It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School discriminates against poor trans-species kid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls
a reply to: kaylaluv

Off course the kid doesn't really want to be a penguin....

My point is that your argument is invalid. You can't expect a transgender to be EXACTLY like the opposite sex, just like you cant expect him to live exactly like a penguin, because it is physically(and in other ways) impossible.

My point is that a transgender has no desire to live like the gender they were born with. Not only can't this kid live exactly like a penguin - he doesn't even really want to - which makes his whole argument invalid.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: andy06shake

Come on now, if we were to start expelling children because of there nonsensical beliefs our schools would be rather empty would they not?

Let's at least wait until he is a violent penguin before we start pigeon-holing the poor misguided little fellow.

If he wants to be treated like a penguin, then he needs to live his life as a penguin. That means no school and no college. He can go hang out with other penguins (they don't go to school or college either).

Ah.... so you're a penguin bigot.

Gotta keep those uppity penguins in their place.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

My point is that a transgender has no desire to live like the gender they were born with. Not only can't this kid live exactly like a penguin - he doesn't even really want to - which makes his whole argument invalid.

Your point is.....missing the point. It doesn't matter if the kid actually wants to be a penguin or not. If he claims his belief is that he is a penguin, his belief should be respected meaning he should get the same priviliges as other beliefs.

He doesn't have to prove he wants to be a penguin just like a muslim doesn't have to prove he or she wants to be a muslim.
edit on 29-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Ya got a star from me here stosh. This crazy kid may be trolling but it does raise the question of human post human and beyond human rights. I guess many of us would prefer to just poo poo these issues and not think about them further other than to judge them by our present cultures. But as Dylan says, the times are a changing and those bigger changes than most of us can imagine may be right around the corner.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If he wants to be treated like a penguin, then he needs to live his life as a penguin. That means no school and no college. He can go hang out with other penguins (they don't go to school or college either).

If a muslim wants to be a muslim they should go hang with other muslims, in other muslim countries with muslim schools.

Right?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I like this kid....Hes smart, hes got a distinctly respectful demeanor and hes certainly got these assholes buffaloed......
He has the right to wear his headgear if believers in superstition are.....
In fact I think this kid might make a great president someday....
So screw the naysayers...PENGUIN BOY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Funny how a lot of people on a site like this are so quick to oppose such a free thinker when they aren't even able to refute his arguments.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If a muslim wants to be a muslim they should go hang with other muslims, in other muslim countries with muslim schools.

Right?

A Muslim is a human who wants to hang with other humans, in areas where humans live. Right.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Is there any point that is not lost on you?

This is a rethorical question.

Any reponse to my other comment directed at you?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Right?

A Muslim is a human who wants to hang with other humans, in areas where humans live. Right.

So you're an advocate of segregation? Are you saying just because somebody identifies as a penguin they must be forced to live where penguins have always traditionally lived?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Your point is.....missing the point. It doesn't matter if the kid actually wants to be a penguin or not. If he claims his belief is that he is a penguin, his belief should be respected meaning he should get the same priviliges as other beliefs.

He doesn't have to prove he wants to be a penguin just like a muslim doesn't have to prove he or she wants to be a muslim.

Sure, his belief should be respected. He should be sent to live with other penguins - just as humans live with other humans. A Muslim is a human who wants and deserves to live among other humans. But, he doesn't want to live with other penguins? I wonder why he wants to live in the human world when he does not identify as a human? Don't you know that it's cruel to keep wild animals in captivity? I think it's even against the law to keep a penguin as a pet.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
But the kid's point is valid. If he truly believes he is a penguin then how is wearing a penguin hat any different from something like special religious headgear? Some people find the beliefs of other religions ridiculous, just like many find the penguin thing ridiculous. But just because some of us find it ridiculous does not mean it isn't true. Maybe he DOES identify with penguins. If people can identify with different genders based on the way they "feel," which they argue has to do with brain chemistry, why can't the brain make a person feel like they're a penguin? They both deal with biological issues in some manner. THIS is the problem we have brought upon ourselves by giving special treatment to anyone who feels "different."

But the same people who pushed for people with certain differences will not allow this penguin kid to follow suit, because they find the penguin idea ridiculous. But isn't the whole point that it matters how the KID feels? That is the thing about society, it dictates which neuroses are acceptable and which are unacceptable. It has nothing to do with right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Sure, his belief should be respected. He should be sent to live with other penguins - just as humans live with other humans. A Muslim is a human who wants and deserves to live among other humans.

His belief of being a penguin does not dictate that he should be forced to live with other penguins, just like muslims aren't forced to live with other muslims.

The fact that muslims are also humans has nothing to do with it.

The point is that a belief is a belief and if you are going to respect one belief you should respect the other too, with every privilige that comes with it.

Also his belief that he is a penguin doesn't mean that he is a penguin. Just like a transgender woman is not really a guy.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

Well, it depends what you mean by who decides. If you mean, who decides if a person places spiritual importance on a given ideal or principle, holy text or figurehead, then the individual of course. However, if you mean who decides what religious organisations and practices are recognised by government, then I would have thought that these things are a matter for the courts, and probably the Attorney General.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Oh my, this boy is troubled. I think he needs professional help. And his mom needs to stop being passive and be a real parent. No wonder he's so messed up. Yes, I think he was playing everyone, and has a mommy complex. It's too bad dedicated people working at the school have to waste their valuable time on this. No wonder the burnout rate for teachers is so high

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

The fact that Muslims are human has a lot to do with it.

This is a case of animal verses human here - this is NOT a case of a human living as a human with a different religious belief.

Let's be clear. He does NOT have a belief that he is a penguin. I think we all know that. He does not have the desire to live as a penguin the way that a transgender has the desire to live as another gender. You cannot compare the two.

He is trying to get away with something, but his logic doesn't work. All that the administrators had to do to prove that his logic didn't work would be to play along with him being a penguin and telling him there were laws against animals inside schools, especially wild animals. That would force him to admit that he doesn't really believe he's a penguin, which would force him to follow the rules. There are no laws against Muslims attending schools, so how can you compare the two situations.

If a transgender who identified as a woman went into a men's-only locker room and was told that she couldn't go in because she identified as a woman, I would be very surprised if she would fight that. That's because she really feels like she is a woman, and would feel uncomfortable being in the men's-only locker in the first place. Telling this kid that he wasn't allowed in the school because he identified as a penguin would probably piss him off and make him realize that his little trick wasn't going to work.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Let's at least wait until he is a violent penguin before we start pigeon-holing the poor misguided little fellow.

It doesn't take much sometimes, but that made me laugh.... pigeonholing a penguin!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Honestly the kid is full of #, but I also agree if for no other reason than, I'd love a world where I could act like a puppy pretty much anywhere. I mean sure that's only a fetish for me unlike my being transgender which is a nightmare, but still, I really have no problem with it.

And no I'm not a furry, cute ears, maybe a black nose, a collar and a wageddy tail, bout as far as I'd go in looks. But really, what does his penguin identification hurt? I'm a firm believer in that which harms no one should not be legislated.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
At some point we have to admit this kid is a genuis.

Not only is he getting the views he is also getting many to seriously debate an episode of southpark.

he has skills

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Some college give classes to discuss south park, it is no joke

‘South Park’ fosters classroom discussions of social issues

South park is sometimes the most accurate representation of current society

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join