy on the inside, then he would want to go to the little boy's room, no? Then if a boy is really a penguin on the inside, he would want to be where penguins go, correct?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Except that boys and girls go to school - penguins don't. If he wants to be a penguin, then he doesn't need to be in school. Penguins (and other wild animals) aren't even allowed in schools! It's against the law to try to domesticate them as pets, much less let them inside schools.

He clearly says he identifies with another species and this is his way of expressing that. This is not about wether or not he actually is a real penguin that behaves like penguin for god sakes. It's about something else. Everybody involved in the video got that, and most around here got that.

You are still completely missing the point.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ewwwww... That's some Ed Gein behavior right there.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ah but you are the one who is missing the point.

His body is a little boy's body. It belongs where little boy bodies belong. He is doing what he can to identify as a penguin even though he is trapped in a little boy's body and life. Why should the school discriminate against his reasonable accommodation request?

The little boy who is in a little girl's body gets to use the little boy's room. The school doesn't discriminate against her/his reasonable request.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

He clearly says he identifies with another species and this is his way of expressing that. This is not about wether or not he actually is a real penguin that behaves like penguin for god sakes. It's about something else. Everybody involved in the video got that, and most around here got that.

Well, first of all - someone who identifies as something usually acts like that something that they identify with, or else what is the point of identifying with it? A person born as a boy who identifies as a girl, acts like a girl. They will talk like a girl, walk like a girl, and sit like a girl.

Of course this kid is not a real penguin. This kid does NOT identify as a penguin. It is NOT his belief that he is a penguin. He just wants to wear a funny penguin suit to school and he was told no. He's just trying to use the rule book against the administrators to get them to let him wear his funny penguin suit to school. That's all this is about.

The administrators know exactly what he is trying to get away with, but they apparently aren't smart enough to beat him at his own game. It's a shame because they could have completely nipped his little shenanigan in the bud by calling his bluff that he identifies as a penguin.

I'm all for letting people be true to themselves, but that's not what's going on here and you know it. He's just messing with them, and THAT is the real point of all of this.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

And some of the kids who say they are really girls or boys ... or Iron Man ... as my son did for a while aren't?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Some of you just don't understand transgenderism at all. I know - you're not interested in understanding it.

A transgender would do anything to be on the outside as they feel on the inside - sometimes to the point of self mutilation. To compare the little shenanigan that this kid is pulling with his funny penguin suit to a genuine transgender is an insult to transgenders who truly are suffering with what they've been born with.

And with that, I'm done.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I bet the little dude really does not like this Man. LoL

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

He's just messing with them, and THAT is the real point of all of this.

There is a point to his messing around, a point that you just don't get.

Let's leave at that then ok Kayla, luv?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Well, first of all - someone who identifies as something usually acts like that something that they identify with, or else what is the point of identifying with it? A person born as a boy who identifies as a girl, acts like a girl. They will talk like a girl, walk like a girl, and sit like a girl.

Of course this kid is not a real penguin. This kid does NOT identify as a penguin. It is NOT his belief that he is a penguin. He just wants to wear a funny penguin suit to school and he was told no. He's just trying to use the rule book against the administrators to get them to let him wear his funny penguin suit to school. That's all this is about.

The administrators know exactly what he is trying to get away with, but they apparently aren't smart enough to beat him at his own game. It's a shame because they could have completely nipped his little shenanigan in the bud by calling his bluff that he identifies as a penguin.

I'm all for letting people be true to themselves, but that's not what's going on here and you know it. He's just messing with them, and THAT is the real point of all of this.

This is the exact view that many have about confused kids of all sorts. He needs to make an effort to identify with his own.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

He's just messing with them, and THAT is the real point of all of this.

There is a point to his messing around, a point that you just don't get.

Let's leave at that then ok Kayla, luv?

No, YOU don't get it. He's doing it to show off to his friends. "Look how I can mess with these dumb administrators, hee hee". Don't think that he has any loftier goal than that, because he doesn't. He's probably knocked down a few stop signs and mail boxes too. What's the point of that? Nuthin'. Just being a turd. Same thing with the penguin suit.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

He has sparked a discussion here about a point you don't seem to get.

And what part of let's leave it at that did you not get?
edit on 29-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry if someone else has posted this....but uh....what happens when he finds himself surrounded by other-kin who identify as Orca or Polar Bear? Will he demand his own private enclosure in the school where we can happily slip and slide away on the ice without fear of natural predators?

I see these kids blogging and communicating with each other all the time offsite and yeah....they're feeding off one another in a mass delusion by reinforcing each others "special snowflake status" en masse.

These kids don't need psychologists or psychiatrists (who are already overburdened with SERIOUS mental illnesses), what these spoiled brats need is to have their toys and technologies taken away from them and a nice hard, swift kick of reality in their over-imaginative brains. If that doesn't work....drop their asses back off in Antarctica and let them fend in the wilds for a few weeks on their own. I guarantee they'll rethink their "special case" status pretty damned quick.

(Pardon me while I regurgitate my last meal over this issue.)

edit on 1/29/15 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edit

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join