It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School discriminates against poor trans-species kid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The kid claims the school is "breaking state law" because they are "discriminating".
And that he is "deeply offended"...and feels that he is being "singled out".
Oh, he also says to the teachers "you are treating me different from them, we should be treated as equals"

If this video isn't a stupid gag, then it implies the school authorities actually sat there seriously negotiating with a...uh... penguin for 17 minutes.

Still think everybody, including penguin boy, ought to be treated fairly regardless of who they are?
edit on 29/1/2015 by Gemwolf because: Fixed video embed

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Video doesn't work - here ya go. No, the kid's an idiot and if he really believes this, he needs help.

edit on 29-1-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

The video seems to be gone. So speculation abounds sometimes rather than the pleasure of mere silence. Did he partition for anything special for himself despite wanting to be equal, maybe a chilled classroom for example, or a constant lunch menu of fish? Will the sequel be released on Youtube?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Look!!! A real life troll...

His mother needs to come pick him up and take him directly to a psychiatrist. Do not pass go... Do not collect $200. She may also need to book herself an appointment for allowing this "otherkin" to get out of control.

He's comparing wearing his penguin hat to a Muslim hijab. Give me a break. This is why we can't have nice things...

If you want to roll play, more power to you. My generation created D&D, but we certainly didn't go to school expecting to be treated like a dragon.

I can't believe the teachers sat there that long with him.
edit on 1/29/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
He does make a fair point, if people are allowed special dispensation on account of supersticion then he should be allowed to wear whatever he likes.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Trans-species?

Enough already... lol!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This crap has to be nipped in the bud.
Wait, it is too late for that.
So many people have to be treated 'special' already that we have brewed a pot where this kind of crap makes the news.

WE ARE LOST.

ETA: I just looked.... I have given the first star and flag.

That is sad.
This is an important story.
It shows what is so WRONG with the culture today.... victimhood.
edit on b000000312015-01-29T07:53:35-06:0007America/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 07:53:35 -0600700000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Does the kid really identify as a penguin or is he just trolling/trying to make some sort of point?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I doubt the kid was trolling.

He was actually convinced that he is being discriminated against for not being allowed to wear a penguin costume.

Probably grew up hearing "everybody is equal regardless of who they are" on repeat and decided to become a penguin.

edit on 29-1-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would say this kid is absolutely brilliant. He is sitting there in a penguin suit and there is just no way for these adults to not take him seriously. They are forced to engage in a discussion with him and they cannot win the discussion.

This is awesome.

Off course the kid is trolling, brilliantly.
edit on 29-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Some people choose to look on the outside the way they feel in the inside

The guy clearly saw southpark and wanted to prove teacher are special people that are able to tolerate this for 17 minutes, poor souls must all end mad after years of enduring other people kids...

edit on 29-1-2015 by Indigent because: o

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
Still think everybody, including penguin boy, ought to be treated fairly regardless of who they are?

Managed to sit through it. Want my time back! Also not aware of anyone that holds the above position, anyway ...

It's philosophically irrelevant to reality and intellectually obtuse trolling of the most obvious kind.

1. Trans-species is not recognized in (I think) any country or by any authority
2. They're not breaking any state law
3. Wearing a penguin hat is not a philosophically respectable argument
4. Evidence is required of a condition or religion before a school has to provide support for it, plus it has to be reasonable; it's in there look it up. I.E you can't just show up to school in a wheel chair because you're lazy, say you worship Satan so require a live chicken to slaughter, or change your gender on a five minute whim

Quote from video: "This is typical of any kind of interaction I have with you, in a penguin suit or not."

For persons that find this funny or somehow relevant ... is it funny to pretend to be blind? Have schizophrenia? PTSD? This is that STUPID. There are plenty of countries with strict dress codes and unforgiving rules to move to if you don't like a variety of religious 'headgear' or diversity clubs.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
He'd keep quiet if Batman was the principal.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Maybe he just wants to be "special" and thinks he can get away with it by using the "everybody is equal" line and claiming discrimination.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

For persons that find this funny or somehow relevant ... is it funny to pretend to be blind? Have schizophrenia? PTSD? This is that STUPID.

But he is pretending to be a penguin. It's not funny, it's hilarious.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
These may be valid questions in the not to distant future. Human 2.0

We may move 'beyond' human

Will the 'improved' humans feel they need special treatment as opposed to those old fashioned non-enhanced humans?

ETA: I do find the humor in this, just sayin.
edit on 1 29 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Trans-species?Burgess Meredith would be down with this.
edit on CSTThuam4861 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

(post by rokkuman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

Well, yes. Everyone should be treated fairly.

He IS TROLLING! (and so are you) This kid is using the school to make a political point that he doesn't think it's fair that Muslims can wear "head gear" and penguins can't. He doesn't REALLY identify as a penguin. He's just being a jerk, basically. His analogy between Muslims and penguins is a huge fail.
edit on 1/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Thank you. It's also sad to see these teachers/faculty having to sit there and deal with this crap because some parents act so ridiculous and have children who are incapable of doing wrong... They don't won't to deal with that so they are in essence forced to deal with this.

It's beyond ludicrous IMO. Penguin boy should have been put on ice about 2 minutes into the conversation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join